Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day for drinking for a while. I will aim for nothing M-F We will see how it goes. had a lovely bottel of chardonnay last night.

That's a good plan Robin. You just have to break the dang cycle. The first few days are the hardest.
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know I'm a little late to joining this thread, but I just found it. I didn't actually start my diet, ahem, I mean lifestyle change, until after the fourth, but alcohol is gonna be a pain for me too!! I haven't drank anything since I've started since I'm still working on eating my claories and not starving to death! LOL Anywho, I would love to hear more about the Crystal light mocktails and the 0 Calorie margarita mix...my husband makes the BEST margaritas and I am starting to jones for one!! LOL So any help would make me happy! Thanks in advance and HAPPY DRINKING LUSHES!! :drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues -0
    Wed -0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 0
    Sat - 2 bottles of wine
    Sun - 0

Very lushy on saturday. I can never seem to drink in moderation, ever.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    look at all those 0's though!! I rarely have that many in a week.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What up lushes??

I wasn't too bad, despite the camping...damn kids...keeping me in check! (I kid, for those of you new to the thread.)

I had a few beers, a few vodka red bulls, and that's about it.

No drunk posts...no cell service to speak of.

However, I managed to not burn my feet or lose my *kitten*. :laugh:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Looks like everyone had a good week!

I noticed a lot of lushes like to go camping. I have not been camping since I was a kid (parents used to take the family of 5 kids from the east coast to west coast in a pop up camper). As an adult I discovered hotels, but have fond memories of camping and how outgoing and friendly and happy everyone was. I think now I am figuring out why :bigsmile:

Monday - 1.5 Margaritas
    Tuesday - 2 glasses of Cabernet
    Wednesday - 2 Bloody Marys and 1 shot of espresso vodka and Baileys
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 1.5 vodka/sodas
    Saturday - 1 Longhorn's Perfect Margarita, 1 "My Margarita" ( a whooping 530 calories worth of Margarita yumminess)
    Sunday - 0

Week = 8

No regrets this week...I enjoyed each and every one!! :drinker:

Will see if the scale will be kind on Tuesday. :happy:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA lushes...still a lush and checking in!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I swear!! So far, nothing this week. Last week was something else though. ;D
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hi all, it's been awhile. The temp job kept me busy, but it is over as of this past Friday. SOOO, it will be my challenge to keep the drinking back. While working, I kept it at a low roar: 4-6 :blushing: beers a night, and going a bit more on Friday. I don't need to get that total up at all! Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet. Weight has been steady. I'm thinking of actually using my exercise machine!

Glad all are having a good week! :flowerforyou:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a lushy weekend. Friday I had two Hoegarten (sp?) they were in huge glasses, though.
    Saturday I hosted a party and had a glass of white wine followed by a few bud lights, I lost track.
    Sunday I drank some merlot that was leftover from the party.
    No plans this weekend but have that leftover booze layin around.
    Going to Vegas Saturday so I am not sure if I should lay off or condition:happy:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    What up lushes??

I wasn't too bad, despite the camping...damn kids...keeping me in check! (I kid, for those of you new to the thread.)

I had a few beers, a few vodka red bulls, and that's about it.

No drunk posts...no cell service to speak of.

However, I managed to not burn my feet or lose my *kitten*. :laugh:
    Well then you must not have had enough fun:glasses: !!! My phone was on warranty so they sent me a new one but this piece of crap is like from 2004ish... it takes me like 10 minutes to text one freakin' sentence, I want my full keyboard back!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Robin, drinking on the weekends only is definately the way to go! I was drink free all the way to Friday. I got smashed at my bar and said things I shouldn't have and now i'm really nervous about going in today. Saturday we went camping at the beach just for the night... I had a few beers but nothing too crazy. I did manage to burn my lower eye lid though.... Hush Soccer, I know your laughing!! Alright, got to get ready for work... Have a good night everyone:bigsmile: :drinker:

Oh Kim, that IS alcohal abuse expecially if it's red wine... You know that stuff doesn't hold for long after its been corked! Drink up, you still have 2 days to weigh-in :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope to be back on track after a really crummy last week. The eating and drinking were both off and my exercise was bleh.
    I'm staying away from the scale so I don't get too frustrated.
    Maybe I'll try that sticking to just the weekend to drink thing that you all keep mentioning. :tongue:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen drum roll smiley-music016.gifif you please ...

Monday - 0 !!!!!!!!

I am back at it and will do it this time. I need to lose all the weight I put back on. I can do this!!!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen drum roll smiley-music016.gifif you please ...

Monday - 0 !!!!!!!!

I am back at it and will do it this time. I need to lose all the weight I put back on. I can do this!!!!

Yay! Congrats Robin!!!! You CAN do this :happy:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Monday=1

Re: not having enough fun on the camping trip...yeah, it was a pretty mellow trip. One of the families we went with "frowns upon excessive drinking around the kids" so my family and the other family kept it low key..
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    0 for me on Monday too!
    And I woke up really sore from my workout..which feels good. :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, YEAH, it's a start...

Amy, sorry about the "debbie downers"

Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0

Total: 0

Prepping for weigh-in day...which may not be so good this week :sad:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the sobriety bandwagon.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ended up with the rest of that bottle of merlot last night, you know it will go bad.
    See if tonight I will be drink free...