Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - July Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Maria- Your week off sounds so relaxing and amazing! I am super jealous, but I am counting the days until my week long cruise in September!! We have 64 days until cast off!! Yippee!

Emily- Loved your post :heart: I have read/heard similar versions of that story but its something that I think everyone needs to be reminded of. Its so easy to forget that the most important things in life fill you up and that everything else is just gravy :happy:

Amber- Welcome to the Group!! I LOVE everything about these women. Their courage, their support, their struggles, their honesty... it makes me feel like I am apart of something and really the only place that I feel comfortable openly discussing the obstacles I face in my journey to a better me, heck a lot of my very good friends don't even now I've been dropping the lbs.

Aly- :heart: :heart: :heart: hang in there girlfriend! My suggestion is to start writing in a journal or something where you can attempt to actually figuring out what is making you that way. I think the reason I have been so successful this time around in actually making forward progress is that I stopped making excuses because I sat down and really figured out what got me here in the first place. Maybe try that and then you will have something to focus on within that will help you stop hurting/punishing yourself on the outside

CMG- I have complete faith that you will be back running where you left off in no time! Keep up the amazing work!

AFM- well ladies today was the day! METRO DASH!!!!! I encourage you to check out metrodash.com to see the obstacles I had to tackle today. 30 obstacles in a distance that is about 1/2 a mile and I completed it in 23:07. I ran with my boss, my coworker and my hubby. My boss finished in 13:07, my coworker in 18:33 and my hubby in 23:23. I am so proud of myself for finishing. There are a lot of obstacles that require upper body strength and that is where I really struggled. I now have the proof that I really need to start hitting the strength training workouts so that I can get stronger. The very first obstacle was a 15 foot rope ladder climb, then I had to pull and push a sled with 25lbs on it, then flip a tractor tire up and back for a total distance of about 30 yards. That was just 3/30. BRUTAL! I already have brusies showing up, but I finished and I am so proud of myself! Then the hubby and I came home and downed some serious water, then headed to the pool. It felt good to get a little suntan action and just be in the nice water working out muscle cramps. So completing Metro Dash was my first victory of the weekend, my second was shopping yesterday :). I have been desperately needing clothes for work for a while now. But I have been avoiding buying anything because I'm cheap. But as 99% of my bottoms can now be taken on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them, I figured it was time.

I went to Old Navy because they are generally cheap and they were having a sale. Well I picked up all the cute things I liked in the size I figured I might be. And what do you know, going in the dressing room, every single item I put on fit! For once I didn't buy something because I didn't want to not because I couldn't button them! It felt so good! Obviously I am not at the size I want to be at just yet, I am still a work in progress, but this is the first time in I don't even know how long that I handed something back to the dressing room attendent because your white pants are see through, or these khakis don't have the pant leg style I like not well *kitten* these are too tight (hang head in shame). My body is changing and I love the way its working out!!

Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow because I want to go for a run, do the shred, and then get in some killer yard work. YEAH weekend! I hope your weekends are filled with NSVs as well!

I am so happy y'all are here to share it with :bigsmile: :heart:

XOXOXO
    Megan
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Swan-you are becoming an avid runner...that rocks!

Meag-I am happy that your self-image is turning around again!! you deserve it!

glitter-I am not a runner per se'...but I would just say to try to beat your own time for the 10K (even the one's that aren't a "race") and then work on beating your own time there on out! A lot of people tend to shoot for under a 10 min mile pace though, it seems!

Jill-I am sure that you will beat your PR by leaps and bounds this fall!!

Megan-congrats on the 1.5lbs down again!! and i am proud of you for finishing that obstacle course....that is awesome, and I knew that you could do it! and 3rd congrats on the weekend....your shopping trip!! woot! :drinker:

cmg-great job getting back on track!

