Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Think I drank enough for all those who abstained last night :ohwell: = spending the day in bed with my furry kids and watching Sex and the City.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Think I drank enough for all those who abstained last night :ohwell: = spending the day in bed with my furry kids and watching Sex and the City.

Thanks for taking one for the team :bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Thanks for taking one for the team :bigsmile:

Haha, anytime!
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...beer, ale, etc motivate me to work out more because I want to make sure I have enough calories left for a couple frosty beverages in the evening!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0

Never drink before weigh in day as usual. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0

Funny, how mine looks the same!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    When I cook amazing food I have to have amazing wine. :blushing: i made the best oyster corn fritters (so loaded with vegies it was ridiculous) with a habenero lime dipping sauce, (yum!) for dinner and i had an open bottle of chardonnay so I had to drink it. I am still under calories since I exersized today but still what is it with me.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - one 5 oz. glass of white wine (logged!)
    Wednesday - 0

Thursday I will be at a HP party so I think I need to decide between grazing and drinking! On Friday the BF and I go up to Minneapolis for the weekend to visit his parents. They're not big drinkers but maybe a glass or two of wine with dinner! But its relatively safe to say I will be binge free!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've been good so far this week without beers. Monday I had 10oz of wine, last night 6oz, tonight probably 12oz - 16oz, my husbands working late and it helps me sleep :happy:

We are heading down the shore friday afternoon with my sister in law, her boyfriend, my husbands cousin and his girlfriend.....guaranteed to be lushy!!

Next weekend we are going to Ocean City, MD for the weekend, another guaranteed lush fest!!
    I'm nervous about all the away from home time but I just have to keep my priorities straight....avoid food, drink beer :laugh:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I've been good so far this week without beers. Monday I had 10oz of wine, last night 6oz, tonight probably 12oz - 16oz, my husbands working late and it helps me sleep :happy:

We are heading down the shore friday afternoon with my sister in law, her boyfriend, my husbands cousin and his girlfriend.....guaranteed to be lushy!!

Next weekend we are going to Ocean City, MD for the weekend, another guaranteed lush fest!!
    I'm nervous about all the away from home time but I just have to keep my priorities straight....avoid food, drink beer :laugh:

I know the feeling. I will be out of town again this weekend and of the last 5 weekends it is the 4th that I am traveling! I have not been avoiding any specific food really but just really focusing on listening to my body. If I had a choice in food then I would always go with a healthy carb, lean protein, and some veggies. When I did (group meal, snacks, etc) I just ate what I wanted until I was full and then STOPPED. I managed to not gain and even lose a bit.

I know this is obvious but when I made it my main focus (instead of calories, carbs, protein, etc) it helped a lot.
  • kblue2007
    Options

I know the feeling. I will be out of town again this weekend and of the last 5 weekends it is the 4th that I am traveling! I have not been avoiding any specific food really but just really focusing on listening to my body. If I had a choice in food then I would always go with a healthy carb, lean protein, and some veggies. When I did (group meal, snacks, etc) I just ate what I wanted until I was full and then STOPPED. I managed to not gain and even lose a bit.

I know this is obvious but when I made it my main focus (instead of calories, carbs, protein, etc) it helped a lot.

Thanks for the advice!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=1 (but it was a triple...should should I count it as 3? Meh, it was in 1 glass...it's 1 drink!)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=1 (but it was a triple...should should I count it as 3? Meh, it was in 1 glass...it's 1 drink!)
    One glass=1 drink? Great!
    I had one glass of wine last night.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday=0
    me too but the wine glass holds half a bottle if I want it to. (I was good last night though)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday=0
    me too but the wine glass holds half a bottle if I want it to. (I was good last night though)
    [/quote

I was thinking the same thing...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I looove swimming and the exercise it gives me..and being in the sun.
    But I come home and realllly want to eat and pour a big refreshing cocktail!! :tongue:
  • JaxKiley
    JaxKiley Posts: 1
    Options
    wow i'm so glad i found this. beer is definitely my biggest weakness and it doesn't help that I don't drink light beer. i've been trying really hard to not drink on the week days, and i've been good this week!
    Sun=0
    Mon=0
    Tues=0
    I really think this board will help me :)
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0

Funny, how mine looks the same!!
    Me too, me too... No drinks before weigh-in! Didn't seam to help much this week though:sad:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednsday 0 (not off work till 1am so no drinks)

As for the rest of the week I think I'll be good. Might have a glass of wine at my dads b-day party but that's about it. My great aunt will be there and she can drink a grown man under the table. This woman is like in her late 70's and at my wedding she was going shot for shot Yukon Jack with me and the rest of us 30-something kids! She is so freakin' awesome, I love her :heart:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    wow i'm so glad i found this. beer is definitely my biggest weakness and it doesn't help that I don't drink light beer. i've been trying really hard to not drink on the week days, and i've been good this week!
    Sun=0
    Mon=0
    Tues=0
    I really think this board will help me :)

I am not a light beer drinker either...unless I have to be! I have been trying to avoid beer during the week and reserve it for one day a week....not that I don't have other vices, you know like wine, vodka, tequila, etc :laugh:
    This thread is great it gives you encouragement that you need but doesn't make you feel bad if you don't stick to you original drinking plans!!!