Casey Anthony Trial!!!

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    God knows the absolute truth, and He will have justice on whoever murdered Caylee. Just because Casey was found not guilty doesn't mean she won't reap the consequences. God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours...and HE will deal with her.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    dont know anything about this case......... sounds bad........ but if all 12 came back as not guilty then there must be evidence to support that.

i know the death of a child is a bad bad thing and i am not defending that in any way, but there had to be some evidence that pointed 12 random people towards this verdict.

It a justice system, good or bad, agree or disagree, but in a world of hurtful things, its all we have to protect us. Its what makes the West what it is

FREE

(please note any of may friends no wise cracks about the French)
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Here is my take and it may not be popular. But the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Did Casey kill her daughter? Yes she did. Did the prosecution PROVE she did it? No, they dropped the ball. Instead of relying on evidence they just played on emotions. The defense was able to poke so many holes in what evidence the State did have and in the end the jury followed the evidence and not their emotions. I think that Jose Baez and Cheny Mason had great closing arguments the other day where they attacked the lack of hard evidence. That said, she did just get away with murder. But we all meet our maker one day and she will have to answer for her actions.

This.

Most of you have CLEARLY never served on a jury, nor do you have a grasp on how our criminal justice system works.

I honestly commend the jury for what they did, they were able to do something SO hard and take their emotions out of the equation and make their decision solely based on the evidence presented.

I'm glad some people are paying attention!

Reading everyone's statuses and responses that justice wasn't served, remind yourself she was found guilty of lying...THE ONLY THING THEY COULD PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT! If it was you on the stand, would you want them to take into account their emotions or the facts?

Also, keep in mind we've been subjected to all the media frenzy surrounding this for over a month now and the jury hasn't. Keep that in mind as you form your opinion of who is guilty of what.

We know that she used to knock her kid out so she could party.
    We know that she didn't report her missing for a month.
    We know that she showed no emotion over the whole thing.
    We know that she lied to the police.
    We know the trunk of her car smelled like a dead body.

That was enough to get her. These are facts, not emotions.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Here is my take and it may not be popular. But the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Did Casey kill her daughter? Yes she did. Did the prosecution PROVE she did it? No, they dropped the ball. Instead of relying on evidence they just played on emotions. The defense was able to poke so many holes in what evidence the State did have and in the end the jury followed the evidence and not their emotions. I think that Jose Baez and Cheny Mason had great closing arguments the other day where they attacked the lack of hard evidence. That said, she did just get away with murder. But we all meet our maker one day and she will have to answer for her actions.

This.

Most of you have CLEARLY never served on a jury, nor do you have a grasp on how our criminal justice system works.

I honestly commend the jury for what they did, they were able to do something SO hard and take their emotions out of the equation and make their decision solely based on the evidence presented.

I'm glad some people are paying attention!

Reading everyone's statuses and responses that justice wasn't served, remind yourself she was found guilty of lying...THE ONLY THING THEY COULD PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT! If it was you on the stand, would you want them to take into account their emotions or the facts?

Also, keep in mind we've been subjected to all the media frenzy surrounding this for over a month now and the jury hasn't. Keep that in mind as you form your opinion of who is guilty of what.

I agree with these posts.

I honestly believe that she is guilty but I also believe that the jury did the best they could with the evidence they were presented. The prosecution’s case contained very little hard evidence and a lot of circumstantial evidence. While It is disgusting I am not disgusted with the jurors, I am disgusted with the prosecution for compiling such a week case and allowing a murderer to walk.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Hey if OJ could get away with it, then anyone can. Like Grglandr said it all comes down to the evidence and the jury can only use that in making its decision. Did she do it, most likely, could they prove it, no.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Reading about the verdict made me sick to my stomach. Another child murderer (whether the mom or someone else) got away with the murder. And yet they didn't really get away with anything. God will provide punishment unless the murderer truly repents and asks forgiveness from God. What a sad day. The one consolation is that, because of her young age, little Caylee is definitely in Heaven.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903

- We actually don't KNOW this one

- Yes but it does not prove murder

- This is subjective, and also does not prove murder

- Which she was found guilty of

- Yes, but does not link Casey to her death - it is only circumstantial evidence

Look I am with you, she IS guilty, but the evidence just sucked.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    My jaw dropped to the floor!!! WHAT??????? I am shocked!! Someone is guilty of something here!!! HOW the heck did this little girl die??????? And ?really? why would there be duct tape on her mouth???????? This is wrong on so many levels!!!!!!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member

These facts do not prove she murdered her child. They prove she was a crappy mom which she was not on trial for.