Aly-get past this tri-training....then get your head back in the game!!! you know what you are doing wrong...and that is good, now it is time to fix it! I give you a ton of creidt for doing the tri's, as not many people can say that they have done them, but after this one, you may wanna start focusing on you and your health again...in the long term this is what really matters! Otherwsie...just hand in there...almost ready to chillax and kill this thing again!:happy:

Mandy-way to look on the positive side...it is totally understandable to put the weightloss on hold for a bit, until things smooth out over there...and we will still be here when you are ready to get into full force!! keep your head up girly! :flowerforyou:

Bethany-have fun with your mom and seeya after you go grocery shopping!

Allie-congrats on your acceptance into grad school...be ready for this new chapter of your life! :drinker:

Amber-welcome to the group (you'll love it) and great goals for July!

anne-welcome!!! copy and paste the most recent list and add yourself on there!! glad to have you :)

Emily-LOVE that story...thanks! :smile:

Mariam-glad that you had a good week off...and you are killin it as usual...so wtg!

AFM-well my computer is up and running again! WOOT! I have maintained my eating and working out schedule, and I finished L2D11 of the shred today!! Not 1 single rest day yet!! I am hoping that I have a loss on my WI this Wed...but still won't be disappointed if it is even....I know that my muscles are super tight from starting level 2 today...so we shall see!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovelies!!

Allie – congrats on receiving the letter of acceptance from grad school. I think I will start looking for schools to get my Master’s degree soon. But I just graduated in June so I am also enjoying the little break. I think I will wait til long after my mom has moved, the kids and I are settled, and I am deeply invested into my new lifestyle. And things will happen for you in the boy dept. I am not too happy with mine right now and think of myself single majority of the time. Trying to not let it get me down. Hoping that it will fuel me in a more positive direction. And in regards to the whole NKOTB/BSB thing, I don’t think you would have been disappointed. They all were in shape and looked great. Did all of their signature songs and dances. It was great!!! Oh and I want to see pics of you in your dress from the wedding!!

Amber – welcome girly!! And I think that we are all our own worst enemies and our biggest critics. Even once our hardwork starts to pay off, we never see it because we look at ourselves in the mirror daily so that’s when we look toward others for that reassurance that our hard work is really paying off. Stick around and you will meet a great group of women that will inspire, encourage, or just be here to listen when you are having a rough day, week, or even month. We can do this girly!!!

Annemade – welcome!!

Emily – I love that story and no matter how many times it ends up in my email inbox, it is always a great reminder. And it usually ends up being sent at the time I need it most. Today was no different!! Thank you so much!!

Miriam – glad to hear that your time off was well spent. And you ended up where you wanted to be so that sounds like a major win in my book!!

Megan – you have turned into a machine!! I love it!! You have now inspired me to look into something like that. I checked out Metro Dash and the closest one to me is still a few states away. Although I may have Tara meet me out here next year for the one at Camp Pendleton!! And great job with the shopping! I went shopping a few weeks ago and had a revelation that I needed to step up my game and buckle down. I have done it before and my excuses are the only thing holding me back. You have done so amazing girly!! Keep up the great work!!

Tara – sounds like you are doing great with your 30DS challenge!! So inspiring to watch you each and every week and your persistence!! I need to catch some of that! Great job girly!!

AFM…did fairly good with my eating this morning and at lunchtime. And then got to mom’s house to help her pack for her move and she decides that we are ordering pizza. I understand that she really doesn’t have time to stop and think about a healthier dinner….not that she really would anyways. But that is one thing that I am looking forward to after she goes…I can get on my own food schedule and not be influenced by the crap that they continually bring into the house. Although I was able to do great months before but not so sure what went wrong. However, I will also be going out with some friends for some much needed friends time and adult beverages. But this will also more than likely be the last time I partake in adult beverages for a long while. Things are definitely going to change after my mom moves. I just need to make sure that I don’t turn to emotional eating but rather use that energy to fuel my healthy lifestyle!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Megan - NSVs are the best! Especially when they involve shopping :bigsmile: haha! I love it! Sounds like you are absolutely rocking things, per usual. Your posts are always so positive and encouraging. You are a shining light in this group girl and I am so happy you found us. Metrodash sounds ahhhhhhmazing. Will have to check it out! You look fab and your time was great. Good on you for trying something totally new and out of your comfort zone and then killing it. You should feel so proud - you're amazing!

