Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - July Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! This weekend was totally off track and I barely worked out and partied a lot. IT WAS AWESOME! I am totally paying for it today but it was nice to go out with friends and just not care for a bit. Training has been so stressful, and one of the girls I train with has just been a downright Biotch, so that is lame.

I am trying to get back on the wagon today, I can't even tell you how much food and beer I had yesterday at our BBQ and Saturday night was fairly similar as far as drinks go, with some yummy tacos. I can tell my body is not happy with my food and drinking choices but sa la vi, I will not feel guilty for one weekend of total fun! I did get in a 2 hour run on saturday and I will be back into full on triathlon training mode starting tomorrow. I am just too tired and hung over for it today. I did make it to work tho! haha that would have been bad.

I am really excited for triathlon training to end since we just joined an awesome new gym! This new gym has 4 rooms for classes, tons of class times that work with my schedule yay! There is also indoor hockey, indoor soccer, indoor volleyball and just tons of stuff. I can't wait for working out to be about what makes me feel good as opposed to training for a race. But I do love the triathlon training, I just know that it is impossible to try to lose weight while I am doing it. I am just so tired or hungry all the time! O well I know I can lose the 10 pounds I gained easily enough and then lose some more for the wedding. I do have a full year to work on it.

Sorry for my selfish post I hope everyone is doing good!!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi all my lovely ladies!

My life has finally settled down for a bit. I'm Interning full-time now back at home in NY, so I have less and less time to spend on here. I pretty much work all day, workout for a bit, shower, eat, watch some tv or something for a bit then pass out. I'm sorry I was gone all month of June. Time just seemed to elapse me. I'm really proud of everyone! And once I finally get through about 100 emails from this weekend maybe I can have time to catch up with everyone.

Great job everyone! Keep it up!
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on here much ladies, but the month of July hasn't started out to well for me. My aunt has had some major paranoia issues and we finally convinced her to seek out help after she pretty much had a nervous breakdown. So working out and eating right hasn't really been top prioroity for me these past couple of days. But now that my aunt is seeking help, I plan to get back in the groove with my workouts and eating right!!! Today I enjoyed the sun and swam around for a bit, tomorrow I'm going to start the shred and running back up. As always ladies way to keep up the great work! and don't forget to go out and enjoy the sunshine =)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Okay y'all, I'm going to try and be an active member of this thread again. To those that don't know me, I'm Jill, 26 and an avid runner. I have a plethora of injuries on my right side after too many years of being a feisty soccer player and runner. Got back into running February 2010 after nearly 2 years of feeling sorry for myself about my injuries, mostly to prove that I could do it. I was never really overweight, but I lost 25 pounds and am in pretty decent shape now. To those who remember me, I'm back...got a new job, moved to Charleston (South Carolina) and survived a rough few months. I also got a running sponsorship, so that's pretty fun/rewarding...it was one of my "maybe someday I can be a sponsored athlete" and I didn't ever think it could happen.

I still want to lose a few pounds (need to be more of a racing weight), but am focusing on the fitness and healthy food aspect for right now. First marathon is November 5th, and one of my big goals is to get back to playing soccer in September. So I want to get back into physical therapy to get myself as strong as I can be for both soccer and running. Been slacking on the strength training, so working on getting that back into my rotation. Basically lots to focus on, so I'm trying to prioritize.

July goals: Start training for my first full marathon; at least 96 ounces of water a day; make initial appointment with a physical therapist; hit 583.33 miles running by month end; at least 2 strength training sessions a week
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Updated list with me added!

Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
    Black_Swan - eat back all exercise calories and keep up with my running plan
    Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
    marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
    mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!
    meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
    imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.
    Ashleypeterson37- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds, be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!
    Mariababe81 (mariam): finish the 30ds and start round 2, zumba once a week and running once a week. once weekly weigh in.allow myself some rest days if i need them! enjoy maintainance!!!
    ~~KanCrav.... NO SCALE until August 1st!~!~!~!~ Workout 5 times a week, enjoy my trips!
    luv_lea~Drink more water-aiming for the general 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water a day, Start 6 Week 6 Pack video and do at least 4 days a week! Continue running 1 mile (or more?) 3 times a week, and lastly, lose 2.5 lbs. for the month of July!
    Elmersglue (Ellie): Train for Sept 5k at least once a week, at least 7 hours of sleep 5x a week (!!), no emotional binging (mainly Sunday nights, when life and things tend to catch up), get to know everyone here^^
    cmg2008- Finish c25k and continue running at least 3 times a week, finish 30DS, accumulate 1200mintues of exercise, and get down into the low 140s.
    tjradd73(Tara)-to lose 4lbs, 30/35 days of 30DS, 10,000 steps/day (Sun-Tue), Tues stretch/yoga, <1400 avg cals,< 4 days over cals total, and try to get <180g carbs, and >60g protein.
    tobemotivated - do the 30ds (first day was today!), lose 5lbs, drink more water, eat less sugar!
    glitterballv-1. To stop overeating with sweets and cake! 2. Run three times a week, try and start bridge to 10k. 3. Try to get to at least one spin class a week.
    Anitanz- Get to 64kg’s. Drink less alcohol. Limit chocolate at work to <100 cals per day.
    ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, No sodas!, sleep 6 hours 5x/wk, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything 6x/wk
    Allislefttogain: Start training for my first full marathon; at least 96 ounces of water a day; make initial appointment with a physical therapist; hit 583.33 miles running by month end; at least 2 strength training sessions a week
  • zerozeta0
    zerozeta0 Posts: 7
    Options
    Sounds fun =).

Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
    Black_Swan - eat back all exercise calories and keep up with my running plan
    Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
    marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
    mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!
    meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
    imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.
    Ashleypeterson37- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds, be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!
    Mariababe81 (mariam): finish the 30ds and start round 2, zumba once a week and running once a week. once weekly weigh in.allow myself some rest days if i need them! enjoy maintainance!!!
    ~~KanCrav.... NO SCALE until August 1st!~!~!~!~ Workout 5 times a week, enjoy my trips!
    luv_lea~Drink more water-aiming for the general 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water a day, Start 6 Week 6 Pack video and do at least 4 days a week! Continue running 1 mile (or more?) 3 times a week, and lastly, lose 2.5 lbs. for the month of July!
    Elmersglue (Ellie): Train for Sept 5k at least once a week, at least 7 hours of sleep 5x a week (!!), no emotional binging (mainly Sunday nights, when life and things tend to catch up), get to know everyone here^^
    cmg2008- Finish c25k and continue running at least 3 times a week, finish 30DS, accumulate 1200mintues of exercise, and get down into the low 140s.
    tjradd73(Tara)-to lose 4lbs, 30/35 days of 30DS, 10,000 steps/day (Sun-Tue), Tues stretch/yoga, <1400 avg cals,< 4 days over cals total, and try to get <180g carbs, and >60g protein.
    tobemotivated - do the 30ds (first day was today!), lose 5lbs, drink more water, eat less sugar!
    glitterballv-1. To stop overeating with sweets and cake! 2. Run three times a week, try and start bridge to 10k. 3. Try to get to at least one spin class a week.
    Anitanz- Get to 64kg’s. Drink less alcohol. Limit chocolate at work to <100 cals per day.
    ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, No sodas!, sleep 6 hours 5x/wk, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything 6x/wk
    Allislefttogain: Start training for my first full marathon; at least 96 ounces of water a day; make initial appointment with a physical therapist; hit 583.33 miles running by month end; at least 2 strength training sessions a week
    zerozeta0: Run 40 miles a week. Drink 8 cups of water a day. Limit candies/chocolates to once a week. Limit coffee to 3 times a week. Get down to 105.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Megan-glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday weekend and are read to kick July in the butt!

Kan-thanks girl!!! I did do L1D7 of the shred today...and am glad that I did!! i will do my stretch tomorrow in the AM before I go to bed, sleep, weigh-in (yikes!), and do day 8!! WOOT!! p.s. no worries about your belly...it is probably all bloat from TOM!:grumble:

Comfort-great July goals!! and fairly nice job for June too!

