Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - July Challenge!!

Options
Hey lovelies! :drinker: And all you newbs too :bigsmile: Welcome to the 10th installment of our Kickin' *kitten* Challenges! If you are looking for some stellar encouragement and support from a group of awesome ladies that know the ropes and understand the trials and tribulations of weight loss and healthy living, you have come to the right place!

Same deal applies this month: Post your goals and keep those posts coming! But as I've said before, whether you update with us regularly or not, make sure that you always keep your own personal goals on the radar and take time each day to dedicate to your own health and well-being. You deserve it!

For those of you unfamiliar with our challenges...

This group/forum is an on-going conversation between motivated, dedicated and totally kick-*kitten* young people all working towards their own individual goals. Each month we are tasked with setting reasonable and attainable goals for ourselves and then checking-in with the group periodically, either to post questions or advice, update on your own personal progress, or provide support and encouragement for those of us that struggle with the everyday stresses and ups & downs of our journey toward healthier living.

Here's how it works:

1) As our veteran members (and newbs alike) sign onto the challenge once again, a list like the one found at the bottom of this post will start forming. This is our “goals list”. If you want to join the challenge, we ask that you copy and paste the most up-to-date list and tag your own screen name and goals to the bottom – this is so that we can keep things moving along and no one gets left behind! (If you notice that someone's been left off, due to a high volume of posting, please incorporate their goals back into the list whenever possible.)

2) Set attainable and realistic goals! I cannot stress this enough, and we will regularly be posting PSAs (as always) to this effect, but I am going to throw it out there right now just so that we're clear. This group is dedicated to supporting healthy living, first and foremost, and that includes physical, emotional and mental health. So set goals that you know you can reach, with hard work and persistence, and find ways to celebrate small victories whenever you can. This will help you stay motivated and on track! We recommend setting some non-scale goals along with a scale goal if you are trying to lose weight – seeing progress in your fitness, your measurements and your diet is a great way to celebrate small changes in your life that make a HUGE difference. Be flexible, know that things aren't going to go perfectly as planned every day, and allow some wiggle room for a bad day here and there. We all have them!

3) Once your goals are posted, stay active and enjoy the benefits of this awesome community. Oh, and invite your 20-something friends! Let's keep this group moving, ladies!

