SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    July 6 - 529 calories burned

Karen
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    7/6/2011 - 257 calories
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    6,702 calories burned for Day 6 of the challenge - 134 miles! Way to go!

Reminder, tomorrow is a double day!
  • 6,702 calories burned for Day 6 of the challenge - 134 miles! Way to go!

We're doing great! Oh - and I'm not sure I fully understand that betting calories burned challenge. Anyone else confused?
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    [/quote]

We're doing great! Oh - and I'm not sure I fully understand that betting calories burned challenge. Anyone else confused?
    [/quote]

I'm confused about the betting too... :-\
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    I think the betting challenge is we have to pick another team and "bet" on the amount of calories our team will burn that day. If we don't burn what we say we will the other team will get our calories(miles for that day) and our ship will go backwards instead of forward. I will look at the link again but that's what I remember from it.

GO SHRINKING SHIP!!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    my exercise calories for today are 210. sorry its not much. kinda taking it easy
  • marshalemar
    Team...I just looked at the map (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004a634fce3156d39f06&msa=0) and it looks like we are trailing behind but not in last place - there are 2 ships behind us. We are doing great as a team and getting healthier but if we want to win, we have to get moving a little bit more. I know life is hectic for all of us but if we can each add a few calories to our burns each day, we can get better. And remember, tomorrow's burns are doubled!
  • marshalemar
    my exercise calories for today are 210. sorry its not much. kinda taking it easy

No problem....a little burn is better than no burn at all! Thanks.
  • marshalemar
    6,702 calories burned for Day 6 of the challenge - 134 miles! Way to go!

Okay, here's what I understand of the challenge for Sunday - we will be paired up with another boat in the same area as we are....the challenge is to burn more calories that day than the other boat. Each boat places a "bet" the number of calories they are comfortable with. If we burn more than the other boat for the day, we get the number of calories they bet but if we burn less than the other boat for the day, we have to give them the number of calories we bet and that amount is reduced from our total for the day. So , if we bet more than we burn then we will go negative and actually travel backward for the day. Does this make sense?

We probably should start tossing around numbers that we feel that we are willing to bet? My idea is to average our days so far and bet 1/2 of that amount - just to be safe.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    7/7 I burned 611 calories. I cleaned a friends house!!It was alot of work!!:yawn:
  • cougs12
    tomorrow i'm working a 41/2 hour shift. i spend a good part walking around as its a retail job. anyone know how i should log this?
  • anewattitude
    Today ( July 7) I burned 665 calories. I was trying to take it easy with a shorter bike ride but then got in a cleaning mood as well! ha ha!
  • anewattitude
    tomorrow i'm working a 41/2 hour shift. i spend a good part walking around as its a retail job. anyone know how i should log this?

If you have a heart rat monitor I would suggest wearing it but assuming you don't I would just estimate roughly how long you spend walking ( ie: half your shift) then use the exercise data base. There is a walking moderate pace in there you can use.

hope that helps!
  • anewattitude
    ooops.. heart rate.. not rat! lol
  • 507 calories for today 7/7
  • cougs12
    add another 23 to mine. so my total should be 233 for 7/7. tomorrow and this weekend will be big burns for me with working all weekend.
  • 7/7 calories burned 366

I will do better 2mrw :)
  • myboysmomx2
    7/7 I burned 527 calories today.
  • myboysmomx2
    I think the betting challenge is we have to pick another team and "bet" on the amount of calories our team will burn that day. If we don't burn what we say we will the other team will get our calories(miles for that day) and our ship will go backwards instead of forward. I will look at the link again but that's what I remember from it.

GO SHRINKING SHIP!!

I know that tomorrow, 7/8, is double day, but when is the betting day? If the betting day works as stated above, and if it falls sometime this weekend, then I estimate that I will burn a solid 1,000 calories on Friday 7/8, Saturday 7/9, and Sunday 7/10 because we will be camping and we have swimming, hiking, and power walking planned. As long as we have good weather, then I'll get good calorie burns on those days. If our team participates in the "betting," you can count on me to get my burns in.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.