Shrinking Ship (Team forum)

Options

Replies

• Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    715 calories burned today! I'm shooting for 1,000 tomorrow!

Found this great chart. If you don't have a heart rate monitor, it might be a bit more accurate than the mfp database.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/CalorieBurnChart.htm

I sit all day at work...chained to my desk. But I'm going to challenge myself to get up 10 minutes out of every hour and do 10 squats. I get to work at 0730, so my goal is to do 70 squats tomorrow while at work. After calculating from that chart, that would mean I'd burn close to 500 extra calories tomorrow just from adding the squats! I'm going to wear my hrm to see how accurate the chart is.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    7/7 I burned 527 calories today.

The betting day is Sunday. Sounds like you have some great calorie burns planned for the weekend!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    ooops something went wrong.. I was trying to reply to myboysmomx2... betting day is Sunday
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    I think the betting challenge is we have to pick another team and "bet" on the amount of calories our team will burn that day. If we don't burn what we say we will the other team will get our calories(miles for that day) and our ship will go backwards instead of forward. I will look at the link again but that's what I remember from it.

GO SHRINKING SHIP!!

I know that tomorrow, 7/8, is double day, but when is the betting day? If the betting day works as stated above, and if it falls sometime this weekend, then I estimate that I will burn a solid 1,000 calories on Friday 7/8, Saturday 7/9, and Sunday 7/10 because we will be camping and we have swimming, hiking, and power walking planned. As long as we have good weather, then I'll get good calorie burns on those days. If our team participates in the "betting," you can count on me to get my burns in.

Thanks!

The betting day is on Sunday......
  • marshalemar
    Options

Found this great chart. If you don't have a heart rate monitor, it might be a bit more accurate than the mfp database.

I sit all day at work...chained to my desk. But I'm going to challenge myself to get up 10 minutes out of every hour and do 10 squats. I get to work at 0730, so my goal is to do 70 squats tomorrow while at work. After calculating from that chart, that would mean I'd burn close to 500 extra calories tomorrow just from adding the squats! I'm going to wear my hrm to see how accurate the chart is.
    Sounds like a great idea - I am also at work sitting at a desk - getting up and doing squats throughout the day would be an idea, wonder what my co-workers would think?
  • Tryin2findme
    Options

Sounds like a great idea - I am also at work sitting at a desk - getting up and doing squats throughout the day would be an idea, wonder what my co-workers would think?

Awesome!!!
  • Tryin2findme
    Options
    This is awesome! I am going to challenge myself to do the same!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    7/7 269 calories
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Round two of squats!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    7/7 - 0

Team mates I am leaving on a roadtrip vacation on Sunday with no computer access for the week. Sunday I will be in the car most of the day!

Are we allowed to substitute a team player? If so I can ask if any of my friends would like to take my place on our team for the week I am away or if someone has a friend in mind that would be great.

Thanks

Karen
  • marshalemar
    Options
    7/7 - 0

Team mates I am leaving on a roadtrip vacation on Sunday with no computer access for the week. Sunday I will be in the car most of the day!

Are we allowed to substitute a team player? If so I can ask if any of my friends would like to take my place on our team for the week I am away or if someone has a friend in mind that would be great.

Thanks

Karen

Let me ask and see if we are allowed substitutions - what a great idea! We have one team member that has been on vacation this week so we have been working one day - never thought of substitutions. I'll let you guys know what I find out.
  • marshalemar
    Options
    7/7 - 0

Thanks

Karen

Let me ask and see if we are allowed substitutions - what a great idea! We have one team member that has been on vacation this week so we have been working one day - never thought of substitutions. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Okay, the official reading is that we cannot have substitutions to cover vacations. However, any calories burned by the team member on vacation can be logged and reported when they return. So, make sure you keep a log of any exercise you do while on vacation and we will get a boost when you return. We do have 1 member on vacation this week and will be reporting when she returns this weekend as well so that will help.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Aye Aye Captain!

This is an adventure vacation so hopefully lots of calories burned!

Go team!

Karen
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    calories burned for 7/8 is 635. working tonight so hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • marshalemar
    Options
    calories burned for 7/8 is 635. working tonight so hope everyone has a great weekend.

Great thanks......that doubles to 1270 - awesome! Have a nice evening at work!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    1102 for 7/8

Hooyah!!! I totally brought it today...in this heat and humidity I owned my 90 minute run the best that I could and I will be ending my night with a walk with my family. Hope everyone else is being the best versions of themselves today and through another weekend. A cheat MEAL is better than a cheat DAY and equally helpful! Just a tip going into another summer weekend where it's sooo easy to indulge.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    7/8 437 calories!! Double it up!! :D
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    1,156 calories burned today! Times two looks so good on that...OH YEAH! Getting up every hour for 10 minutes and doing squats, walking around, etc at work really made a HUGE difference.
  • Tryin2findme
    Options
    633 calories burned today..lets double that ;0)
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    7/8 burned 311 calories