Before we get started... Here are our goals for the month of June. How did you guys do? :huh: I know I didn't bother keeping up with most of mine. Goodness knows, life gets in the way sometimes! Let us know how you did and set some new goals (or keep the same ones) for July and let's get this thing going!
Angela4Health -run 60 miles in June and eat clean for 29 of the next 30 days
CCSunlight- Drink at least 8c of water a day, lose 8 pounds, and make sure to stay on track as I move and settle in
Ashleypeterson37:: Finish the last 10 days of 30DS, finally hit ONEDERLAND (8lbs away), run at least 50 miles and start Ripped in 30!
ashleyk_xox- Lose 10 pounds to make it to my 100 pounds total lost, bring ALL my meals to work, complete entire 30 DS video, NO sweat tea, go to the gym at least 4 times every week, and tone my legs enough to wear shorts!
Anitanz - loose 2kg to get down to 63kg / 139lb. Drink less alcohol and look and feel great at my 30th!
~KanCrav~..... Reach 135. ~ Drink at least 80oz of water a day. ~ Work out 6 days a week, even if its just Shred. ~ Finish Shred! ~Run at least 4 miles a week.
milieitner-Get into the 8-stone-something category, Finish shred and start NMTZ, and Eat 100% clean 5 days a week
emmaldownie (Emma)- cycle 100k, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
mkingraham (Megan)- Strength train at least 2 times a week, DON'T Weigh-in until July 1, run at least 2 miles 3 times a week, believe in myself, lose 8 lbs (ambitious I know)
erinnmcpherson- Goals: Drink 6-8 cups of water a day, lose at least three pounds, run/walk a 5k scheduled for June 18, run 3x a week, cook/eat more fruits and veggies again (and less processed foods) and start 30DS again.
Crystalfaith: workout at least 4x a week, solidify my spot in the 140s (shooting for 145), containing my eating on the weekends, drink lots of water!
Finncmh (Cait)- Continue with crossfit schedule of 3 days a week (MWF) get back in to a better running schedule (TR, Sat or Sun), compete in Father's Day 5k (hoping for a solid PR!) work on letting myself just get outside and relax a little bit on my day off, complete my Whole 30 challenge (check out my blog to see what it is), continue to blog everyday about my experience with the Whole30 challenge.
shannonaufman: hit 168 pounds. Drink 32oz of H2O before any other beverage. Stick with 30DS and OHR. One cheat meal a week, log everything else.
jyopchick: stay on Turbo Fire schedule as much as possible (even through a 10-day beach vacation), make FUN not FOOD the FOCUS of the summer!! :)
smapl001-work out 3x a week and lose 8lbs :)
lostalykat- No weighing in until a month from my last WI day, June 26th. Focus on fueling for my workouts and staying in a good calorie range. Relax and stretch more, worry less. Check in on how I am feeling emotionally and mentally once a week.
Allie7383- stay in the 140's.. WI once a week.. continue with the 30 Day Shred, focus on changing my eating, continue feeling better about myself, no matter the number on the scale!!
Mariababe81 (Mariam): I want to keep up with c25k and get to week 8 by the end of june, to continue zumba once a week and shred on days i cant run, get back to my clean eating!!! I am going to try to not weigh in every day and stick to once a month or fortnightly as i dont want the scale to rule my life! get the hang of maintainance!
kafoteh (Kristin): *Lose 2-5 lbs *Workout at least 4x a week and at least 45 mins each session *Go to the golf driving range at least 3 times this month
guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
shelsab (alexis)- lose 5 lbs. Strength 3 x week. More veggies. Read more. Find some new healthy meals to make.
tjradd73(Tara)- lose -6.0llbs, follow my new workout plan every day, try 2 new recipes, <1400 cal avg/week, and <4 days over cals total.
meagalayne- get settled into a fitness schedule that works with my new job and stay accountable, continue logging only 5 days/week, make 2 spin classes, make fitness social at least once a week (cycling, running, walking, something - not including baseball games on Wed night), drink more water (!!!) and aim to get at least 6 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week.
imarunner8908- hit 155 by July 1st, start running again , drink at least 80 ounces of water a day, and give up eating fast food more than once a week, no TV
Leela30: I'd love to lose at least 2-3 real pounds, but realistically my goal and what will happen is more maintenance.
cmg2008: I would love to get down into the mid 140s, continue trekking on with C25K and I want to not eat any fast foods for the month of june =)
Eleanoreb- Continue with maintenance and focus on eating healthier. I've been more caught up in maintaining, than in eating healthy. I need to cut back on all the treats ive been allowing myself lately
Ley2ndtry: Complete weeks 1-4 on C25K
Complete the 30 day shred and continue with Zumba - Fit into a size 14 finally and keep up healthy eating!!
hanna1210 (Meghan)- Consistently work out with C25K, get in the 210s, work out at least 5 days a week.
ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, jog/run 35 miles, walk dogs at least 10x, No sodas, fit in size 12 pants with comfort, sleep at least 6 hrs 5x/wk (meagalayne....hope you don't mind I borrowed that one from ya :D), and create and follow a workout plan with at least 90% success! Plus overall eating healthier :D
Stuartme123 (Meredith): 1) Cook three health conscious meals a week 2) More veggies! 3) Pressometric movements 5x/wk 4) Yoga 2x/wk 5) 30 min of cardio 3x/wk
i_love_vinegar-to get down to 100 pounds. I'd love to beat it too!

Keep it up, ladies! One day at a time! :heart:
Meag

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Allie7383- stay in the 140's.. WI once a week.. continue with the 30 Day Shred, focus on changing my eating, continue feeling better about myself, no matter the number on the scale!!

Oh I'm first!! man once again I've been so MIA with you ladies, and I greatly apologize.. The end of June brought on some really hard times in regards to work and my overall attitude, so I didn't have much positivity to bring to the thread.. Def didn't want to poison the well, but I kept up reading the posts..

