Biggest Loser Challenge

Options

Replies

• tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    I've seen a couple of you make this one your challenge last week & it is a real good one. So, here it goes it will be the challenge for this week. The team challenge is not to eat your exercise calories. Good luck everyone.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    sorry team about the exercise calories .. but i wont be meeting it, just wanted to tell you that in advance : ( i dont mean to bring the team down. However, ive been losing weight consistently and I always eat some of my calories back not all but normally at least half. My cousin who is a fitness trainer and runs her own bootcamp says this is the common misunderstanding people have to not eat them back and that your body needs these extra calories as energy, especially since MFP already factors in your working out into your calorie goal when you set your goal. I personally always eat mine back because i cant only eat 1200 calories and I want to continuing eating them since thats what works for me (everyones different)... so ya sorry in advance team.. i dont mean to bring us down on the charts but I have 4 lb to lose in by sept 4 and im so far on that track.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    Height: 5’6
    Weight: 142
    Waist: 29.5
    Hips: 37.5
    Wrist: 6
    Forearm: 8.75

....so no changes.

Did not make my goal to stay under 150g carbs.

188 min. exercise
    Sorry to my teammates - I'm obviously stuck in a plateau.
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My stats..

Weight 176.2
    Measurements unchanged...

minutes of exercise - 330

Met my challenge of staying under on carbs and drinking 10 cups of water a day...

• Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser challenge check in for August 19, 2011

Weight: 169
    Waist: 33.5
    Hips: 43.5
    Wrist: 6
    Forearm: 10

Exercise @ 445 minutes

I did meet this weeks challenge. I am not sure I can commit to not eating back any of the exercise calories. 1200 a day with all of my exercise seems a little extreme. I will try to only eat half of my calories back as my goal for this week.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry AMorgan, I agree with you, and I can tell that I will not meet the challenge either. I sometimes lose a thousand calories on a workout and I just can't eat only 1200 calories a day that way. I'm then starving, dizzy, tired, and I can't work. This is how my body works.

I know some other members of the Unstoppable Panthers are uncomfortable with this challenge as well so I just want to say to my members that even if this puts us down in the ranking, we should do what we think is best for us. So I encourage you to set up our own challenges and keep up with how you're doing (which is : fantastic!!).

sorry team about the exercise calories .. but i wont be meeting it, just wanted to tell you that in advance : ( i dont mean to bring the team down. However, ive been losing weight consistently and I always eat some of my calories back not all but normally at least half. My cousin who is a fitness trainer and runs her own bootcamp says this is the common misunderstanding people have to not eat them back and that your body needs these extra calories as energy, especially since MFP already factors in your working out into your calorie goal when you set your goal. I personally always eat mine back because i cant only eat 1200 calories and I want to continuing eating them since thats what works for me (everyones different)... so ya sorry in advance team.. i dont mean to bring us down on the charts but I have 4 lb to lose in by sept 4 and im so far on that track.
  • Merrinoel
    Merrinoel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ht: 5' 7"
    Wt: 186.6

Waist: 34.5"
    Hips: 43"

Forearm: 10"
    Wrist: 6.25"

Exercise minutes: 365

Did not meet challenge of carbs below 150 everyday. :-(

Sorry, Sizzlers. Spgabby, awesome job! Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    OK, guys, have thought about this a lot today and I am not going to do the not eating back your exercise calories challenge either. I know everyone's journey is different, but I have dealt with obesity my entire adult life, and this journey toward health began 3 and a half years ago.. It took me a long time, and only recently have I begun eating a healthy amount of food each day, and that includes replenishing my body after strenuous workouts... Since I began eating back my exercise calories I feel better, have SO much more energy, and have actually lost more weight.. For me, I will be taking steps back instead of forward to participate...

Having said that, I totally respect Tsumpter's choice as moderator to choose whatever challenge she wants, and appreciate your willingness to put all this together and keep us going each week. I applaud and appreciate you. I know this is a controversial subject and we all have different opinions. So..here's to a GREAT week for everyone. No matter your goal or challenge, just keep pressing on!!!

My challenge this week will be to eat less processed sugar and continue to drink 10 cups of water daily..

Here's to a great week!!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Weight: 183.8
    Height: 5ft (yes Im a short *kitten* hehe)
    Waist: 36.5
    Hip: 40.5
    Forearm: 10.75
    Wrist: 6.75
    Bust: 44.5
    Thighs: 25
    Exercise (mins): 240 mins
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Weight: 183.8
    Height: 5ft (yes Im a short *kitten* hehe)
    Waist: 36.5
    Hip: 40.5
    Forearm: 10.75
    Wrist: 6.75
    Bust: 44.5
    Thighs: 25
    Exercise (mins): 240 mins
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    OK, guys, have thought about this a lot today and I am not going to do the not eating back your exercise calories challenge either. I know everyone's journey is different, but I have dealt with obesity my entire adult life, and this journey toward health began 3 and a half years ago.. It took me a long time, and only recently have I begun eating a healthy amount of food each day, and that includes replenishing my body after strenuous workouts... Since I began eating back my exercise calories I feel better, have SO much more energy, and have actually lost more weight.. For me, I will be taking steps back instead of forward to participate...

Having said that, I totally respect Tsumpter's choice as moderator to choose whatever challenge she wants, and appreciate your willingness to put all this together and keep us going each week. I applaud and appreciate you. I know this is a controversial subject and we all have different opinions. So..here's to a GREAT week for everyone. No matter your goal or challenge, just keep pressing on!!!

Well said :) and yes Tsumpter you are awesome for doing all this :) my own little challenge will be to drink at least 12 cups water a day and make sure I stay under sodium and workout at least 5days (not counting the cleaning I log - which when I do this I really clean for 3hrs and only log 1). 5 is a goal I want to meet I have not been pushing myself like I did in the beginning working out everyday

My challenge this week will be to eat less processed sugar and continue to drink 10 cups of water daily..

Here's to a great week!!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Aw man :( I wish I saw/joined the site earlier
  • FatBoyTriathlete
    FatBoyTriathlete Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey back from holidays and ready to get back at it!

I like the challenge this week, I know everyone is different so just to let you know I'm in for the challenge this week. As someone who used to do long distance triathlons I know I'm fine with this, there are days when I've burnt the best part of 10,000 calories and the truth is it's simply not possible to eat all of them back. I've always gone with the 'eat until you're not hungry' after exercise and I challenge anyone to eat 10,000 calories and still feel hungry :) (please don't really try it!).

I know everyone is different and my wife is one of those that can't do this, she becomes all dizzy and shaky if she isn't close to eating back her exercise calories which is why she's never done more than a sprint triathlon so I totally understand this is not for everyone.

Again thanks tsumpter for organising this, I'm sure we all really appreciate, I know I certainly do.
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi, I have decided to modify my challenge for this week, to keep net calories under 1300. Whether that is or isn't eating back exercise calories depends on how much I work out. I am also going to work at watching my sodium in take. I hope this is ok with everyone, I tend to not feel well if net calories are too low. I hope everyone has a good week.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've seen a couple of you make this one your challenge last week & it is a real good one. So, here it goes it will be the challenge for this week. The team challenge is not to eat your exercise calories. Good luck everyone.

Like have other have posted I will not be meeting this challenge...I have to eat a portion of my exercised calories in order to even hit 1000 net calories - so I know this will not work for me...I'm ok with not eating back all my exercies but to not eat any of them would not be "healthy"

Is there another challenge perhaps for those of us that feel it would not be in their best "phyiscal health/interest" to do this? Maybe the goal should be to only eat 1/2 of your exercise points?
  • tsumpter
    Options
    okay I see were several of you our worried that this weeks challenge will hurt you instead of help you. For those of you that aren't comfortable with this challenge. You may do a challenge that you are comfortable. If you are comfortable with eating half of the calories back or if you would like your challenge to be something else. That will be fine...just do what you are comfortable with.
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    Tsumpter,
    Thanks SO much for your willingness to allow us to alter our challenges this week!! I am going to be sure to drink at least 10 cups of water daily, and eat less sugar each day. I haven't really decided how to qualify that yet. Since MFP doesn't differentiate between healthy sugar and processed, I don't really go by the number, but I do want to be aware of and put a LOT less processed sugar in my mouth..:)

Again, thanks Tsumpter.. You are an exceptional leader of this challenge!!!

Here's to a great week everyone!!
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    okay I see were several of you our worried that this weeks challenge will hurt you instead of help you. For those of you that aren't comfortable with this challenge. You may do a challenge that you are comfortable. If you are comfortable with eating half of the calories back or if you would like your challenge to be something else. That will be fine...just do what you are comfortable with.
    Sounds good! By the way, Thanks for keeping track of everything and starting this challenge. IT has been a great motivator, to not only lose weight but to actually keep track of measurements. Up to this challenge I had only been keeping track of weight. Knowing I am losing inches, especially as I try to work out more is a good thing. My work doesn't always show on the scale.

Thanks again
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Tsumpter,
    Thanks SO much for your willingness to allow us to alter our challenges this week!! I am going to be sure to drink at least 10 cups of water daily, and eat less sugar each day. I haven't really decided how to qualify that yet. Since MFP doesn't differentiate between healthy sugar and processed, I don't really go by the number, but I do want to be aware of and put a LOT less processed sugar in my mouth..:)

Again, thanks Tsumpter.. You are an exceptional leader of this challenge!!!

Here's to a great week everyone!!

I agree that there was a way to track the sugar & be able to break it out. The sugar kills me....
  • ardeornellis
    Options
    I've already blown my sugar for today...:( I stayed under calories but just had an off day... Looking forward to tomorrow..