T - Thanks lady - I totally DO deserve it! And so does everyone here for having made such positive changes in their lives. Really hoping some of my "feel good" attitude will rub off here on anyone that needs it.

Amber - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: This place is truly a "saving grace" for me some days. Like some other women have mentioned, it is a place where I feel I can be 100% candid and vent all of my issues without embarrassment or fear and I always get support/encouragement/advice and sometimes just a kick in the *kitten* if needed. It's been a overwhelming positive force in my life since we started the threads back in Oct and I am thrilled to have all these women still kickin' it with us. So welcome to you!

Anne - Welcome to you too! Same as above - You're going to love it! Post your goals to our list if you please and keep things moving :bigsmile:

Beth - Totally reasonable! Waiting until your mom leaves sounds like a great idea. Looks like you're doing reasonably well despite all the stress in your life. You always manage to keep things together - Your strength and commitment is really admirable. Just keep chipping away at it. Any luck on the camping trip thus far?

maria - welcome back! and great to hear you had such a wonderful week off. great weight loss to boot, as well. you are rocking it!

AFM - quick update. I had a STELLAR run this morning. woke up at 6:15 despite a late night with out of town visitors (erghhh sleep still evades me :yawn: - no alarm required) and got my run on. 3.18miles in 30 mins plus warm up and cool down. This afternoon Ty and I got in a 50 mins bike ride too, which was pretty nice albeit quite hot. Tomorrow is LSD run day and I've got 6 miles on the agenda. Should be fine but today's hard run and cycle could leave me feeling a little tight. Just need to try to get a good night's sleep for once....:ohwell: I'll make due! All the training is really paying dividends with my self-confidence and self-esteem. Can't get enough of it! Just have to be careful not to over train and end up with another injury :wink:

Food's been alright... Kind of frustrating, like usual. Tyler offered to go to the market for us today and then he left my apples there (forgot them after buying them) and so now I have to rely on crummy import apples all week... Which is a lame thing to complain about but apples are basically the best part of my day, and these market apples we buy are honestly the best apples I've ever eaten, so it's a total bummer. Big let down. Coupled with feeling some financial frustration, over-worked at my job, and generally exhausted, I am struggling a bit with just being irritable and sort of quiet lately. Today was a little difficult. and I tried not to let it get in the way of enjoying my day, but it's not always easy. Hoping tomorrow's run will help to get me back on track emotionally :huh:

Anyway! Enough of that nonsense. I'm just enjoying a craft brew on the back patio with my boy right now (he's on his laptop too and we're just ignoring one another lol) and trying to catch up on life. Wish there were so many more hours in the day. Hope you folks are enjoying your weekends! :heart:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Bethany-thanks lady!!! sounds like thigs will be a lot easier...and a lil harder when your mom is gone!! One good thing is that your lifestyle will be completely up to you...one bad thing is a lack of family support on other aspects of your life...you are strong and just need to take one day at a time...and you will get through ANYTHING!

Meag-whew!! you're day makes me tired!!! I know that you are a multi-tasker like myself...but even I couldn't keep up with your schedule!! now....enjoy that brew and get some sleep!

good news....it's raining!! probably won't last long, but any rain is very much needed and wanted here right now!! so WOOT for that!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    megan: well done on your metro dash. wow, it looks amazing and hard work! so its fab that you got through it in such good time! shopping trip sounds good- dont know old navy, but then im on the other side of the atlantic! I love it when you pick up clothes and they fit, make its all worthwhile and is such a nice ego boost! i love shopping now whereas before i couldnt bear to look at all the multiple images the mirrors projected! lol!

tara: you are a superstart as usual, well done on no breaks at all! and i think you will have def lost some inches and sounds like you are getting stronger too :). level 2 is my favourite- find that it really kicks my butt! lol! level 3 tomorrow- i tried it way back in march and wasnt impressed but im a lot more stronger now so we'll see. as for pictures- i took some but im not sure if there will be much difference! saying that, my size 6 trousers are loose around the waist!

bethany: sounds like your mum moving might do you good and gain some control back. It might be tough when she goes but i think you will be fine :) as for going out with friends- enjoy it! every once in a while wont hurt. it will do you good, i cant remember the last time i let my hair down with the girls and had a good gossip! however, they are all in a different phase of their lives- most still single! im the only one who is married and with a child- so technically 'old' in their books! lol!