So as for my June goals.. Not only did I stay in the 140's but I was able to magically get down to about 144! Wow where did that come from all of a sudden? And that was with a week in there of no exericse.. i'm just glad to finally be past the plateau.. As for the other goals, still a work in progress, though I'm managing to have more days where I get up, look at myself, and think, dang girl you look pretty good today :) Hope you all had a successful June, and hope you no-scale challengers were able to make it through!! This Sunday is my bday, followed by my first 4 mile race on July4th, so it will be a fun weekend.. here's to a fabulous July!!
    So here's my July goals:

Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am so IN!

Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
    Black_Swan - eat back all exercise calories and keep up with my running plan
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I think I'm coming back. Been through some crazy major life changes in the last 6 months but I need to re-dedicate myself overall health and fitness and not just getting miles in. Marathon training starts in about 2 weeks. I'll be back with some goals!
  • teee2
    teee2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im in!!!!

Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    im a newbie, and would definitely love to join!

Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
    marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness July is here!! So my recap for June-

mkingraham (Megan)- Strength train at least 2 times a week, DON'T Weigh-in until July 1, run at least 2 miles 3 times a week, believe in myself, lose 8 lbs (ambitious I know)

Strength train 2 times a week was a fail, but I did do it at least once a week which is more than I had been doing- I DID NOT weight in until this morning and I am really proud of myself for resisting the scale for so long as I had been weighing in everyday, I am pretty sure that I ran at least 2 miles 3 times a week or I averaged 6 miles a week. But I want to make running more consistent because I like being able to do it. Its not that I really like running but I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I accomplish a distance. I think I struggled with believing in myself. I was so nervous for my race that I barely slept the night before, but then I total hit my goal and did everything I needed to in order to get there which gave me a major boost of self confidence. And the 8lbs goal, well big fat failure there. When I weighed in 4 weeks ago I was 212.5, when I weighed in today I was 210. So in the 4 weeks I only lost 2.5 lbs, but I went into the end of June saying that I would be really happy if I just maintained. Needless to say I am really happy that July is here so I can start fresh!

I will create a separate post for my july goals!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
    mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!

That's right no official pound goals :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Morning folks! And to the few Canucks out there, HAPPY CANADA DAY! :bigsmile:

Here's my recap for June... It's not pretty!

meagalayne- get settled into a fitness schedule that works with my new job and stay accountable, continue logging only 5 days/week, make 2 spin classes, make fitness social at least once a week (cycling, running, walking, something - not including baseball games on Wed night), drink more water (!!!) and aim to get at least 6 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week.

1) Did not get settled - at all. Just finally picked up Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon training plan last week and decided that I will make it work, regardless. It's happening.
    2) Yes logging <5 days a week. It's nice to not log religiously but it definitely doesn't keep me accountable. I feel like it gives me free reign to eat garbage sometimes but I've been known to eat junk and not log it in the past (even whilst logging - such a cheater!) so I guess it makes no difference...
    3) Spin was a fail for a few reasons. Seriously. I made it to 9 mins of spin class all month...
    4) Social fitness has been a hit and miss. Going out once a week with my mom for runs but we tend not to run together because she is much slower than me. Trying to include Ty but lately our schedules just haven't accommodated for it. Definitely going to have to make this a priority.
    W
    5) Water has also been a fail... upwards and onwards!
    6) Sleep has been the biggest fail of all. Last night I capped off the month with just short of 5 hours. Not good. Moving on...

Although I didn't have a scale goal, I weighed in this morning at 121.0lbs exactly... Very low for my height and hoping not to get any lower throughout July...

A week or so ago I decided to revise my goals and set the following:
    1) I definitely need to make strength a priority. In the short term, I find strength training REALLY unfulfilling. I don't enjoy it at all, and to be honest, I really just love the high I get from chasing a burn - something I can't experience with strength training. Running is a different story and I know I can get back into that, and I will. But when I felt my absolute best physically was when I was lifting 2-3 times a week and could really tell that I was building lean muscle and getting toned. Definitely need to fit it in, somehow.

2)I also REALLY need to get back to my 1/2 Marathon training... Like, seriously, girls. What am I doing here!?!? haha I'm never going to run this damn thing if I don't start training again. I know I can do it. Just have to put my mind to it, find the time, and put my feet to the pavement. Other parts of my life will absolutely have to be put on the back burner. No more excuses - I want to do this for me.

