MEAT Me at the Beach: 7/7-7/10 weigh-in

Options

Replies

• lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy! Too bad this weekend I took about 10 steps back :(
    It's all good though, this week I won't be weighing in I don't think but I'm going to push myself super hard to make up for my naughty weekend of booze & picnic foods.. easily consumed 5-6000 extra calories between 3 days, GROSS!
    HOWEVER! I can & will be back the the grind first thing tomorrow morning.
  • sparkle327
    sparkle327 Posts: 98
    Options
    Challenge Reflection: I don't think I will meet my goal this week. I was very realistic at a goal of ,5 lbs per week. But I completely thru caution to the wind a couple of weeks in a row. I was just tired of always being mindful about what I was eating.

So, my 1st mini- goal is 134. My last weigh in was 135.6. My guess is that I will probably weigh in somewhere between 135 - 135.6 this week.

But I think I have control of the eating situation again. This has been a good week so far.

Good luck to everyone with the weigh in!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Previous Weight 179.5
    CW 179.5
    Mini-goal 176
    Weigh-in in 3 days
    Daily loss needed: 1 lbs
    Realistic? NO
    How will I do it? Revising mini goal to 178.5 but would like to keep my goal weight at 170.

FOCUS: WATER!

My body's going through another 9-pound funk where I gain / lose the same 2 pounds over and over. TOM's finally here, but that's totally off schedule.

I've been keeping track of my calories burned via my BodyBugg, and I've been bouncing between 400 - 600 calories / day under for the last two weeks. Either I'm really underestimating my calories (which could be) or I must be retaining water (more likely).

Whenever this happens, I usually end up with a really good week. So I'll keep my goal conservative for Saturday, and still keep the overall goal to give my body some time to adjust. But it probably won't be this week! :noway:
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Although I to normally weigh in on Thursday I might wait a bit as well since I really think I won't be able to make it to the 215 goal I have made for myself although I was really hoping I would. Well means I will have to work extra hard to make it to the next mini goal!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WEEK 4
    (16-20 category)

Starting weight :160lb
    Current Weight: 148.2 (passed through that 150 plateau!)
    Goal weight: 144
    # of lbs/kg to lose :16lb
    Weight Category : Reduce!

6/9: **start of challenge** 160
    6/16: 155.2! :D
    6/23: 150.4
    6/30: 150.4 (TOM)
    7/7: 148.2
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 147>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 144>>>

really pleased with myself for getting it back on track, think my weight loss though might actually be due to the fact i indulged this weekend and it kick started my metabolism again which is great! been trying to exercise as much as possible at classes (i find i work harder as people are watching)
    fingers crossed another lb for next week! xx
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    REVISED

Old category 16-20 lbs loss category
    New category: Feeling alive losing 21-25

7/7 weight 141.4

Current Weight (As of today): 152
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 132
    Weight Category: reduce
    6/9: **start of challenge** 152
    6/16: 148
    6/23: 146.5
    6/30: 143.2
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 141 actual weight is 141.4 lbs. I was close, but forgot to account for TOM when I set my goals :(
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight ___>>> 135
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight ___>>> 130
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I set a realistic goal of an average of 1 lb a week during this challenge, knowing that likely some weeks would be better than others. Last week I weighed 202.5 and my mini goal is 202. It seemed it would be a breeze to lose that half poind in a week, but it's been a bit of a bumpy ride the last couple of days, so who know?? I don't weigh in till Sunday morning though so there's still hope! :tongue:
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Ugh...Apparently that last 1 lb for the revised mini goal was unattainable. I AM still on track with my original goals, though.

Here's my newly revised chart:
    Current Weight (As of today): 330.6 (down 2.2 lbs this week)
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 315
    Weight Category: REDUCE! 26lbs or more group
    6/9: **start of challenge**
    6/16: 340.2
    6/23: 336.4
    6/30: 332.8
    7/7: 330.6
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 324>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 315>>>
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    No WI for me this week. I'm up at the cabin with no scale. See you next week!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Continued on from last week's *focus* I didn't want to reassess my goals, or put too much pressure on myself weight and exercise-wise...
    So I've tried to be less hard on myself with HAVING to squeeze in the exercise, or trying desperately to lose *extra* weight. I know my diet and exercise levels are working, I can feel it in my clothes - I'm going to focus less on the scales and more how my body is feeling day-to-day....
    So because of this I didn't reassess my mini-goals - I hit the first one 2 weeks ago, but last week I didn't lose, and I didn't want to feel bad if I hadn't lost again this week.

I'm REALLY happy with 1lb gone this week!

WEEK 4 RESULT: 188
    Starting Weight (Challenge): 193
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 181 (-12lbs I hope at least 1 a week is realistic)
    Weight Category: reduce (goodbye fat jeans)

6/9: **start of challenge** 193
    6/16: 192
    6/23: 189
    6/30: 189
    7/7: 188
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 185>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 181>>>
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    Current weight 151.5
    Feeling alive... losing 21-25!

6/9: 160.5
    6/16: 158.5
    6/23: 156.5
    6/30: 154.5
    7/7: 151.5 <goal weight 152>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 143 >>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 135>>>

Do the math! I made my goal weight, so I guess my goal was reasonable and realistic. I know it's getting harder to see that 2 pound loss every week; right now about 5000 calories comes out of my diet and 2000 comes from exercising (and not eating those calories back). I think 1.5 lbs per week might be a little more realistic going forward, but seeing 135 as the final goal (even as opposed to 140) is so inspiring for me that I'm not going to revise anything yet.

