Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    :sick: :sick: :sick:
    2 bottles of wine yesterday and now I want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.
    oh and I ate everything in sight in my ravenous drunken rage (think SNL Skit "The Gap Girls" where
    Chris Farley says, "Leave me alone, I'm starving!")

At least today I feel so gross I probably won't be able to eat much.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the hangover. :heart:

Amy, the fireworks at Invesco were frelling awesome!! Our neighborhood crew took all the kids and they enjoyed the game and then there was about a 20 minute display.

I only had 1 beer last night at the lax game--Blue Moon, but paying $8 for a beer just wasn't worth it!

I'm not sure what we're doing today--there's some festival-type stuff in the city center, but I'm not a huge fan of the heat+crowds, so we might just hang here and grill later with the neighbors.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    1026135zbkoqyfji3.gif

plan to drink a little and cower with my dogs this evening as my DH and all the neighbors around here are pyros and they by the big booms and I fear for my life and property. It is pretty though.

had a few naughty arnold palmers yesterday. got a wee bit tipsy but not to bad. I have done really well this weekend.

Dot, where in Denver area do you live? I bought my first house ever in Aurora in 1980. I lived in an apartment in Glendale for a year before that. I worked for the Colorado Institute of Art near downtown. We left the area to go back to So Cal in 1983 so I was near family when I started having babies. Many awesome memories. Love the area.

PS I am still a HUGE Broncos fan!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Robin,
    I grew up in Arvada (moved there from Nebraska when I was 2) and I've lived in Westminster, Aurora, Englewood, and now I'm in Highlands Ranch. I love it here!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    :sick: :sick: :sick:
    2 bottles of wine yesterday and now I want to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.
    oh and I ate everything in sight in my ravenous drunken rage (think SNL Skit "The Gap Girls" where
    Chris Farley says, "Leave me alone, I'm starving!")

At least today I feel so gross I probably won't be able to eat much.
    I totally remember that SNL skit with Chris Farley and the fries and the Gap girls-"just cinch it"
    Anyway, I know how you feel, I went to the fireworks and was pretty good, well, I had 3 beers and a churro-I been spending $8 on beer for days now, but we had gotten sushi snack in Cherry Creek at the Arts Festival, but I was ravenous after the game and ordered papa john's and ate three slices! with the garlic butter...
    Today we went for a hike in Evergreen, the Evergreen Mountain trail and I didn't even get hungry, I finally ate my Subway sandwich after the 2.5 hours, MFP said it was a huge calories burn, but who knows for sure? anyway, we got stuck in traffic, i-70 was closed for a semi that over turned and we creeped a couple of miles in a couple of hours, after three hours we turned around and went back to evergreen and chilled with a couple of beers and a quesadilla at El Rancho. Didn't get home til after 7, grrr.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    We had a pretty chill 4th last night...I had a red bull/vodka during the day, some mango/rum slushy thing, before dinner, and then a Ruby Redbird during the fireworks festivities.

Monday=3
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Wednesday, weigh-in for comp...the eliminations are getting more and more stressful :cry:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!! stuffed artichokes sound amaaazing!! care to share the recipe? I wish i liked eggplant..i'm not much of a fan..but if i do eat it..must.be.grilled.
    speaking of grilled..do you ever grill artichokes? :tongue:

I have never attempted to grill an artichoke and probably never will (well...unless maybe I was drunk or something :noway: ) just seems difficult unless it was just the heart.

Since two people asked for the recipe... I use an old recipe from my Italian Grandma (RIP) that was never written down and only three ingredients plus salt and pepper.

White Bread (I use whatever I have left over, hamburger buns, hot dog rolls, sandwich bread) torn into 1" pieces. 1-1/2 slices of bread per choke.
    Minced Garlic - 1 tsp per choke (approx)
    Olive Oil
    Salt and pepper to taste

Prep chokes, cutting off tops and stem and trimming leaves with scissors.
    Mix bread, garlic and drizzle with Olive Oil to make slightly moist.
    Open up leaves and randomly stuff the breading as far down into the leaves as possible Then squeeze the choke as tightly as possible (aka...choke the choke).