3) Lastly, I need to stop giving myself permission to self-sabotage when no one else is around. Late-night snacking and taking bites here and there for no reason just makes me feel like a secretive eater and extremely disordered. I know that it's OK to indulge now and again, so I don't need to be "sneaking" small little bites of things every single day. I need to plan out my indulgences and the rest of the time I just need to stick to the plan, eat well, and feel good. Emotional eating needs to be a thing of the past.

These are going to be my July goals, I think. Along with water and sleep! Will re-post the list in a separate entry for everyone's convenience.

And to all you newbs - WELCOME!!! :drinker: You're going to love it here!

Megan, Jill, and Allie - Welcome back ladies! Glad to have you :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    July goal list thus far....

mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!
    meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG!~!~! July. How did this happen???? I hope you are all happy with your progress this month!!!~!!!

So, lets review here... drinks lots of water everyday... DONE! Workout 6 days a week.. DONE!~!~! (sometimes I even made it seven!) Finish Shred.... not yet, kinda got bored, but Im ok with that, I started doing spin 3 days a week Turbo Kick, I run after my classes for at least a mile so I am def getting in the workouts I need. Last goal, reach 135.. EHH, 136!~! GOOD ENOUGH!~!~! I won the friendly competition I was having with a girlfriend... so now I get to buy some new clothes!~!

Not sure what I want my July Goals to be yet. I need to think about that more. I havent even considered needing them, lol. Ill get back to you all with that one.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    July goal list thus far....

meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.

1) 155lbs by July 31st
    2) 10K walking program faithfully until I'm allowed to run again
    3) Fast food only 2x/week
    4) Wake up at 8am/get 8 hours of sleep everyday and stop wasting time sleeping in

I didn't hit anywhere NEAR my June goals, so these are my new goals for July. I'm really trying this time. I really need to see a pretty number on my scale (for me, that magic number is somewhere between 130 and 140)! I have been so discouraged by the idea of going back into physical therapy and such that I have lost a bit of my will and almost resigned myself to being "thick" for the rest of my life. Please don't let me do that!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Keeping everything organized!

imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies

Well I think the only goal that I managed to keep with was the no-scale challenge!! I anxiously stepped on the scale this morning and think I lost about a pound or so since last WI but I realized that I didn't log the results of my last WI because I wasn't so proud of that moment. But I honestly logged the number that I saw on the scale this morning and will be taking measurements tomorrow morning.

July goals - continue with the no-scale challenge. I really need to mentally get my head where it needs to be as far as embracing this healthy lifestyle rather than focusing on moving the number on the scale. That being said, I will keep my July goals exactly the same since I didn't achieve hardly any of them.

I will be back later to properly resond to everyone
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I posted my results on the end of the June Challenge, so Here goes July!

lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.

These feel like good goals. The last one is easier said then done, I checked the scale even though I know I shouldn't have because we went out to eat last night and I had a few drinks so the extra 2 pounds could be sodium. I have decided to check weight weekly again, so I don't let myself splurge too much. Lets hope we can get this month on track!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30ds...check!
    Wanted to lose 8 pounds to get to onederland but lost 10!....check!
    Start ripped in 30....check!
    And run atleast 50 miles but ran 51.5!....check!

July goals: Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum!, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds! Oh, I also want to be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!

Goodluck everyone!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Let's keep the list going...

lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.
    Ashleypeterson37- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds, be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    so my June goals were
    I want to keep up with c25k and get to week 8 by the end of june, to continue zumba once a week and shred on days i cant run, get back to my clean eating!!! I am going to try to not weigh in every day and stick to once a month or fortnightly as i dont want the scale to rule my life! get the hang of maintainance

ok so ive got to week 7 of couch to 5k, however i have achieved more than i hoped to as i can run for 25-30mins now! woohoo! and i started the 30ds on 12th and decided to go through with it for 30 days. scale challanged worked and ive maintained!
    The scale challange helped me to refocus on food and start to eat properly. i will never be squeaky clean but im more aware of what i eat.