Senior Golden Sneakers..........July, 2011

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Buzz, just seeing your smiling face is enough for me. You have been a terrific friend to all of us.

:flowerforyou: Jackie, I absolutely LOVE the relationship you have with all the chickens.

:flowerforyou: Irene, I can't get down on the floor anymore. I have tendonitis in my left knee. If I kneal on it I will not be able to walk for several minutes. Yes, old age can be depressing.

Alright everyone...I stopped being a good girl back in November (with the exception of no longer smoking). I feel so fat and out of shape. I am embarassed to go out of my house. I feel horrible. You would think that feeling this way would make me be good. Well, not always. I am not eating right or exercising as I should be. I think that I am just about to give up. No, I KNOW I have given up.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Buzz, just seeing your smiling face is enough for me. You have been a terrific friend to all of us.

:flowerforyou: Jackie, I absolutely LOVE the relationship you have with all the chickens.

:flowerforyou: Irene, I can't get down on the floor anymore. I have tendonitis in my left knee. If I kneal on it I will not be able to walk for several minutes. Yes, old age can be depressing.

Alright everyone...I stopped being a good girl back in November (with the exception of no longer smoking). I feel so fat and out of shape. I am embarassed to go out of my house. I feel horrible. You would think that feeling this way would make me be good. Well, not always. I am not eating right or exercising as I should be. I think that I am just about to give up. No, I KNOW I have given up.

Whoa, whoa whoa....just stop a minute Becky. Why are you beating yourself up?? You know you can do this, you are having a hard time right now but so what?? You can back on track and you can meet your goal. It is harder in the summer than the winter but think about your health and what you want to accomplish. I slacked the first year on MFP but once I got down to business the weight came off. I am not the best calorie watcher but when I think about staying at my goal it really makes me think. There is no rush to reach our goals, but being healthy and fit is important. Don't give up, you can do this. Take it one day at a time.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I posted a long piece yesterday, but I see it never got online, so I'm just welcoming Sandy's suggestion and saying
    H E L L O !;
    and wishing you all well! Reading and catching up with al the posts, and everyone be well and have a
    WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!! :drinker:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Buzz

Great picture of you and your hubby Buzz. Both of you look terrific and "young".
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Becky said:

I agree with Sandy completely. Don't feel bad, you can do it. For me just recording what I eat helps tremendously. Often I find that I have eaten fewer calories than I thought I had. Just recording daily can really help you stay the same weight if not allow you to lose some weight. And we are here for you any time you need some pick me up. Hang in there.
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    BARBIE - a new bed sounds good too. I need one of those too. However, Sandy is right. I've heard that Polar makes good watches too. Probably some other companies do too. I just decided on my Garmin because it was the one our local Costco had. So far so good, with my second one.
    SANDY - I'm glad you are having a great summer. Don't worry about catching up. You've been so good about replying to every single one of us. I often wondered how you managed to do that. And, as for watches, you are right. When mine stopped working, I was heart broken. It is so motivating for me.
    And no, Sandy, no results yet. It is now Friday night so I know I won't hear until at least Tuesday because Monday is a holiday here in Alberta. I'm not sure if it is in the US as well. Waiting is always hard.
    IRENE - that sounds like hard work. Whenever I use muscles I've used for a bit, they ache like mad afterwards.
    JACKIE - give those hens a talking to. LOL Mr. Fox will be looking for them for sure if they don't behave.
    BUZZ - don't you just hate it when all your words disappear into never never land. It drives me crazy when that happens.

Here's a picture from our walk this afternoon. Take care.

5989686512_7c810ae0b7.jpg
    Clover and Moth by FancyLady, on Flickr
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from hot Saskatchewan. Well, not Texas hot but hot just the same. I think it was 28C which is about 85F. It likely sounds like a cool day to Marie but it felt very hot as I sat in the sun watching tennis. I had taken some tylenol for a headache earlier and should have been smart enough not to go but I wanted to see this young Canadian guy play against the young American. It was close but I had to leave when the headache came back with a vengeance. More Tylenol and some sleep and now it is mostly gone except for what I call the hangover. I also have an eye infection so have been using some drops. I hope my optometrist clinic is open tomorrow. So, that is me today.

I think it is enough computing for me. Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been trying to log on all morning but would not let me.

Gayla good to hear from you snd yes we would welcome 85 degrees araound here. The hurrican fizzle out Look like we are heading to beat the all time record of the 1980' so we still have not had a drop of rain. this month. They say it will be hotter next week.. They are tracking another storm but way to early to predict where it will go. I am making me some chile beans to put over Shredded lettuce and tomatoes like a taco salad only used ;ettuce instear of tortillas. Shold be good and top it off with some cold watermelon.****** hope you are feeling better now. I hardly ever get a headache. don't remember taking anything for one.

Jer You do find some lovely flowers on your walks. thank you for Sharing..
    have a lovely day.

May have to moved up to Canada with you gals.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A quick smile ~~~

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3.
    The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake.
    Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson...
    'If Jesus were sitting here, He would say,
    'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait.'
    Kevin turned to his younger brother and said,
    ' Ryan, you be Jesus !'

Jackie:bigsmile:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    A quick smile ~~~

' Ryan, you be Jesus !'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    A quick smile ~~~

' Ryan, you be Jesus !'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Jackie.. you have made my day.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Marie, I am sorry about your computer problems but then again...I am glad that I am not the only one to have them.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, your temperature would be welcome here. We have been in the upper 90s with it feeling like 110. I am thinking that God is giving me these temperatures to prepare me for my trip to Florida next week.