Swan-nice job on gettin the run in!

Aly-your new gym sounds awesome!! can't wait to hear how you like it...when you get to actually try it out! :smile:

Jill-CONGRATS on you sponsorship!! :drinker: and great goals for July...glad to have ya back on the thread!

zerozeta-welcome to the group :flowerforyou:

AFM-L1D7 of the shred done!!! eating still good, walking going very well (averaging 7 miles/night at work!), and weigh-in is tomorrow!! Nervous as usual, but I won't be too upset if I have an even or a small gain due to the water retention in my muscles from the shred (kinda expecting it!) I'll keep ya posted!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Add me to the list of people not happy with the start of this month :tongue:

My bday was on Sunday, and one of my presents was a dozen cupcakes from the Georgetown Bakery, which can be seen on that show DC Cupcakes on TLC... They're almost gone, and with the exception of a few, I've fallen victim and had most of them myself.. argh.. so between that, and the ton of macaroni salad i just had to buy.. this weekend was pretty much the worst for me in a long time.. my one redeemer was my 4 mile race on July 4th.. This was my first race at that distance and I finished at 42:59.. By the time we started at 9:30 it was already rather warm, so I was only able to run for the first 2 miles, then had to alternate with walking for the rest, and managed to run to finish out the last 1/2 mile.. The heat and I are total enemies.. Also, I saw my HR was easily at 200 so I figured I should get it back down as well. The nice thing about the race was that a lot of it was through the neighborhood and there were clusters of people out watching us go by.. They put their sprinklers on and held up hoses which felt super refreshing to run through. I was drenched by the end.. This week I'm going to start the bridge to 10k program as I don't feel like I'm progressing much with my distance..

I've still been in a bit of a funk lately, just about life in general, and have found it hard to find joy in things.. Maybe part of it is my slacking with exercising, getting one year older and feeling like I'm still in the same place as I was 5 years ago or something... I know a big factor lately is my job, as I have a couple people on my shift (which makes a huge difference when there's only 7 of you), who have been causing everyone grief, and I'm growing sick of the night hours and how it's come to affect how I live, or rather don't get to live my life like everyone else. Unfortunately there's not a lot out there, and this position is stable and will give me $$ for school, so I guess I'll be sticking it out for a while longer, then I'm outta here like no tomorrow!

Welcome to all the newbies! This group is so so so amazing, and has def been a great help to me since I joined way back when.. You know what they say, things can only go up from here, so yeah the start of July may not have been the greatest for a lot of us, but now we have the rest of the month to rise above it! :heart:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    swan: well done for getting your run in! you are doing great with that!

cmg: sorry to hear about your aunt, hope things work out. and good luck with the shred and running. thats kind of what im hoping to do as wel, also got zumba so pretty much sorted.

Aly: new gym sounds amazing! esp with all the activities! gyms bore me as its gets soo routine and i like to change things up and mostly i join gym for their group sessions!

comfortfood: good luck for your new juky goals!

allie: well done on your run! people cheering on sounds fun as well! very encouraring! good luck with the bridge to 10k! im sure you will do fab with that! hope u start feeling a bit more positive too. as for the cupcakes- id have eaten them all too! lol. like your new workout gear in your profile, u look fab!

welcome to zerozeta and jill.

leela: work sounds busy, hope things settle down for you soon

AFM: took a rest day on monday as went out for the day with my daughter and hubby and we walked for about 5hrs! i only logged 2 hrs as my activity level already accounts for the rest!. felt better for it and also got an early night which is unheard of! Had zumba yesterday which was also fun and today i will go for level 2 day 6, and maybe a 20 min run as well depending on how the day pans out! eating wise doing ok, getting more fruit in everyday and trying to eat as healthy as i can.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Allie-First of all...Happy Belated Birthday!!! And sorry to hear that you are in a funk still :( I know how you feel about working nights...however it is a little better for me in Vegas since it is a 24 hour town, and there are 100 peeps in my dept (50 of them being on the same shift as me) to chill with on off hours/days! Now for my advice...throw the rest of those cupcakes away, get in a great workout, and then take a YOU day and get out of that funk, so you can finish out July strong, like we all know that you can!