Place in water, cover and cook for about 45 minutes or when you can pull off a leaf easily. Some stuffing will come out during cooking, so I use a small enough pot where I can wedge them so they are about 3/4 of the way covered in water. These go great with a dry white wine.

Went to sister's for the 4th. It stormed when it was time for fireworks :angry: but we had a nice visit anyway. Her Costco sells a premix margarita mix with the alcohol, 12% I think, they were okay, but am not sure of the calorie count. I had 1 and 1/2 (about 6oz.). My Costco, one county over, does not sell liquor just beer and wine...Sheesh!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    YUM! Sounds good.
    Grilling them is actually easy...prep as usual then you cut them in half (lengthwise) boil/steam them for about 15 min..then finish them on the grill...usually brushing/coating with an olive oil, garlic, lemon, salt or whatever other flavors/seasonings you prefer.
    SOOOO great!

I had ice cream (the real stuff) for the 1st time yesterday since I can't remember when. It was good..and my craving is now satisfied..but it did seem *very* rich tasting. Didn't exercise at all.
    The A/C guy is here today replacing our unit. I will be exercising after he leaves.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Grilling them does sound easier then I thought, of course, cutting them in half makes a lot of sense :laugh: . I going to have to try that.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Ooh, I'll need to try grilling the chokes...hubs and the girl love them (as do I.)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    heh..yeah. otherwise they'd probably roll right off the grill. :wink:

Well the A/C guy didn't finish today and of course So CAL is having a major heatwave. He needs another part or something. :grumble: So I went swimming instead. I don't feel like cooking though so we're going to go down to a new neighborhood bistro kind of place. Hopefully I can find something not *too* off my calorie plan! I may have a glass of wine too. :drinker:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1 bottle of white wine, 2 whiskey and diets
    Tuesday - 0
  • rjadams
    Options
    soooo tired. people setting off huge mortars until 2:30 in the morning and I had to get up at 4:00 gonna have a little drinky poo and take a nap right now.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I missed this group!! This weekend was full of drinking, a little too much but hey that's what the holidays are for.

What works best for you guys? Do you have a few drinks throughout the week or is it better to try to keep it to 1 day a week.

I feel like I am starting over from scratch here since I have gained 10ish pounds since I started triathlon training, and now I have a wedding to get ready for!
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread since I do like to have a drink every now, I am defintely a lush, lol. So I told myself that I will not have a drink until I reach 168 lbs and that will be my reward but I will not overdo it. So 168 lbs here I come!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Wow, Alot of new Lushes this month!

So, I went camping Thursday morning and got back yesterday early evening. Did alot of drinking Thursday, Friday I was a mess, and Saturday really wasn't much better. I haven't had a drink since Saturday though.

Got a little lushy story for ya.... Friday, we started fishing pretty early in the morning and of course fishing and beer go hand in hand. I managed to miss lunch cause I was out on the boat. Then back on shore we had Whiskey & Jager chased with beer! The next morning I woke up with blistered feet, no sunglasses, no cell phone, no shoes, and not much for memories. I know I washed my hair in the lake so I think thats where my sunglasses went and my phone I have absolutely no clue. As for my feet... I think my shoes are in the lake but the blisters took some pawndering. I originaly thought it was cause I went for a walk in my husband boots that are like a gazillion sizes too big but I couldn't remember them actually hurting and the location of wounds didn't seem right. It wasn't until yesterday that I figured it out... I stepped on hot embers that popped outta the fire!

No doubt I had a lot of fun but damn, I am still paying for it days later.... both literally and physcially!:drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Sounds like an awesome time!

Mon - 0
    Tues -0
    Wed -0
    Thurs - will also be 0.

Still planning on saving drink time for saturday night I think. I have my first 2 day weekend, that lands on actual weekend days like normal people, in weeks! :drinker: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    wow what a camping trip Kasi. Who knew you were a "fire walker" :laugh:

I had a few vodka sugar free lemonades last night but I decided not to have dinner because I was so tired so I think it was a calorie wash. I haven't logged food for a while. I really need to get back into the swing of things.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    oops...here we are.

In other news, I'm still a lush. No changes to report.