Biggest Loser Challenge

Options
I've loss 20 lbs. and need an additional motivation. So, I'm starting a Biggest Loser Challenge for anyone that is interested. The Challenge will begin July 8, 2011 and will go until October 8, 2011. There will be 2 parts to our challenge. Weight loss that will be calculated by using a formula that will take in consideration your weight loss %, BMI and fat %. The 2nd part is your work out/exercise time.

On July 8, 2011 give your starting weight, waist measurement, neck measurement, hip measurement, forearm measurement and bust measurement.

Then each following Friday give your updated weight, measurements and exercise totals for the week. The formula takes in account inches loss, muscle gain, BMI reduction and weight loss. Which is not goood but great because sometimes we don't loss weight but inches and I know that you get discourage because I do. I've had to keep telling myself that getting healthly doesn't just mean losing the pounds but it is also being able to workout an hour without feeling like I'm going to die and losing the inchs. I keep telling myself that it all has to come together and seeing the results on paper-helps to bring everyting to reality.

I will chart everyones progress and post the biggest loser for each week. Then at the end of the 3 months I will post the overall Biggest Loser. I know that we can do this and be there for each other. Yes, I'm challenging all of MFP to make me accountable for my actions. Lets do this....:happy:

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!! I think you have a fantastic idea and thanks so much for helping encourage the rest of us. This week i GAINED a pound after all the hard work of being precise with calories and exercising 5 of 7 days. SO YES~ i'm in!!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You can count me in! =D
  • jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm game, if I can weigh in on the 7th instead of the 8th and then weigh in on the 18th. I'm going to be on vacation, and we are camping, so we will not have any access to scales (sorry, I was already made to promise not to take them with me for my weigh in which are Monday's). Do I add you as a Friend, is there a certain page that I have to join.... (I've been here for awhile, still a newbie...just started doing the Forums) and can I bring friends lol.
  • Libby9
    Libby9 Posts: 45
    Options
    I need motivation - So i'm in!!!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN. I need to get my butt re-motivated and working harder. I've hit a lull and keep maintaining instead of losing!
  • princesssports
    Options
    i am definately in.......infact i am already doing a biggest looser comp with 11 other ladies and we are 3.5 weeks in and i am down 12 or so pounds so yes i am in competition is motivation:)
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! Like you, I lost 20 pounds and I've been stuck there for ages!!! I need motivation!!
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    sounds great...anytime this week is fine to start and end. I made it the 8th to give everyone time to get prepared and etc. Whatever is easiest for you.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    The month of June I didn't lose an ounce. So, discouraging but being on mfp helped to know that I'm not the only one that is struggling and the motivation from total strangers helps so much.
  • sunflowr2007
    Options
    How do i join??? i would love to be a part of this too!!!!
  • tlrunyon
    tlrunyon Posts: 127
    Options
    What do we need to do to start?
  • jjbranc
    jjbranc Posts: 27
    Options
    I'd love to join. I need some extra motivation.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    How do i join??? i would love to be a part of this too!!!!

I have you in.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I was doing well this summer and working out and such but an starting to lose the drive and motivation needed. Hopefully this can keep me back on track. :) It doesn't help that I've been working a lot at my job, which is a movie theaters. There is just too much popcorn surrounding me!
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a half marathon on October 16th and am hoping to shed 20-30lbs. Seems impossible some days! I don't know if I can get measurements in by Friday. I don't have a measuring tape. I will pop into the dollar store if I get a chance!!
  • changedbutterfly
    Options
    This is def what I need. I need to be accountable for! I am in!
  • fitsherry
    fitsherry Posts: 86
    Options
    I would love to join. I need the extra motivation to work out more and eliminate a couple things from my diet.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think I want to do this, and I mean REALLY do this! I've been slacking and I really need some serious motivation. Hoping I just found it here :)
  • margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    add me :)