Mariam-CONGRATS on being awesome as usual!! :D

AFM-still at work...plan of action for the day: get home, do my 10min stretch, sleep, wake up, hope for the best, weigh-in, do Day 8 of the shred, eat some yum-delish breakfast, and then take a R & R day!!! LOL Have a great one everyone!
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Welcome to the new ladies

Tara- Good work with the shred. Can you tell me more about this water retention in your muscles from the shred? Sometimes the day after a big run I notice that I'm a bit heavier but have never heard anyone else talk about it...

Allie- Awesome new pic! You look amazing and I see that you have now lost 50 lb's, great work!That must have been hard being given cupcakes for your birthday, I know that I can't resist things like that when they are in the house. It's my birthday this weekend and I know that I'm going to face lots of temptations too, has to be done once a year though!

Maria- Sounds like you are doing great, keep it up:wink:

AFM- Just got back from the gym, was a super hard workout including 80 burpees with the push up the mans way! Actually had to lie in the fetal position afterwards lol, but I needed a hard workout because I have been struggling with my diet a bit lately, esp chocolate in the afternoon, man that stuff is my heroin. Grr. Will go running with my friend tomorrow, we have been talking about entering a half marathon in September, I know it's ages away but think it would be nice to have a new goal, it's a really hilly race and the course goes through the suburb we live in so I'm hoping I get a bit of a home advantage haha.

Has anyone got any good ideas for porridge/ oatmeal toppings? I usually do chopped nuts and honey, but SOMEONE in my house ate all the nuts and I'm not going to the supermarket 'till the weekend. Someone mentioned peanut butter, what do you put with it? PB on it's own sounds a bit weird doesn't it?

xx Anita
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Anita-I put some links up on the water retention in the muscles that you may wanna check out!! The general idea is that, your muscles retain water after a new or hard workout, because they need the hydration to rebuild themselves and recover! Henceforth..water retention, and a slight weight gain!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/418620-do-muscles-hold-water-after-a-hard-workout/
    http://www.personalpowertraining.net/Articles/what_causes_muscle_soreness.htm
    http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

as for the oatmeal...i would say cinnamon, peaches, or splenda brown sugar!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    anitanz: I love mine with peanut butter on its own or you can add a little honey to it. I like to sugar splerge sometimes and add a little bit of blackberry jam. Cinnamon and a sweetener package is a go to also.

Tjradd and Maria: thanks for the welcome back!

Think I am going to follow in the footsteps of you ladies and add my goals to my signature!
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    holy MOLEY i haven't been on this thread in SOOOOO long :cry: and sadly that probably won't change much in the next several months :sad:

i am working on my dissertation FULL FORCE and also just started teaching abnormal psychology at the college level yesterday!! eeek!!!! :bigsmile: so needless to say time is TIGHT!

that being said - im still kicking *kitten* of course (would you expect anything less!) im trying some new things this summer - namely YOGA, RUNNING and eating CLEAN as much as possible. so far, i am loving all three!!! :love: (and of course i'll still be rocking the turbo too :heart: )

i hope you are all doing well! the summer months can be tough with all the bbqs and outside drinking and socializing! i was out thursday night, friday night, a bbq saturday, sunday, and two on monday! but i worked out thurs & fri, went for a run on sat, took sun off, and went for a run on mon - so all in all im pretty proud of how i handled this past holiday weekend!

now it's back to the grind! gotta focus hard now that i am teaching and have SO little time! (and of course i am pms-ing this week too :grumble: ) but im trying to ignore it and stay as happy as a clam so my students will love me :flowerforyou:

even though i haven't been on here much i want you all to know i think about you on the reg and hope you're accomplishing all you hope to!!! i will be on as much as i can over the next month, but just know in the back of your little minds that im thinking of you and kicking *kitten* even when you can't see me :wink:

:heart: much love to my fav MFPers!!! :heart:
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    What a weekend. It was my birthday on Monday...so this who weekend I have had too much to eat and not enough sleep. Ay ay ay.