One more week and I should be leaving the land of the overweight… if that's not motivation, I don't know what is!
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    Ok. Super long story involving an evil analog scale and my large capacity for self-delusion. When it's not so raw anymore I'll blog about it, but for now I need to revise my challenge start weight to:

Ouch. At least you stepped up, got the new scale, and can move forward with a reliable indicator of your progress now. Still sucks though...
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Current Weight (As of today):
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st):
    Weight Category:
    6/9: 142 Lbs
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: 140 lbs even steven
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<129>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<122>>>

*personal rant*
    I burn over 2000 cals per week exersising, spinning, personal trainer twice a week, two days of solid cardio - I know it's my eating habbits! I can't see to eat less! I eat more than my husband, I know it's 'Just do it' or 'you can do it' but what do I do if I'm starving? I'm having a VERY hard time with this eating! I'm doing my first cleanse right now, hoping it can jump start me into some healthier eating habbits, I just need to grow a pair and get on with it.

This past week hasn't helped me at all, I was traveling with work - 20 hours there, worked 22 hour days for three days (6 hours sleep all weekend) then 20 hours back home - we were in the middle of the woods, and all I ate was BBQ and junk cuz that's all that's available in the woods, so I'm not shocked that I didnt lose! BUT I'm a FAR FAR Cry from my goal of 135 lbs from this week ...
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump

gonna work hard!!! I have to make up for what i gained i am getting there! 184.3 as of tuesday!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    weigh in day and I'm happy to say I lost 2 lbs. I went from 177.4 to now weighing 175.4. My mini goal was to reach 175 lbs and since I'm in the 175's I take it as a successfully reached goal :bigsmile:

:heart: Pam:heart:

I hope you get some great rest Vic & thanks again for this challenge!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Previous Weight (PW), Current Weight (CW), Mini-goal (MG). You can find out your "Daily loss needed" by doing the following:
    (CW - MG) divided by # of days till weigh-in = amt to lose per day
    example: (162-161) / 4 = 0.25

Mosneakers!!!
    Previous Weight 196.8
    CW 192.4 (as of 7/1)
    Mini-goal 188
    Weigh-in in 1 days
    Daily loss needed: 3.6 lbs
    Realistic? Hmmmm, probably not.
    How will I do it? Keep the water and exercising high and the carbs and sodium low. (And not beat myself up if I'm not 188 tomorrow).

This is a great tool!! I'm thinking my choices on vacation derailed me this week. But, it is what it is...I can't not go on vacation because I'm watching what I'm eating!! At least I continued to log all of my food.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge earlier this week, but just hadn't posted it.

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Do the Math!
    I'm 6.6 lbs away from my mini goal. :laugh: I'm gonna continue doing Ri30, and I've got Zumba tonight, and that will help me move forward. I'm also eating better again, since yesterday I went a little crazy, but I re-assessed some stuff, which put things back into perspective.

(Since then, I haven't been doing any of this... :noway: )

PW: 182.6
    CW: 178.6
    Mini-goal: 172
    Weigh-in in: 4 days
    Daily loss: 1.65
    Realistic? NO
    How will I do it: Pray! Readjust mini-goal to 178, workout (Ri30), eat right (1200 net, so long sugar!), calm down/stress less/meditate.

THIS WEEK'S REFLECTION: Are you realistic?
    My first mini-goal USED to be realistic. Looking at my history of progress, it's really not. I'm lucky if I don't end the month ahead of where I started in most cases, and I've been bopping around the low 180s and high 170s for a really long time now. I'll adjust my mini GW this week and the second one as well, to something I might be able to reach.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Serenifly...
    *personal rant*
    I burn over 2000 cals per week exersising, spinning, personal trainer twice a week, two days of solid cardio - I know it's my eating habbits! I can't see to eat less! I eat more than my husband, I know it's 'Just do it' or 'you can do it' but what do I do if I'm starving? I'm having a VERY hard time with this eating! I'm doing my first cleanse right now, hoping it can jump start me into some healthier eating habbits, I just need to grow a pair and get on with it.
    Welcome to my year! I was working out like a madwoman, and saw maybe 5 lbs gone. But I eat like a madwoman too! I'm so scared to get hungry and not have food for a long time. When I go out, I usually eat like, a MEAL, before I go, to make sure I won't be hungry, EVEN if I just ate a meal an hour or 2 earlier! :explode: I did a cleanse for 2 days a month or so ago, and it made me feel much better! Lots of fruits and veggies mostly, and a few nuts (all raw foods). I was thinking to do it again, but I don't have that much fruit/veggies/money right now. Hope it goes really well for you!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I set a realistic goal of an average of 1 lb a week during this challenge, knowing that likely some weeks would be better than others. Last week I weighed 202.5 and my mini goal is 202. It seemed it would be a breeze to lose that half poind in a week, but it's been a bit of a bumpy ride the last couple of days, so who know?? I don't weigh in till Sunday morning though so there's still hope! :tongue:
    [/quote

You can do it, Bella!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Current Weight (As of today): 88.2kgs (194 pounds)
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 79kgs (174 pounds)
    Weight Category: Reduce - getting rid of heaps!
    6/9: **start of challenge** 90kgs
    6/16: 89.5kgs
    6/23: 90.4kgs
    7/3: 88.2kgs
    7/10: <<<mini goal weight >>> 87.5kgs
    7/17:
    7/24:
    7/31:
    8/7: <<<mini goal weight >>> 83kgs
    8/14:
    8/21:
    8/28:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight >>> 79.9kgs

PW:
    CW: 87.2
    Mini-goal: 87.5
    Weigh-in in: 2 days
    Daily loss:
    Realistic? surpassed!
    How will I do it: readjust mini goal to 86.9kgs! that's 150g loss needed a day. i'm going out for dinner tonight, so will have to make sure i keep up with the water. i'm only doing (exercise wise) 30ds tomorrow as i have a 10k run on sunday and i'll weigh in after that.