auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Amanda, my prayers you've got.
    :cry:
    Hugs to you and yours,
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that MFP says that I've logged in for 5 days in a row! How can that be???? I've logged in every day.

After going to FL last month, I'm STILL trying to get caught up on emails.

Did an hour of yoga today and then an hour of deep water (Wed). They celebrated the birthdays today, I made a key lime cake. I was surprised at how very limey it was! Didn't have much, just some grapes, carrots, a bite of this blueberry cake (I'm not sure if it was from a mix or what) and some crumbs from the key lime cake.

genalace - glad you got the oil out. When I get oil on my clothes, I usually can get it out by putting talcum powder on it. I guess the powder soaks up the oil. But then again, I usually don't have the amount of oil that you had.

Amanda - my deepest condolences on your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Welcome Nancy!

Went to our bowling league. Out of three games, I got in the 90's the first game, I really stunk in the second -- only 80, but the third I got 126. That was at least decent, sort-of

Contacted MFP about the days logged in. They said they were going to reset it. Said that you need to enter the foods before midnight. I thought I did, but maybe I didn't.

Did 50 min of Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights workout today (Thurs). It's really two 30 minute workouts, but I didn't do the cooldown on level one and just went to level 2 which is why it's only 50 minutes

Welcome Sue. You joined by posting. Looking forward to getting to know you better. You, too, mkbunny

Natalie - prayers for you. You know, one time I was really scared before an operation and in the end, my being scared was really not founded. Of course, I didn't know that at the time. I'm sure things will work out for you, but it's scary just the same.

magglet - OUCH!!!! Feel better fast.

Going to take some yarn to a lady for her grandchild and then do some practice bowling.

Michele
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Amanda - my condolences on your loss. You and your family are in our prayers. Jeannie
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :smile: Barbie, you always have the best advice. Good luck with your move.

:smile: Michele, two JM workouts in one session is great. I think her DVD's are a little easy, but challenging at the same time.

:flowerforyou: Welcome to all the newcomers.

Have a great day!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!all.I know Oa was mentioned today.I have been going to Oa for 3 years.My dr recommended it.I know some people don`t like it ,but I have grown to love it.I have made some wonderful friends.I have heard some amazing speakers.I have learned to be accountable for my food.For me,it works.
    We have more rain today.Still cleaning up from the flood over the week-end.
    Natalie,I know you are scared,but what kind of life do you have now?I`m praying for you.
    Everyone else,have a great day!
    HUGS
    jane
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, such a friendly group :smile:

I've just completed helping at a three-day children's holiday club at our church where the plates of biscuits sit temptingly near the oh-so-essential coffees! Well I am pleased to report that I did not succumb and not one biscuit passed my lips, I took fruit with me and ate that instead, which I think was more refreshing too.

Just thought I'd share :blushing:

Hoping you all have/had a great day
    Sue
  • janemartin02
    Options
    good for you Sue.
    mini victory.
    HUGS
    jane
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!
    I have been MIA for the past week so I will need to read the past 5 pages in order to catch up with you all.
    My DF's accident, although he was not very badly hurt, has set us back a bit. We are dealing with the insurance co and now the Dr and Hospital bills are starting to come in. I am afraid that I have gone a bit off the deep end with all of this and have started to eat everything that is not nailed down and have quit logging. BAD, BAD, BAD. I have not gained alot as I can still fit a size 10 but I would not be surprised if I gained 5 or more pounds. I don't know for sure as I have been at my Dad's for a few days and he doesn't have a scale. It is time to nip that in the bud. :grumble:
    On a good note, I was web surfing on Monday and I may have found a bike. We will have to go to Woodstock Il to look at it. I think we will be leaving Friday afternoon and return on Saturday.
    I will try to check in after I read about what you are all up to. Big hugs to you all.
    Peggy
  • annvey
    annvey Posts: 30
    Options
    @conedoor: Welcome. May you have great success! Restaurant Salad Dressings....stay away!!! They are loaded with fat! Ask for
    oil & vinegar on the side instead. :)

Ann
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Sue - congrats on passing up the biscuits. So many times I would prefer to have a piece of fruit, but places don't serve it :(.

Went to canasta today and one lady wanted to leave early so I took her place. She'd paid for the lunch, I didn't since I didn't know if I'd be called to jury duty or not. Anyway, I had strawberries for dessert. They tasted so sweet, then I realized why. Why I have no idea but the place put sugar on them!

Looks like we're getting close to being locked out. Newbies -- don't worry, there'll be a link to the next installment at the end of this thread.

Bowled three games today. Out of the three, I broke 100 twice and the third time I came really close.

Going to play mahjongg tonight. Have a great evening everyone!

Michele
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    A quick HELLO to everyone!

Amanda: I am SO sorry to hear about your FIL's passing. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue: Welcome. Glad you found us.

And to all others who are new and I missed....glad to have you too!

Busy, busy with son and his fiance here. Lots of exercise each day but more food than normal too:grumble:

I read the posts as well as I could to catch up. I like to hear what you are all doing, but sorry I am not responding more personally.
    Take care, dear Ladies and hope to catch up more later.:heart: Kackie
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Amanda - I am so sorry for the loss of your FIL. You and your family are in my prayers
  • gerink
    gerink Posts: 50
    Options
    I just joined MFP and saw this posting - are you still hosting this group and is it on for the month of August? As a newbie I could definitely use the help and support as I start my journey on a new life style.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I did not make it to the gym. Took a ride to Cape Cod. Ate out but kept within my calorie limit. I am making better choices.

:flowerforyou: gerink

Yes, Barbie will start an august post for sure. She usually lets us know at the end of the month.

It will say WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Kathy (Plantlady)
  • janemartin02
    Options
    welcome gerink!
    This is an amazing bunch of women
    jane
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi All:

First off, Amanda, so sorry for your loss, My thoughts and prayers are with you:cry:

Natalie - don't worry, it is perfectly normal to worry about your surgery. I have had over 25 surgeries and I was nervous before every one!! You wll be fine and before you know it, you will be moving around with no pain; just think about how lovely that will be:love:

For the Newcomers - Welcome, welcome, welcome - you will enjoy this site. You will get tons of interesting information here and tons of support and best of all, no one passses judgment around here, which is great:laugh

I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.

I cannot wait for this weekend, it is a long weekend for us in Ontario as we have Monday off. I cannot wait. My DH and I are taking a romantic weekend away. We are going back to one of the places where we went for our honeymoon. It should be a good time and they are calling for a splendid weekend weather wise too.

Well, my Friends, take care and I will talk to you later.

Love, Cathy
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes, I know that I am doing the right thing by having the TKR, it's going to hurt, but the pain I have had the last 50 days can't be any worse... I know the PT and therapy are going to be hard work, not looking forward to that..
    I did buy one of those icing machines, to use in the hospital and rehab and at home. Hoping it will help.
    Natalie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we have been so talkative that this thread will lock and a new one will start :bigsmile: be prepared for the link at the bottom of the page.

:bigsmile: I found a new walking friend so I had another wonderful walk this afternoon.:bigsmile: it occurred to me that one new idea that I have made a part of my life is to meet my friends for a walk instead of for a meal.......saves money and calories :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies

Amanda, I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

I know we are nearly at 500 posts, so I'm not sure whether this post will work, but here goes ....................

Hmm it seemed to work, but now it looks as if my post is the 5000th one and I'm not sure how it works now. Will someone be able to put the link on the bottom of this??