Meag: woman you are on fire! im tired just reading about what you have been upto! in terms of getting a good nights sleep- can you have long soak in the bath before bed with a book or some music to help you chill out a bit? that way you could get a good nights sleep?

AFM: managed to get some exercise in. Also had a fab day at the carnival- not a proper carnival with half naked ladies etc! lol, just a nice chilled out village get together. Rained on and off as well which isnt uncommon after all, its england! lol.but did loads of walking with the stroller as we were out most of the day including madams hour long nap! Mangaged to get some info about a baby ballet class which im planning on taking my little monster next saturday. its at 9am! why oh why, are they so early! although tbh im at 6am most days- unless hubby gives me a lie in! like today- she decides to wake up at 4.30am ! so ive been up since then! i miss an uninterruped nights sleep! lol.

anyways, enough rambling about my little hum drum life! hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    oh very quiet today! managed my last day on level 2. so onto level 3 tomorrow. I met two friends today that i havent seen since jan and one of them was very very pleased to see my progress! and she's keen to come running with me and wants to start the shred! she's the teeny tiny friend who i wanted to resemble! now we are the same size and she wants me to help HER tone! yikes! so big nsv for me! as for my other friend, she very grudingly complimented me on my wt loss and half heartedly wanted to know how i did it! i used to be the biggest one in our little group (we met in pre-natal classes)! hehe, playground mummy wars! lol!

anyways, im back to work tomorrow and so wont be so active. will try and catch up when i can, have a good week ladies!!!! im prob going to be way over today as im cracking open the wino and choc as ive been up since the crack of down!

love you all! :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I know...where is everyone today?!

Mariam-I think that you may surprise yourself with your before and afters....I am hoping that I do with mine!!! I am also in a size 6...but they are getting loose on me too...go us!!! I hope we BOTH are pleased with our final results after doin the shred!! CONGRATS on your huge NSV...that is super awesome about your inspiration looking for advice from you!!!

AFM-I have my menus planned and logged for the next 3 days (cept WHICH soup I want with dinner) and I am trying to keep it a lil lower so I can maybe see a loss on Wed (1000-1200 cal). I did L2D12 of the shred today...and will be switchin some of my moves from 3lb to 5lb weights tomorrow again! 1/3 of the month down...2/3 to go!! let's kill it for the summer ladies!
  • emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so I weighed in today -- for the first time in 2 weeks. Skipped my weigh in last week because I knew I would just be disappointed from the Holiday weekend/family picnics. Good news - dropped another 1.2 lbs! WooHoo!! I am officially as skinny as I was 6 years ago when I started my freshman year of High School!

I love summer weekends. Yesterday I spent the entire day at a family picnic, talking & laughing & telling stories with my brother & sister - and playing with 2 of my nephews. There's nothing I love more than spending time with family & positive people - I don't think I stopped smiling the entire day! My big brother is also using this site - he's dropped 37 lbs since March! We spent a good 45 minutes talking health & fitness - it was great! Today I spent the day relaxing poolside & soaking up the sun (92 degrees today here in PA!)...great way to spend the end of my weekend!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend! I'm off to the kitchen to prep my lunch for work tomorrow! :-)
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Woah, I hadn’t been online all weekend and now I’m here and there are 2 more pages on the thread, I reckon you guys have been busy!

The carrot cake porridge sounds awesome; I’m going to try it this weekend.

