Casey Anthony Trial!!!

Options

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The verdict does make me angry, but I think Karma will get her.
    Think about it- In trying to save her own *kitten*,she ruined her relationship with everyone who had been supporting her-Friends and her Family for sure. None of them will come to her aid after this.
    She won't be able to make new friends to mootch off of because everyone knows what kind of person she really is now.
    She doesn't have that mask of the sweet girl anymore.
    She'll never be able to get a job. Not even flipping burgers somewhere. Everywhere she goes, everyone will blame her for it.
    She won't be able to go shopping without getting confronted and screamed at or have things thrown at her. Oh, and the whispers. Everywhere she goes, people will point and whisper about how she should have gotten the chair.
    She will constantly be reminded of what she did and constantly be held accountable by society instead of getting to sit in a tiny room and watch tv for 50 years.
    For someone who cared SO much about their self image, I think it's almost poetic in a way.

I disagree. While we all hope that happens, unfortunately, people will forget all about who she is, and I bet within 2 years she can walk anywhere and not be recognized.

Really? Everyone stills remmebers oj and this will be the same.

No it won't. OJ was famous long before he did it. This girl was a nobody, and will go back to being a nobody.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Think about it- In trying to save her own *kitten*,she ruined her relationship with everyone who had been supporting her-Friends and her Family for sure. None of them will come to her aid after this.
    She won't be able to make new friends to mootch off of because everyone knows what kind of person she really is now.
    She'll never be able to get a job. Not even flipping burgers somewhere. Everywhere she goes, everyone will blame her for it.
    She won't be able to go shopping without getting confronted and screamed at or have things thrown at her. Oh, and the whispers. Everywhere she goes, people will point and whisper about how she should have gotten the chair.
    She will constantly be reminded of what she did and constantly be held accountable by society instead of getting to sit in a tiny room and watch tv for 50 years.
    For someone who cared SO much about their self image, I think it's almost poetic in a way.

I disagree. While we all hope that happens, unfortunately, people will forget all about who she is, and I bet within 2 years she can walk anywhere and not be recognized.

No it won't. OJ was famous long before he did it. This girl was a nobody, and will go back to being a nobody.

I disagree. She won't be forgotten. Not everyone is that ignorant, and sure as hell not that forgiving.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    The real tragedy is that children are being abused and killed every minute of every day and perfectly able-bodied individuals who would / should be able to help or contribute in some way are too busy being glued to the TV set, all the while spouting perfunctory claims as to the guilt of the defendant as if they had psychic powers. It's a sad, sad situation, and an innocent child is dead. But a guilty verdict won't bring her back to life, a death sentence will not serve justice... only to fulfill some ancient monkey gene within us to satisfy bloodlust.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    My half-sister was in the courtroom during one of the trials and she was thrown out because she started yelling at Casey. Its soo stupid about the verdict!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    When things like this happen, it's a real shot to the gut for all who pay attention and get emotionally attatched. But just remember, our justice system was never meant to be perfect for going after criminals, it was designed to protect the rights of the innocent and the accused alike. Maybe she did do the murder, I have know idea and did not watch the trial one iota, but if you need to comfort yourself, take solace that even though this girls murder did not come to justice, her trial is a reminder that even those accused of the most heinous crimes get a fair shake, and that is the reason we breathe so easily, knowing we do not have an invasive government that can violate us at will. I weep for the child, but give thanks for the freedom.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    We can all hope that someone will chloroform her *kitten* soon, and maybe throw her in a swamp....can't believe a child murderer was just set free.....sickening
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    Although... if she's going to walk free. She won't live for very long. Someone will kill her. There's no doubt about that. Let's hope it's soon.
    Agreed. That was my thinking, too.

It will most likely be while she "serves time" for LYING TO A POLICE OFFICER! (are you ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!) My heart just aches for Caylee... GEEZ..
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    This is a weight loss website,Hon.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    People are NOT STUPID...You people listen to a BUNCH of TV PUNDITS and go with THEIR Prejudices, they Skew evidence just like in Politics and YOU follow THEM. EVIDENCE...What can the Prosecutor PROVE?! Just like with O.J. the EVIDENCE was NOT there for MURDER! THIS is OUR system, do you want to Trash it because of a case YOU don't agree with every 20 years...HELL NO!

