Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!! Im celebrating the 4th here in the UK and will be having some cocktails this weekend starting tonite with some lo cal beer. Ill make up for it tomorrow with some extra gym time. cheers:drinker:
    Do you celebrate being free of us?:laugh: that is funny...

:laugh: :laugh: :sad:
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm not the only one on here!
    I was so excited to find 0 calorie margarita mix today and needed someone to share it with! Who knows how long its been there, but I just found it (my store hides the alcohol from the rest of the store so if you don't go lookin' you won't find it).

Gonna enjoy some margaritas this weekend!

most nights its just white wine, but special occasions.....tequila!
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started July off by celebrating Canada Day with some Canadian friends yesterday. I know I lost count how many drinks I had but I stuck to Malibu Rum mixed w/Sprite Zero or 10 calorie Tropicana Fruit Punch. So, here's to a weekend of working (at least for me) and maybe a couple days w/o alcohol?
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0 yesterday and still 0 today so far.
    I've been slacking on the exercising though, and it's starting to show..I feel sluggish and the scale inched up.
    I did manage to put in some workout time today. More of the same the rest of the weekend is a must. Especially if I decide to have a cocktail or 2...which knowing me, I will. :drinker:
    Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. It's finally summer in So Cal...I turned on our A/C for the first time!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Friday - 1.5 glasses of chardonnay
    Saturday - zip, zero, nada

stc74...Let us know how those 0 cal margaritas taste. I can't seem to find a yummy low cal version.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy rest of the weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    REMEMBER: NO DRUNK TEXTING.... POST IT HERE! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

haha Marti. i got in serious trouble thursday night with the drunk texting. when will i learn i'm just not all that funny when i've had a few cocktails? :ohwell:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had a couple shots last night, but that was it...Of course, I started the shots at 10 and didn't go to bed until 1 because I was dealing with my drunk and sad neighbor. Ah, the things we do for our friends. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    0 Fri
    0 Sat
    I know..I'm strunned.
    Tonite? Maybe a glass of wine. We're having a quiet holiday weekend since we all got crazy on vacay recently.
    Going to try to do a 30 min shred and maybe swim as well.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friday= 1/2 bottle of wine and two miller lite pints
    Saturday=1 marg and 7 beers at the Rockies game. yikes, lots of drinking this weekend!
    now, off to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival, maybe happy hour and then the fireworks at Mile High, there's a lacrosse game but I am not so interested in that part.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sat = 2 glasses of wine but...
    Sun = just starting on my 4th cider :blushing: each one being 500ml (just under 1 pint for my non euro friends) and between 4.5 and 7.5 % alcohol, I've been trying out lots of different regional ones :happy: oh and I'm pishhed as a fart :laugh:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sat - 4 malibu coconut rums with unsweetened pineapple juice.
    Sun - 0

Plan to have 0 until Fri night. :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Enjoy yvonne!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yvonne!!

Thanks hun. I'm much more pishederer now :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I love ciders. I am sooo jealous. have fun.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ok it took me til Sunday but I've now joined in with you all!

so far: 1 vodka/soda with frozen watermelon balls as ice cubes. YUMMM! I'm thinking I won't stop at 1.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Also doing vodka/soda - minus the balls (just an old, tired, somewhat brown skinned, lime) tastes great though :laugh:

Spent the last part of the afternoon baking cookies for tomorrow (chocolate, peanut butter chip and regular chocolate chip) and I only tasted a 1/2 of cookie thus far...yay me!

Then made an awesome dinner of stuffed artichokes, grilled eggplant and baked brie on 5 grain french bread. Still over my calories though :ohwell: ...think I might go for a walk.

Everyone have a great 4th! :drinker: I :heart: my country!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Then made an awesome dinner of stuffed artichokes, grilled eggplant and baked brie on 5 grain french bread. Still over my calories though :ohwell: ...think I might go for a walk.

Holy crap!! stuffed artichokes sound amaaazing!! care to share the recipe? I wish i liked eggplant..i'm not much of a fan..but if i do eat it..must.be.grilled.
    speaking of grilled..do you ever grill artichokes? :tongue:

Ok..it's clear i'm getting hungry. I marinated skirt steak for the grill (been in the fridge since 9am) and have white corn on the cob soaking in the husks for the grill as well. made some of my famous salsa. (tomatoes, jalapeños, green onions, roasted green chiles, cilantro) i'll probably skip the tortillas..but have a few homemade flour ones from my SIL that everyone else will probably eat.
    i logged all this early in the day so i'd be ok. and am now on #2 of the vodka/soda/watermelon concoction. still 300 cals left. *fingers crossed*
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Enjoy yvonne!!

Thanks hun. I'm much more pishederer now :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: Go Yvonne :drinker: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options

I have been experimenting with stuffed artichokes and would love some advice on stuffing and cooking them...Pls share :flowerforyou:
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump....