Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Faith, you had a wonderful week...sorry yesterday was *kitten*. :heart: Are you going to listen to some metal and then drunk post? :laugh:
    I'd say so, or some 90's pop :laugh: :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    oooh lushes hellooooooooo, I've missed you guys, beer and wine for me tonight, happy weekend :drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOkg4jFNus&feature=related

Who wants Janet's abs? We all dooooooo!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    missed you to Yvonne. welcome back.
    Kim, I just can't seem to get that damn halo to stay on at all.
    Faith, I am sorry your day was sh+t but you had an awesom 0 week

I think we all agree that special occasions are days we don't really need to worry about calories and an elopment party qualifies. just enjoy it. .

Vegas this time of year? are you crazy?

okay thats all I can remember. So I start my new job in two weeks. I should be able to get my eating drinking and exersizing crap in order. i will try again this week, last week I made it one day so anything more than that will be an improvement, right?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday, 3.5 ish...12 oz of Stella, 20 oz of Newcastle, 12 oz of Sam Adams
    Thursday = 0
    Friday = bottle of skinny margs, 5 ish
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Total: 8.5

So much for sobriety, was totally craving alcohol and letting loose from watching calories. I'll be back on track the rest of the week.
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-3 wine, 2 pear cider, 2 corona, 1 cream soda
    Saturday.........having a big jam session at our house - there will be alcohol - oh yes, there will be alcohol! :drinker:

Have a great weekend fellow lushes!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=3
    Wednesday3
    Thursday=0
    Friday=1 I had a Summer Shandy with my pizza last night.

Robin, baby steps, girl. Shoot for 2 or three this week. You can do it!!

Kim, 8.5 isn't too bad...

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I saw lots of 0's from a good many of you.
    I suck. :sad:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've drunk a few nights this week, haven't even kept track though, but am I bovvered??
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Kim, 8.5 isn't too bad...

Well, I just got asked if I would like to stay home on-call...the mind whirls with possibilities :blushing:
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm happy I found this! I seriously need to find some lower calorie drinks that I like. I do a semi-decent job of resisting...then bam, I drink a ton in one night! :drinker: Glad to see I'm not the only one though!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Vodka and painkillers...not getting rid of the pain, but it's helping me not give a *kitten*.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Babybluz... I do the same thing! Great for a while than BAM! Try Vodka and Soda water with fresh Lime juice. Thats what I like. Other people have mentioned Skinny Margaritas and using sugar free mixers like Crystal Light. As for liquor... Vodka and Gin have less sugar than most others but typically the calorie count if fairly close. Good luck and welcome to the Lushes:drinker:

Amy, pretty sure your not suppose to mix pain killers and liquor missy!!! Take it easy... sit back and watch a marathon of your fav shows or something. I know its hard to do nothing but you gots to if you want to fully recover:flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    April, i know, I know...but since I overdid it on day 1, I'm in SERIOUS amounts of pain on day 2 (yesterday) and today. I sat on my a$s all day yesterday and today's looking like the same. The doc gave me 50 mg of Ultram (I can take 2 every 4-6 hours) and he said that if that wasn't cutting it for the pain, I can take 1 or 2 5mg Oxycodone. So, I'm doing that, but it still hurts like a mo'fo, and I can't sleep. But, if I have a drink, it knocks me out for a bit and it doesn't hurt.

I have bad habits. :ohwell:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

I am back, kind of. Friday sucked because of my dog :sad: . Thank you all for your kind words. It feels really weird at home so am trying to keep busy. Internet has also been down since Friday and they told me it may not be back until Thursday :explode: (I hate ATT). Still trying to not overdo it on my drinking. I don't think my scale seems to care if I drink or not, it just stays about the same.

Friday - 3 Bloody Marys
    Saturday - 0
    Sunday - Cruzan Black Cherry Rum and Diet Coke # to be determined.

Soccerdot (Amy) - Sorry you are having so much pain with your recovery. My husband had lapro surgery earlier this year (his 2nd on that knee) because of a torn miniscus and it took a while to heal and the days when he would do lots of walking, he would pay for it later that night. He still wears a soft brace which helps, but it does get better.

Robin and Socal hang in there all the studies show drinking in moderation is good and woman who drink live longer :wink:

Welcome new lushes!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The party report....I am guessing at 8 Blue Moons and 2 big glasses of wine (I really wasn't counting, but knowing my pace, and how often I lose my beers)....I made sure to get on the Elliptical, and also worked my butt off during set up....all in all I was over by about 370 calories for the day. Maybe more if my drink count is way off...but not worried! I am on track today, and needless to say beer is the last thing I am craving today!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dot =] and sorry about your pain =| hope it's all gone soon!!!

Wolf, hang in there. My mom and I had to put down our 14 year old kitty Furbal about a year ago and I still haven't been able to change my profile picture. He was one special boy and saw me through a lot of stuff. It was one of the hardest things but I also knew that he wouldn't be in any pain anymore. I still miss him terribly but take comfort in all my great memories with him, my other fur babies are also helpful =]

Lushy Friday and sort of Saturday. No hangover today though, had some drinks at lunch and we're now watching the DVR'd soccer game. Might go make a mini drink in a bit and just relax. We bought a clean eating cook book when we went grocery shopping so in addition to the almost $600 we spent at Whole Foods, we'll be getting back on track tomorrow :smile: Which is good because since the 4th holiday weekend, I've eaten like garbage which isn't normal for me and my body is sure telling me. Whereas the boyfriends body seems conditioned to junk food and upsets him when he eats healthy. He needs a full out bad food detox.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!! :heart:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Huh well I think I was close to a case for the weekend. Not 100% sure. LOL I can guarantee that I only had 3 today cause that's all we had left. ;D
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I've had more to drink today than I've eaten...as in, I've had a piece of pizza and some chips and salsa.

Vodka makes my pills work better. In other news, I've called the surgeon and he thinks I overdid it (duh!) hence the owie. However, I can't get stronger pain meds until I go to the office. So, yeah, I've been washing down my Percs with redbull and vodka.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Amy (Dot) I hope you feel better soon.

I feel like crap this morning. So I am motivated not to drink for a while. baby steps. I can do this.