Amber- Welcome to the group, sounds like you have a great attitude so good luck with your July goals x

Aly- I know exactly what you mean about weight loss being hard when you are training so hard. When I ran my two marathons I was 7kg’s (that’s 15lb’s!) more than I am now, I just couldn’t understand why I wasn’t loosing weight when I was running all the time. Now, with hindsight I can see that I was so hungry (like ravenous) all the time that I was making bad food choices, and I was also operating a bit of a rewards system with myself, like ‘I can eat this biscuit/ drink this wine because I ran 20k this morning’. But the calories that I was taking in were obviously more than I was burning. For my first marathon I was also drinking too many sugary sports drinks, but for my second I moved onto a product called Elite, which has the electrolytes without the sugar, a few drops of Elite in water with half a banana was great running fuel but of course I was still eating too much off the track. Anyway, I think you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it, once the race is over you can go back to a normal exercise routine and hopefully you will find it easier to control your calorie intake. Good luck babe x

Maria- Great that you made the other Mums jealous :drinker:

Tara- you are so organized as always!! Go you!

Emily- Congrats on your good weigh in, keep it up!

AFM- Had my birthday party on Saturday night and it was awesome, it was so much fun to have lots of my favorite people in one place. I felt great in my dress and lots of people said I was looking different so it was a really good buzz for me. Funny thing- lots of people said that my dress was really slimming, I was like, ‘hello, I’ve lost 7kg’s’, but just kept quiet about it haha. I really need to figure out how to post pics on here because I have a good comparison between my birthday LY and TY.
    So, feeling a bit bloated and tired today and just focusing on getting through the day and eating healthy, so far so good!

Take care girls
    Xx
    Anita
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Eeep read through all the posts but I absolutely NEED to get to sleep, so no time to reply. I am getting up bright and early tomorrow (again!) to get my workout in before work... It's really challenging to fit in my training every day with work and other commitments and it seems that super early wake-ups are basically my only option right now...

As for today - I got up at 5:55am after a late night of patio-sitting with Tyler and booking another camping trip (WOOOOOT!!!!) for Labour Day Weekend and had breakfast before a hot and steamy 6.66mile run. Did 6.24miles in 60mins flat - new record for me and it felt awesome! :bigsmile: Was freaking DRENCHED when I got home because of the heat, but yea, I rocked it. And will continue to do so as my training progresses. I am so pumped to see these results. I just know things are going to get better and better. My only concern is the inevitable crash - I absolutely need to be better about sleeping, drinking lots of water, and getting my rest days in. No jerking around. Also have to be diligent about stretching and icing. I can do this :bigsmile:

Anyway folks I should hit the "hay" - Will try to comment on your posts later. Wish I could now but to be honest, i'm completely out of it! :noway: Sleeeeeeeep....:yawn:

Have a great Monday everyone - Much love:heart:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Emily-congrats on your loss!! and I am glad to hear that you had fun at your family picinic:smile:

Anita-Glad to hear that you had a good b-day!! don't stress if no one asked if you lost weight...I find (in most cases) that people don't REALLY notice OR want to say something until about 30lbs (14kg) lost!! i think it is a comfort thing (for them)personally!! Did you figure out how to post pics yet? start by downloading some onto photobucket.com, then open a thread where you wanna post em, then copy and paste the IMG link to the forum, then make sure the 2 "IMG" are "img"...so both changed to lower case! hope that helps!

Meag-awesome new pace for you I see!! you are gonna smash your PR at your next race!! Please, please, please, listen to your own advice and work on the sleeping, water intake, rest, and icing...you need all of these things!! other than that...sweet dreams and keep on rockin the running girl!

