Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well, survived my weekend without overeating...well except for yesterday...stupid hangovers. I totally drank my face off, and have no idea how many drinks I had friday or saturday! Back on the ball today, D1L2 of 30DS and back to the gym tomorrow morning. Of course we will be away next weekend too, I'm starting to get tired of this *ish* :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Back on track. No alcohol until at least Friday. Going to work on my 2 gallons of water each day and get back to healthy eating. Started with egg whites with sauteed onions and garlic, a whole wheat english muffin and all natural grapefruit juice. Feeling great, going to get the laundry done and then my work out over with all while waiting for the thunderstorms =]
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion my scale does not care a rat's *kitten* if I drink or not...vent over!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated with myself today!! I drank all weekend, and just put back on the 5 pounds that I lost last week. I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds week after week!! I am so good and committed all during the week, and then cut lose on the weekend and blow all my positive gains!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion my scale does not care a rat's *kitten* if I drink or not...vent over!

I think I do better when I drink as well...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    i lose when i drink..because i tend not to eat.
    but if i drink to the point of being hungover...the next day is a disaster for me. i eat like crap.

i had chinese food yesterday. i'm not even going to get on the scale today. i bet i gained 5lbs just from the sodium alone. :sick:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    i lose when i drink..because i tend not to eat.
    but if i drink to the point of being hungover...the next day is a disaster for me. i eat like crap.

I think my body stresses out when I don't drink...it likes it's alcohol
  • kblue2007
    Options

i had chinese food yesterday. i'm not even going to get on the scale today. i bet i gained 5lbs just from the sodium alone. :sick:

Had 1/2 a pizza, haha scale was up 5lbs this morning...I feel gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    I had pizza and wine yesterday, but lost a couple of lbs this week (weigh-in today)! So that's all the justification I need for drinking when I want to drink. Ha.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I know.. I know...I have not posted in sometime for yall in lushy land. No worries I have been hitting it golf ball! :bigsmile:

Lushy for life.

I am going to be on here a lot less because I have hit my goal and dont record as much as I used to. I am hoping this "follow what my body is telling me" stuff keeps working as it has. I am also cutting cardio by 50% to be replaced by weights and strength training. The only thing not changing will be the lushy action. haha

I hope everyone can keep it lushy as I will be checking back in from time to time.... :glasses:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Great job at meeting your goal, Chris!!! You're always welcome to hang with the lushes!!

Nothing today. My knee is pretty sore, but I'm trying to keep it in check with icing it. I think I might convince hubs to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to dinner tonight, so a VERY tall Blue Moon will be in my meal plan for sure!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Babybluz... I do the same thing! Great for a while than BAM! Try Vodka and Soda water with fresh Lime juice. Thats what I like. Other people have mentioned Skinny Margaritas and using sugar free mixers like Crystal Light. As for liquor... Vodka and Gin have less sugar than most others but typically the calorie count if fairly close. Good luck and welcome to the Lushes:drinker:

Thanks, I'll give those a shot!! I went on a brewery tour today and got drunk, but I'm thinking the 6 mile walk there completely cancels out the drinks!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-6oz of wine and 1 Victory Hop Wallop. I was really trying not to have any beers during the week, but it was a tough night with the kitties and I need something to help make me feel better!
    Tuesday-12oz wine with 400something calories to spare!!!
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok, I said I would start posting totals - off to a good start:
    M = 1 beer (last one in the house)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Oh Lushes! Sounds like y'all have been busy! Sorry I've MIA...I keep thinking I am going to catch up with the thread and then I don't and then it just gets longer. So starting fresh!

I actually had a non drunken weekend last weekend. I was visiting the BFs parents so we consumed moderately and I hoping to continue the trend over the next two weeks until its time for Kanrocksas (new music festival...so excited).

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0

PS my count for last week was only 5 or 6. Check it ouuuuutttt
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh Lushes! Sounds like y'all have been busy! Sorry I've MIA...I keep thinking I am going to catch up with the thread and then I don't and then it just gets longer. So starting fresh!

I actually had a non drunken weekend last weekend. I was visiting the BFs parents so we consumed moderately and I hoping to continue the trend over the next two weeks until its time for Kanrocksas (new music festival...so excited).

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0

PS my count for last week was only 5 or 6. Check it ouuuuutttt

Wow that's awesome!! Keep up the great work!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Getting back to focusing on my water during the week. Though it's not Fall yet, I've been enjoying organic apple with apple cinnamon tea =] makes me excited for Fall which is my favorite time of year ... aside from Shark week which starts on the 31st! Anyway, on deck today is finishing the laundry, vacuuming all the carpets as well as cleaning all the hard wood floors, cleaning the bathrooms, playing with the pups and kitties and finally getting in an hour long stationary bike ride :smile: then after all that, I'm going to figure something out for a healthy dinner :happy:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    After I cursed the scale yesterday I am down 1 pound today so I came to the conclusion cursing burns a lot of calories :laugh:

Sunday - 2 Black Cherry Rum/Diet Coke
    Monday - 1 Vodka/Soda
    Tuesday - 0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so here is my rut. eat really well all day. Planned Breakfast, snack, lunch, come home from work, have a snack and decide that I don't want dinner because DH doesn't want dinner sooo I drink my dinner. and then 15 minutes before its time for bed DH decides he is now hungry and he cooks some kind of crap and of course since I have been drinking I eat it. I must step off this merry go round but I am so tired after work that I just can't seem to break the cycle.

okay vent over. Thanks for listening.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    DAMN delicious beer, DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!! Had one last night and 6oz of wine! I drank the last of my favorite beer so just wine tonight!!!