NOW MOVE ON!!!

So, in other words the justice system is so fragile that even though you know she alone could have been responsible for the death of her kid, and since all evidence of it lost or destroyed, that she can just get away with murder? Gee, isn't that comforting to know. Sounds like such a great system, doesn't it?

You mean a system that says, "What you know doesn't matter, what you can prove is everything"

Yes, it's a great system. Does it sometimes let scumbags go? Yeah. Does it sometimes put innocent people away? Sadly, yes.

But it beats a system where a gut-feeling is all that it takes to put someone away for life, (or worse.)
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When things like this happen, it's a real shot to the gut for all who pay attention and get emotionally attatched. But just remember, our justice system was never meant to be perfect for going after criminals, it was designed to protect the rights of the innocent and the accused alike. Maybe she did do the murder, I have know idea and did not watch the trial one iota, but if you need to comfort yourself, take solace that even though this girls murder did not come to justice, her trial is a reminder that even those accused of the most heinous crimes get a fair shake, and that is the reason we breathe so easily, knowing we do not have an invasive government that can violate us at will. I weep for the child, but give thanks for the freedom.

high five dude. my sentiments exactly.
  • brewingaz
    Options

I disagree. She won't be forgotten. Not everyone is that ignorant, and sure as hell not that forgiving.

No one said anything about forgiving her. I'm just saying that in 2 years, that waste of life can get a hair cut and walk about the streets and no one will recognize her. Her name is forever ruined but she'll still be able to go wherever she wants and not be pointed at and called murderer.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am so disapointed. its a sad day in the justice system
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    We can all hope that someone will chloroform her *kitten* soon, and maybe throw her in a swamp....can't believe a child murderer was just set free.....sickening

If thats even a bad enough form of punishment ......Totally sickened by the entire thing
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

No one said anything about forgiving her. I'm just saying that in 2 years, that waste of life can get a hair cut and walk about the streets and no one will recognize her. Her name is forever ruined but she'll still be able to go wherever she wants and not be pointed at and called murderer.

Hmm..... well, there's no way of knowing right now. I still hold my opinion, after all, who says some crazed person won't get to her before then? But, if not, you may be right. I doubt it, but there's no way of knowing right now.
  • brewingaz
    Options

Hmm..... well, there's no way of knowing right now. I still hold my opinion, after all, who says some crazed person won't get to her before then? But, if not, you may be right. I doubt it, but there's no way of knowing right now.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. I hope that piece of *kitten* gets everything bad she can have coming to her.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So sad, I just hope she does not end up pregnant again.
  • anulle2009
    Options
    wtf were these jurors on???
    Thats what i want to know. Ok i could understand if they couldnt agree and it caused a deadlock, but ALLLLL 12 of them saying not guilty?!!?!?!?
  • anulle2009
    Options
    So sad, I just hope she does not end up pregnant again.

oh god that would be horrible!! shes got NO FAMILY, all the crap she said about her parents and brother, that chick is screwed either way.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Here is my take and it may not be popular. But the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Did Casey kill her daughter? Yes she did. Did the prosecution PROVE she did it? No, they dropped the ball. Instead of relying on evidence they just played on emotions. The defense was able to poke so many holes in what evidence the State did have and in the end the jury followed the evidence and not their emotions. I think that Jose Baez and Cheny Mason had great closing arguments the other day where they attacked the lack of hard evidence. That said, she did just get away with murder. But we all meet our maker one day and she will have to answer for her actions.

This.

Most of you have CLEARLY never served on a jury, nor do you have a grasp on how our criminal justice system works.

I honestly commend the jury for what they did, they were able to do something SO hard and take their emotions out of the equation and make their decision solely based on the evidence presented.

I'm glad some people are paying attention!

Reading everyone's statuses and responses that justice wasn't served, remind yourself she was found guilty of lying...THE ONLY THING THEY COULD PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT! If it was you on the stand, would you want them to take into account their emotions or the facts?

Also, keep in mind we've been subjected to all the media frenzy surrounding this for over a month now and the jury hasn't. Keep that in mind as you form your opinion of who is guilty of what.