AFM-already posted...but I forgot 1 of my string cheeses at home!!! Good news, I am 50 cals less for the day...bad news, I really wanted BOTH of my string cheeses!! :grumble: LOL it's all good though! WI day on Wed is coming up rather quickly again!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    So, I had my photo shoot last night with 2 of my favorite friends and I have to say that despite not losing all the weight I had planned to lose...IT WAS AMAZING! If any of you need a self-image reconstruction in your head, I totally recommend a boudoir shoot....but do it with friends! There is something about lounging around in your lingerie, eating strawberries, drinking wine, and having someone take fabulous pictures of you that completely rearranges the way you see yourself in the mirror. I cannot wait to get the proofs back!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Meag – despite your frustrations, it sounds like you have made a full recovery to getting back to you!! And I am so glad to hear that!! I think things will slowly start to iron themselves out so that you can get into your own routine but until then, just enjoy the journey!! Have yet to even look into camping trips. Waiting for all of the chaos to subside and the dust to settle before I start making plans. But hopefully very soon!!

Miriam – the carnival sounds like fun!! Our county fair begins this weekend and I love walking around with the kiddos and looking at all of the exhibits. The downfall is all of the fair food that accompanies it. Because of our location, they try to incorporate some healthy choices but they also try to outdo themselves every year as to what food they can fry up this year. Even with all of the walking, I don’t think it makes up for the fried food. So I am hoping to only make it there a few times this year. My mom has worked there the past 15 years so we would normally go a lot but since she won’t be this year, I am pretty sure we won’t be frequenting like previous years. And that ballet class sounds like so much fun. My daughter is very artistic but also very uncoordinated so I am still trying to find something that she would enjoy! And sounds like your meeting with your friends was great reassurance that your hard work has paid off! Great job girly!!

Tara – great job with the Shred girly!! You are killing it!! (not that I had any doubt anyways) I look forward to planning my meals out and being able to log them in advance.

Emily – great job on the loss girly!! I have given up the scale for the month of July!! Although I did peek over the weekend but my focus needs to be on getting back into my routine before I focus on the # on the scale. And your weekend sounds like so much fun!! I love being able to laugh and spend quality time with the people you care about most.

Anita – happy birthday!! And sounds like your party was a perfect way to debut your new look!! Can’t wait to see the pics and your progress!!

Mandy – that sounds amazing!! Perhaps that will be my “gift” to myself once I get to my goal weight!!

AFM…spent most of the weekend at my mom’s house packing since she will be leaving tomorrow. There is still so much to get done so I am only working half day today and will head over there to finish up. Tonight is her going away party and she has planned a Mexican food buffet. I know the choices won’t be great so I am just hoping to not overindulge. My Saturday night out consisted of “beverages” and late night fast food but I was on my feet most of yesterday packing the house so hopefully I worked at least some of it off. This is my last and final week of being the “old” me before I begin my transformation once again. I refuse to turn to emotional eating and hope that I can just run until I don’t feel it anymore…jk. I think that all of these changes are for the better and I hope that I am able to stick with it. Things with the bf are kinda on the rocks right now. He cancelled on my Saturday night and I haven’t heard from him since. I am hoping to just get the chance to talk to him to see where we stand sometime soon. He has no idea that my parents are leaving tomorrow cause I never got the chance to actually talk to him since I found out and didn’t think that was something to be shared via text. I am trying to keep my head up, place the whole situation in God’s hands, and let things go according to His plan.

I hope everyone’s week gets off to a great start!! Make it a great day Lovelies!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Maria- how exciting for the person you used as motivation to now be asking you for advice! You should be so proud of yourself because of everything you have accomplished! WOOHOO!

Tara- nicely done on the food planning and early logging. I always plan out my food for the week, but I don’t do the early logging. I eat for lunch leftovers from dinner the night before so first thing in the morning I copy my breakfast and dinner from the night before and input my snacks and exercise. So typically by 9 am I already know how many cals I have left for dinner that night. It’s a pretty good strategy for me! Keep up the awesome work with the shred!

Emily- 1.2 lbs is awesome! WAY TO GO! That’s amazing about your bro! I found when a bunch of my girlfriends came to visit those who had also been exercising and watching their weight we ended up talking a lot about fitness. It’s a nice change of pace!

Anita- I bet you looked AMAZING in your dress! You should be really proud of yourself. My bday is in just over 4 weeks and I am will be the closest in weight to what I weighed when I turned 18! Crazy!