As for the car, several people had access to it and they never could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was indeed a decomposing human body, let alone that it was Caylee, let alone that Casey had put it there.

So many holes in this story you can't prove it was the crappy mom who murdered her daughter.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    From what I heard from those who watched the verdict, Casey and even her parents looks surprised when she was found not guilty. Not enough evidence to convict.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    All of this being said...how long til her book deal? 'If I Did It: How I Would Have Murdered My Defenseless 2-Year Old So I Could Party And Also Made Up Confusing and Conflicting Stories And Also Accused My Father And Brother Of Raping Me'?
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    They jury can only do so much. My boyfriend was just a part of a trial where he so very much wanted to convict a guy but he just couldn't because the evidence wasn't there. They have so many rules and so much that has to be proven to get a guilty verdict. And all of the jurors have to agree...

It's not a problem with the people, it's a SEVERE problem with the system. That horrible woman will get what's coming to her eventually.

I agree. It is really sad. I am sick in my stomach too! But if they had no positive evidence that she did it for sure, than they can't convict her. I don't know all of the details, so I can't say for sure. But WE all know she did it. Poor Caylee.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I had a feeling this was what was goingto happen too much back and forth for them to be sure of the verdict....has to be beyond reasonable doubt...OJ all over again.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    All of this being said...how long til her book deal? 'If I Did It: How I Would Have Murdered My Defenseless 2-Year Old So I Could Party And Also Made Up Confusing and Conflicting Stories And Also Accused My Father And Brother Of Raping Me'?

LMAO! OJ's a douche. Still can't believe he got that repulsive book deal.

Let's hope Casey Anthony decides to turn her life around now and do some good things.
  • sinsaria
    sinsaria Posts: 30
    I am disgusted by this. Not even guilty on the negligence charge.... just seems impossible.

That little girl died, scared and alone, and no one is forced to take responsibility?

ugh
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Am I the only person that does not really seem to care about this?

All I can say is Karma is a B*tch?
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    This is so disgusting,
    She sold her soul to the devil,
    But one of this days she will get so drunk and she will tell all the true, because the devil is a traidor.
    Horrible.

Unfortunantly she could confess NOW and cant be re-tried unless the prosecution can PROVE the jury was tainted/incapable.bought out.

The most any of us can hope for is for new evidence to be found (since the FBI and local police NEED to start looking for a new killer) that will tie her to it and she will be found guilty for accessorie to murder, aiding and abeting, and covering up a crime.

IF the state appeals the decision they need to dig up hard evidence. IDK how closely you all followed it but Im not shocked, there wasnt nearly enough HARD EVIDENCE.

And YES people abuse and kill their kids on a regular basis in this country and dont even get caught for YEARS. I think the prosecution fell victim to media pressure and went to trial too soon. A better job needed to be done in securing her fate before putting this infront of a judge, jury, and the entire US
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Who will play her on the Lifetime Movie Network version of the story?
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member

- We actually don't KNOW this one

- Yes but it does not prove murder

- This is subjective, and also does not prove murder

- Which she was found guilty of

- Yes, but does not link Casey to her death - it is only circumstantial evidence

Look I am with you, she IS guilty, but the evidence just sucked.

http://research.lawyers.com/ask-a-lawyer/Is-Circumstantial-Evidence-Enough-to-ConvictU-5709.html

http://www.southcarolinacriminaldefenseblog.com/2010/03/state_v_frazier_convictions_fo.html

Lets not forget the Scott Peterson trial either. Circumstantial evidence can be used to connect the dots and convict.
This discussion has been closed.