I'm trying not to succumb to the comfort foods, but I am failing miserably. Watching my friend die has been anything but easy...and unfortunately, food is the only thing stable right now. She has maybe until the end of the week. It's just not fair.

Not to mention today I start physical therapy (for the 2nd time) for my back.

I really just want to crawly back into my bed and sleep this week away. :cry:

I need all the encouragement I can get...it's going to be a rough couple of weeks.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Kandace- I bet you are super excited for your cruise! I am going on a cruise in September so hopefully you will have some good tips to share about how to manage the whole nonstop never closed food buffett. Although I hear while the food isn’t horrible it isn’t great either and hopefully that will stop. I am sure your stomach is not flabby like you see it, based on your profile pics it definitely isn’t so work on being positive towards yourself! Keep up the great work!

Black_swan- I am not sure what your name is but glad to hear your groove is back! I haven’t gone for a run in about a week so I am a little nervous about my planned run this afternoon. Hopefully it will feel amazing and I will be right back at it!

Aly- Sounds like your attitude of positivity and rolling with the punches is back! I LOVE IT! I also made some not marvelous choices this weekend, but I had a great time and I don’t regret it. I hope that your training partner gets her shiz together! Your new gym sounds amazing and you sound like you are excited for the prospect of it which is even better!! Keep up the amazing work!

Leela- Glad to see you here and remember that we will support you no matter what so check in whenever you need a little extra boost!
    Cmg- sorry to hear about your aunt. My grandma went through some similar stuff a few years ago and it definitely is up to them to want to get the help. Just try and remember that just like losing weight, getting help from a doctor has to be their choice. If they don’t want to get better it’s just going to make your life absolutely miserable!

Jill- YOU’RE BACK!! Welcome back GF! I actually used to live in Clemson SC, about 4 hours northwest of Charleston and during the summer we would head down to Charleston to camp on the beach. I hope you really like living there! That is absolutely amazing that you are a sponsored athelete! You should be soooo proud of yourself because it takes a lot to get to that level! So glad to have you back!

Tara- you are totally kicking it this month! I am very impressed that you are sticking with the shred and really powering through. As always you are super inspiring!

Allie- I have been fitting that same yucky feeling lately, and that is why I made one of my July goals to get back to being my usual optimistic self. I have decided to look at everything from the bright side. Like you said things can only go up which means things can only get better which means things are going to be totally awesome!!! I hope you find your way out of your funk- oh and your race time is totally amazing!!

Maria-Sounds like you are being super active lately which is awesome! I need to start doing more outdoor activities especially now that summer is here and it is amazing to be outside! Keep up the great work!

Anita- I put cinnamon and ¼ cup of greek yogurt on my oats and it is AMAZING! It adds just a touch of sweetness which makes it so tasty. For me September for a half marathon would be so soon! But I think that is an amazing goal and you should definitely go for it! I would love to do a half marathon some day, but I think I need to work my way into consistently running 5ks and then do some 10ks before I get to crazy! I feel ya on the diet thing. I think that has been my biggest problem lately- I need to stop working out to eat and start to eat to fuel myself in the proper way!

AFM- I have big plans today- the hubby and I went shopping for groceries last night and I feel ready to take on the remainder of the week with great choices. We are going on a cruise mid-september and the hubby and I both want to lose some more lbs by then so our goal is to not eat out between now and then. I know for me my diet is 90% of the issue. So by cutting out going out to eat and by making the best choices at home I really believe these pounds will melt off. I know my workouts are killer since I wear my HRM everytime, and now its just me getting my eating in check. Also hubby and I are going to head to the pool which has a nice 2 mile loop around it, run 2 miles and then go for a nice swim. I might see if he wants to do shred before as well since we didn’t do it yesterday. I need to get my 3 days in this week! Alright ladies keep up the amazing work!

XOXO Megan
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Leela- We hope to see you back on the board when you have a chance! For now just keep rocking.

Tara- You are going to kill the shred this month! Good luck with it!