Meag- I get up early for my workouts too but I find that they help me feel energized and ready to go for the rest of the day. I do however get my butt to bed really early. I just can’t handle not getting sleep and my body shuts down on me really quickly so I could never do what you! Find sometime for your sleep because you definitely need it! Oh and amazing 10k time!!!

Mandy- I’m glad you enjoyed your photo shoot! I am not sure if I will do that when I get to my goal weight or just do some sort of photo shoot. I hear a lot of people talking about it, but who knows! Either way I totally believe in rewarding yourself with non food items along the way. I think it helps keep the motivation going!

Bethany- I am sure once the craziness in your life slows down you will be back to finding this lifestyle, and then hopefully once you get the hang of the lifestyle next time your life turns upside down you will be able to make all of those awesome choices, although I think you are being pretty smart about your choices. I suggest for the mexican food buffet for your mom’s party, maybe try eating a really big salad or something really filling beforehand so you only have a bite or two of something and that way you don’t overindulge.

AFM- Still super sore from the obstacle course on Saturday and I have bruises all over! I guess you don’t realize what parts of your body you use to pull and push and all of that until you have to do it and see the after math. I was planning on going for a run this morning, but I was so tired when my alarm went off so I slept a little while longer instead. I am going to do the shred with the hubby and then go for a run and maybe hit up the pool tonight. Should be nice! I might go for the run first if I beat my hubby home and he doesn’t want to do the run portion. We went shopping for groceries for the week yesterday, and 90% of our list was in the produce section! LOVE fresh food! After I finally got all of the items my hubby says what else do we need and it was only a few items which were mostly proteins! And oats of course :) I’m really liking July so far!!

XOXO
    Megan
  • tjradd73
    Options
    ima-big congrats on having the courage to do the photo shoot!! I have been thinking about it recently...but just can't quite yet... i think i will wait until i hit my final goal! :blushing: i hope they turn out perfect for you!!

Bethany-I def think that loggin ahead of time helps me stay on track for work days...I don't usually do it on my days off though....I don't know how I would do then?! Thanks for believing in me...i plan on finishing the shred out full force! I'm sorry to hear about the bf...I hope all works out ok with that :indifferent:

Megan-thanks!!! I'm excited to see your July results...I feel like you are really gonna kill it this month...and I am excited for you!! you def deserve it! :drinker:

AFM-1. last minute potluck at work tonight...which i will NOT be particiapting in, PERIOD!:grumble: 2. L2D13 of the shred complete, 3. diary is still looking good, 4. I have 4/4 on my steps goal at work so far, and 5. my scale hates this water retention from the shred...and although I am 2 weeks into it...I have just begun level 2 a couple of days ago and am really feeling it again!! Some of the ladies is my group have started seeing a loss this week, so I hope that I do too! :ohwell:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    this group is no where near as active as it used to be!

UPDATE: managed to scrap through the potluck with ONE FORKFUL of bundt cake....so all in all, happy with these results :)
  • anitanz
    Options
    I know! No action on this thread all day!
    I'm going to try to post the pics here seeing as it's so quiet, and I don't feel like my small victory justifies it's own thread. Posting pics with my BF too, as he has lost a lot of weight, especially noticable around his face. I hope that's OK and that I'm not clogging up the thread..
    Here goes, the first one is from October last year.
    anitasivaoctober.png
    The second one is from last Saturday night
    sivaanitajuly.png
    Didn't get a full length shot! So here is an annoyingly long distance one with a giant cake in the foreground:
    anitaandcake.png
    Did that work?
  • anitanz
    Options
    Oh and my ticker is a bit off because I lost some weight before I started here. Start weight was 72.5kg/ 159.5lb, weight on Saturday was 65.5kg/ 144.1 lb. I'm not so sure about my weight now though, retaining water and maybe gained a little from all the alcohol and cake!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Anita-it worked!! CONGRATS to you and your bf on your losses, you look great in your b-day dress, and I love the dress too! If you wanna change your ticker to reflect your total loss you can...just FYI!! When I hit my 100lb mark I did that...it was my reward to myself!