Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I just had a guy come into the bar and tell me to make him a drink. He said he was a gin and tonic kinda guy but wanted something different so I started making a Kamikaze but thought it need something more so I made it a Cosmo. I hoped he wouldn't ask what it was but he did and his girlfriend laughed her *kitten* off... It was kinda funny. I told him I didn't put it in a martini glass just for that reason :laugh: :drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0

Unsure when drinking day will be this week. :tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thirsty Thursday but instead of alcohol, I'll be downing 2 gallons of water and doing a mini detox after the last 2 weeks of indulgences :smile:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Still 0s for this week. This weekend may be the same as we're broke and I've been sick. ;D
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Good job, Bun. Boo on the sick and broke part. :grumble:

We had some friends over last night...2 vodka red bulls and an Agave Wheat from Breckenridge Brewery. :drinker:

Monday=0
    Tuesday=1
    Wednesday=3
    Thursday=0!

I'm having my knee scoped tomorrow morning and the surgery center just called...no alcohol 24 hours prior to surgery. :sad:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the procedure tomorrow Amy!!!!

Monday -10oz of wine
    Tuesday- 6oz of wine
    Wednesday -16oz of wine..oh boy!!!!
    Thursday - probably another 16oz of wine or so....I need something to help with packing for the weekend :happy:

D9L1 on the shred tonight....I am so excited to finish L1 tomorrow morning :smile:
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am very happy to have found this thread. I am a drinker. I have lost 65 lbs since January 1, 2011. Initially, I stopped drinking completely and stayed home for four months to lose the first forty pounds. After that, I allowed myself one night a week for a month. Now I am pretty much doing what I want, but mostly monitoring my calories and using exercise calories for alcohol. My favorite drink is sugar free red bull and Patron. I also do diet coke and Jack or Jamison. I used to do margaritas quite a bit but sacrificed them for the calories.

I have 25 more pounds to goal. I've decided I'd rather do it a little slower with MORE exercise and still have my weekends and my Patron.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday, 3.5 ish...12 oz of Stella, 20 oz of Newcastle, 12 oz of Sam Adams
    Thursday = 0, I'm thinking...

Weight was up from last weigh-in...2.8 lbs...geez louise, that's sucks!!! Definitely need to lay off this week.

Are you with me Robin?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Kim, I had New Castle last night too! I even got to use the new iphone app bar code scanner and that is pretty slick, I scanned the bottle and it knew it, 140 cals. I had two.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I am new to this thread, but think I fit in just fine here:) I try to aim for at least one if not 2 days with no alcohol at all, and on the remainders under two, three if the occasion/meal calls for it, and only more than that unless it is a party. I have also started to actually use a measuring cup for my wine, too!
    I exercise at least 4 days a week, and try to do cardio every day and add in two days a week of yoga/pilates at home. I love to cook, also, and am always trying new recipes...and enjoy all kinds of outdoor stuff like hiking and kayaking.

So here goes for me:
    Monday = 1 Beer, 1 glass of wine
    Tuesday = 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine
    Wednesday = 6 oz Sauvignon Blanc
    Thurs = Not sure....maybe a glass of red....
    Fri & Sat: well, we are throwing a party for about 65 people, and there are a keg of Blue Moon, a pony keg of Coors, and 4 cases of wine on the line up. I am going to throw a guess at 2 glasses of wine Friday night, and a metric *kitten* ton (that is a new unit of measurement!) of Blue Moon Saturday. Thinking Sunday will be dry day.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I am going to throw a guess at 2 glasses of wine Friday night, and a metric *kitten* ton (that is a new unit of measurement!)
    Heh...I like that measurement!! :laugh:
    Welcome to the thread. The more the merrier.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Thursday = 0, I'm thinking...

Weight was up from last weigh-in...2.8 lbs...geez louise, that's sucks!!! Definitely need to lay off this week.

Are you with me Robin?
    I really need to. I basically made it one day this week. I have to do better.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

So far so good, was going to try to be zeros all week, but tomorrow I made an appointment to put my dog, Jewel down. She has bladder cancer and a large growth on her liver and she is having more bad days than good. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do :cry: I know it's the right thing to do but I hate it.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

So far so good, was going to try to be zeros all week, but tomorrow I made an appointment to put my dog, Jewel down. She has bladder cancer and a large growth on her liver and she is having more bad days than good. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do :cry: I know it's the right thing to do but I hate it.
    I am so sorry to hear the news. It is a hard thing to do. I have been there. Give yourself a break and if you need a few drinks to get thru the pain go for it. We are all here for you.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

Oh no! I'm so sorry. It's one of the hardest things to do..also one of the most unselfish, once they start having more bad days than good. hang in there. :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I haven't read through the entire thread, but it seems to be right up my ally. I've been good most of the last week, except for last night -- went out and had a LOT to drink. (Somewhere around 8 drinks, don't quite remember everything though :embarassed: )

Would love to keep up with you all and this thread! Good luck all! :drinker:
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This is my kind of thread!!! I thought I was the only one!! I'M A LUSH!! BUT.....I haven't had a drop of alcohol since July 4th! I even went to bars 3 times and enjoyed cranberry juice with 7-up!! I was told to have NO alcohol for 3 weeks - I am shortening it to 2 weeks and getting my blood tests done in the morning......apparently my liver enzymes are high. :| Not sure what that means, but I am hoping that whatever it is turns out to be the reason for my inability to lose weight despite working out 4 to 6 days a week and eating 90% healthy!! :) Something is up!!
    Riunite Lambrusco is my biggest weakness - not far behind that is Ace pear cider!! YUM!!! I ave a jug of lambrusco in the fridge now!! Right after work tomorrow I am having about 5 glasses of it!!! LOL I can already taste it!!
    Anyways......great to meet all of you! I plan on following this thread! I'd like to keep my drinking to weekends only unless it is a special occassion! Maybe this will help me.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Thursday = 0

It's official...I'm not even in the mood for it...instead, I ate a donut and a brownie...what a waste!!! I'm going to bed early 'cause I don't even want to be awake any longer.
  • KEMerriman
    KEMerriman Posts: 14
    Options
    Like so many others I am so happy I found this discussion. I don't generally drink much during the week and since I am in graduate school and have very little money the weekends have been a bit too alcohol free but that will be changing soon. I have a neighborhood block party sort of thing coming up on this sunday and the following weekend is Cleveland's Irish Cultural Festival, so not only is there ALOT of alcohol but there is a ton of food too. I am already trying to plan how I am going to work that weekend.:happy:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

=( So sorry for your girl. It's so hard losing a furry one, they become more than just a pet instantly. Hang in there. I know my 5 are my world. A friend just had one of her pups escape from their back yard, which I guess he and his sister do all the time and come back but he still hasn't come back :frown: Breaks my heart. If I lived in GA I'd go out everyday to help find him.