Allie- I totally know where you are coming from on the really bad food choices and just feeling like your in a funk. It is hard but slowly getting better and better each day will hopefully help. Just try to not get down on yourself or stress too much about it because that just makes things worse. I am desperately trying to follow my own advice here! AHH haha Happy Birthday by the way!!!

Anita- I love putting fresh fruit in my oatmeal, I have also heard about savory oatmeal with eggs and veggies, I haven’t tried it yet but it does sound intriguing. When I am low on stuff I do peanut butter, or almond butter. I am not sure if this helps but maybe hehe. Also good job on the awesome workout! I can’t wait until I can get a gnarly workout in!

Megan- you are going to do great with your plans for not eating out. That is huge!! I need to do that too soon hehe. Maybe mix up your workouts the next few weeks then you can really see a lot of change! A cruise sounds awesome yay!

AFM- We came home from work yesterday and both the boy and I were exhausted and just needing rest. We had small burgers for dinner with lots of veggies so it was fairly healthy. I also made sure to not snack too much except I did have a fairly large glass of almond milk but its better than ordering chinese food in and that is what we were talking about. I am so ready to get back on track and really make the most of everything. I only have 3 weeks until the race and then I have freedom to really do whatever I want for my workouts and make it fun and interesting. I really need this and I am excited. My birthday is the end of August. I think after the race I am going to try to not drink and be as healthy as possible until my birthday. So that would be about 23 days of healthiness so I am hoping I can get some of this weight off I have put back on. My acupuncturist wants to put me on a cleanse to get the toxins out so we will see how that goes after the race too. I have an easy run tonight then a swim tomorrow. I have to get excited about this stuff, or at least just grin and bare it because its not too much longer!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Guys!

Today started off horribly :( I caved at breakfast and got some total fatty food... and now I've just had lunch but I'm alsready over on ALL my daily goals :( I'm going to have to exercise extra to make up for it :(

I also didn't do the shred yesterday, but at the same time I went for a jog and did some yoga as well, so I'm ok with that... I actually managed to do my personal best, with 6 mins of continuous running and 22 mins of total run time :D I've started wearing my own wrist watch to keep track of time, instead of having my bf watch the timings, cuz he's not as accurate as I want to be... but back on the shred today! and I will definitely do my yoga meltdown dvd as well....

Anyway, I'm just finishing lunch at work right now, so I'm going to go but I will check out what's going on with everyone else later on today :)

Hope everyone else is having/has a better day than me!!!
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Tara- thanks for those links, they were sooo interesting. Funny because I have thought that for years, because the day after a half marathon or whatever I have weighed a couple of kg’s more. But also silly because the reason I was so discouraged last weekend was because my weight was up on Friday morning, but I was also so sore from Wednesday and Thursday’s workouts that I could hardly get in and out of the car! So now I’m going to stick to my Saturday morning weigh in’s and bear the workout water retention thing in mind.

Thanks for the porridge topping tips too x

I’marunner- Sorry to hear about your friend.

Megan- Cool that your hubby is on board with the healthy eating thing, I’m sure it will make it easier for you if you have his support. So exciting that you guys are going on a cruise!

Aly- Sounds like your training is going well, how about the wedding planning?
    Tobemotivated- Sorry, don’t know your name! Hope you get back on the healthy eating wagon soon, we all have bad days, the key is to not let the bad day turn into a bad week. Good luck.

AFM- Not much to report after last night, just checking in! Looking forward to trying some of your porridge suggestions tomorrow, and really happy because I have Friday off!! Yeeehaa! I have an appointment in the morning then I am going to meet my parents for a nice pre-birthday lunch, will spend the afternoon ferrying friends from the airport then out for dinner with friends. Will have to try not to eat too much because I don’t want to look bloated in my party dress on Saturday night, it’s kinda tight! And I am sooo looking forward to my party!!!

WAAhoo!
    Take care ladies
    X Anita
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick check in. I had started to respond to everyone individually but then got a last-minute invitation to go to the New Kids on the Block concert in a suite tonight so I had to pick up my game at work so that I could get out early. I will do my very best to properly respond to everyone tomorrow.