I am not posting my foods this weekend....because I am being a bad girl.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2419930y45de0o2ot.gif

Happy Birthday Judy. I know its not till Friday But you will be on vacation Have a wondeerful time. I will surely miss you.

Not as pretty as your roses
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: As we sat in the 75 degree sunshine watching the Seattle Mariners beat Tampa Bay 3-2, I wondered what it must be like a the baseball stadium in Dallas with all those hot temperatures.

:bigsmile: We got up early so I could walk the poodles before we left, we drove an hour and a half to the ferry, parked the car, walked onto the ferry where we walked around the whole 30 minute crossing and then walked to the ball park where we walked some more in search of garlic fries. then we walked some more before the game. Later I had a "loaded" baked potato and a bottle of water and basked in the sunshine and enjoyed the game, then walked back to the ferry, walked around on the ferry, and drove home and walked the dogs some more :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 24,000 steps so far :bigsmile:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone; I was so disappointed to see MARIE didn't get a good drenching from that Hurricane that fizzled! You really need some respite there in Texas, dear girl! Your "untortilla" sounded delicious and so creative! :wink:

BECKY wrote:
    ...Please don't give up, it will be too depressing. In fact, I think you need to find something uplifting to do, or make plans to have a goal that you can look forward to, or perhaps find a new hobby, or go back to an old hobby you enjoyed but have neglected? We all need to get out of our rut every so often, and we are all here for you if you need help finding something to encourage you out of the doldrums! :love: By the way, have a great trip to my home state!
    SANDY: talk about looking good! You've got the glow and cheekbones of a model!
    JERI: your pictures are gorgeous! what kind of equipment do you use for the flowers? Also, keep up those spirits and think positive until it's confirmed next week. We are all sending good thoughts your way...positive thoughts.
    IRENE announced:
    The key phrase here is, "get down on the floor."
    ..and I say it's OK for you young chicks to do that, but I doubt I'd ever be able to get up again! IRENE, you are,as ever, amazing!:flowerforyou:
    JACKIE: you and da boids! I love your stories of you and those hens, too! Not just any pets, but feathery ones! Different:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And the lesson in sharing; :laugh: :wink: and so typical! Adorable!
    GAYLA: sitting in the sun with an infected eye, yet, is a surefire way to end up needing tylenol! Sorry the tennis match ended up with you feeling lousy. Have you a nice sun-blocking hat for outdoors? I bought 2 last spring...really flattering. I hope to remember to wear them some day!
    Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    HEY THERE lovely JUDY, have a very....
    [img][/img]679775z29uksi0yq.gif
    and enjoy a wonderful, happy, healthy trip (the birthday wish is, of course, a pre-birthday wish!):drinker:
    :heart: Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hey Becky, is there a reason for you giving up that you can talk about on here? As Buzz says, we're all here for each other and often just writing down thoughts can clear the mind and put us back on the right path. You stopped smoking and that's a terrific achievement so you know you can be strong. However bad you might be feeling about your body right now taking a walk outside really isn't going to have the whole world looking at you with a critical eye. No one's perfect and anyway, they're usually caught up in their own problems so let's say together "bums off seats" and take a short walk.:wink: I think you may feel a little more positive if you can do it. Another thing I found that actually helps me stay focused IS logging bad days as well as good. No one is going to point a finger or tut-tut because we've all been there and got the t-shirt, whatever its size!!:laugh: It just acknowledges you know where you're going wrong and then you move on. Sharing is always better than bottling it up inside.:flowerforyou:

That's it Becky, Sunday sermon over!!:bigsmile:

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky we will not have any talk like that from you. Go on you vacvation and enjoy yourself and we will talk about this later.Have a good time in Florida. You have help so many people by your pep talks now give youself one. We all love youand aprreciate you so very much.

I gave up smoking 25 years ago. and to this day i still love the smell of sombody lighting up one. But no desire for one. I DO NOT LIKE TO SMELLED STALLED SMOKE What a horrible smell.But fresh smoke i do.

Hey all of you others young chicks glad to see you this morning,Buzz, Jackie,Barbie. and all the others to follow.
    I am not talking about are wearher. [ aren't you glad] This morning.Well buzz is not so young but she is certainly young in spirits.We shold all be like her,

Have a wonderful Sunday ya"all,,,,,,,,,,Marie
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    BUZZ. Thank you. I love photography. Most of my photos are taken with my Panasonic FZ35. It's a great camera.

5994531681_699a5ba65b.jpg
    Untitled by FancyLady, on Flickr

Here's one from my garden this afternoon.

It's a beautiful day here, if not a little too hot. But I'll take it.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Look at the bee.
    what a great shot. Jeri. you are so good at this
    I seen a pretty nature sceen yesterday, Jerry was sprinkleing the fhe grass. hopefully to keep them alive and the sprikle was hitting the hedges aand there was a red bird and his mate having a ball in the water sprays.Been so long since they seen any rain.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    JACKIE, lotsa good advice there for every one of us! :drinker: Thank you
    MARIE, don't you sound chipper this Sunday!:wink: Keep it up!
    JERI, what a shot! I guess you were not worried about the bee being camera shy! :noway:
    BARBIE, I think of you with those gorgeous poodles and it brings warmth to my heart! I hope they love the new house!
    BECKY, are you ready for your visit? At least our breezes are wonderful!
    IRENE: hope you are having a lovely weekend and giving your knees a good rest!

I'm way off menus today, but as I mentioned back aways, I'm not being as careful as I had been, thinking a slight holiday from thinking about food and nutrition might help me get back on track once I'm ready again! My 1st shopping venture will pull me up short, I'm certain!

Have a lovely finish to this weekend...and don't watch news on the TV!!!:grumble:
    Buzz