Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Smiley-Drink001.gif
    Yess..cheers to you all..thanks for never judging. If you were all in my phone and I was texting you when I've had 1 (or 10) too many, i'm not quite so sure you'd be as forgiving..lol.
    I just poured some wine. My teenage son sent me a bit over the edge this afternoon. I still turn to alcohol to calm my nerves/relieve stress/celebrate..hell just about deal with *any* emotion. I realize it's no more healthy than turning to food in those situations..but I'm dealing with one thing at a time for now.
    Hell, I quite smoking. I gotta have me ONE vice to fall back on when I'm not willing to deal with my real emotions! :laugh:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Good job quitting smoking! Your right, one vice at a time. My husband and I go rounds with that one... He smokes, so if he gets stressed he just steps outside to have one but god forbid I want a glass of wine when i'm having a bad day. He tells me that's not the way to deal with things.... silly boy:drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kasi. It was the single, most difficult thing I ever have done!
    My Dr. told me as a woman, the absolute MOST important thing I could do to improve my health was to quit smoking. (more important than losing weight)
    I quit when I had my son years ago...but took it up again..probably to help deal with the pregnancy weight. :frown:
    Did that about 5 years ago and in the meantime my weight inched up.
    Now, I'm going to deal with that, because it's at the point where I was no longer just a little chubby, but fat. lol.
    I will address any concerns with alcohol at some point too, I suppose. Clearly, I'm a pretty linear person. :tongue:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1.5 Margaritas
    Tuesday - 2 glasses of Cabernet
    Wednesday - 2 Bloody Marys and 1 shot of espresso vodka and Baileys

Going to try to behave the next couple of days.

Cheers to all :drinker:
  • superkristy
    Options
    I'm glad I found this!! Trying to limit my drinking has been the hardest part of trying to lose weight. ESPECIALLY in the summer when everyone is drinking at the pool or the lake or having bbqs.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    SoCal, I totally believe you have to take any goal you have and break it down into smaller pieces. Work on one thing at a time, once the first piece is mastered move on to the next and you'll eventually get to where you want to be.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues -0
    Wed -0
    Thurs - 0.
    Fri - Aiming for 0. If I wasn't going to the movies it would totally be a lush night. I can wait one more day.:grumble:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a vodka soda at home and 2 at the bar and a tecate light.
    Maybe tonight I can go drink free...
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm lovin this group. I've been cutting back greatly on sweets and other naughty things. But you will pry my wine out of my cold, dead hands. How does this work? Do you just post how much booze you've drank on a given day? Inquiring minds want to know :-)
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Last week was a killer for me as I was on vacation at the lake. I was the one carrying around a cooler (aka my beer purse) with my beer in it or else my big cup of UV Blue Vodka lemonades or Skinny Girl margaritas along with my Trader Joe's wine tote filled with booze for shots and I also made jello shots...they called me "party in a bag" as a result. There were 4 jello shots left the night before we packed up so I polished those off on my own before bed. The shame, I know. They were delicious though!

Just remember, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning! Cheers, to my like minded lush MFP friends!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes, it's nearly Friday :happy: of course it already is for Faith :drinker:

I will be drinking this weekend, not sure what or how much, I'll see how the urge takes me. Although, I must be more restrained than I was during my recent cider indulgence as I rather impulsively ordered myself a new bed, the internet is a dangerous thing when drunk :blushing: In my defence though I had been lusting after this bed for ages and it was hugely discounted in a sale :bigsmile:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until tomorrow afternoon :drinker: :drinker: Happy Friday peeps. :heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, drunken shopping is the bomb. My husband gets sucked into infomercials when he is up late on his own and drunk. He doesn't remember order **** until it shows up. :laugh:

Marigold. most of us post what we drink to be held accountable, to brag, to ask for support, to show off our will power, to show off our lack of will power. Mostly it is a place to share a love of alcohol but trying to lose or maintain in spite of that love. Welcome.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I've had about 1/2 of one today...just not in the mood. :noway:
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So I said I wouldn't have a drink until I reached 168 pounds but that seems so far away. It was suppose to be like a punishment for gaining weight but the weekend is here and a drink is calling my name, lol.
    :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    2 tequila drinks and one bud light. Currently cooking a turkey burger for a snack :smile:

Depending on how late the boyfriend is at work tonight, date night will be tomorrow, if he's super late then well order delivery tomorrow and have date night Saturday. Would like to have people over again for some human interaction, boyfriend doesn't really care because he sees people at work all the time. Guh, really need my license so I can have a life and so I don't take being stuck in our house all day everyday on Kyle. On the other hand, at least I have 5 animals to not only keep me company but entertain me haha.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 12 oz of wine (2.5 ish)
    Thursday, 5 Sam Adams @ Champps

Total: 7.5 total

Lushness reared it's head.

I used to be such a beer girl; but, I just get so bloated from it. :sick: I'm sure it has to do with the volume as well. I will definitely stick with more wine and skinny margs. Not sure what I will do for the rest of the weekend yet. I have another weigh-in for a contest on Sunday.

On Wednesday, the scale finally moved...down 2.4 lbs.:drinker: :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Friday! :smile:

Will be :drinker: tonight with the boyfriend =]

Happy Friday all!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    way to go on the weight loss Kim. 7.5 for you week total looks pretty good considering some of the weeks you have had in the past. I wouldn't say that is so lushy.

:blushing: I have decided that Monday I get serious again. I have to. I am tired of feeling tired.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Great job Kim!!!

I had 2 yesterday...I finally finished the red bull/vodka I was nursing all day and then I had a shot around midnight.

Camping this weekend, so I have a feeling I'm going to be drunk for most of it. If I can get cell/internet reception, expect some drunky posts. :drinker: