Stranger or Spouse?

Options

Replies

• PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    stranger, if its the spouse i know why and i have a headache!

OMG!!! Thats so true!!! They are most affectionate/complimentary when they want something!!

Totally agree
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Depends on the stranger....Clive Owen = Husband who? Fat guy at beach in speedo = vomit in mouth while running to husband for comfort.

OMG this is hilarious!!! So true!
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My husband
  • StLouisTim
    StLouisTim Posts: 22
    Options
    My husband

Nice Recovery
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My husband

Nice Recovery

:laugh: :laugh: This turned into a funny and enlightening thread. Thanks y'all for playing along! You know once, when I was heavier, I told my husband that a guy checked me out on the Interstate. He said... "he must have been old or fat."

You know... that really hurt my feelings... but now when I tell him someone was checking me out he starts giving me 20 questions b/c he knows the ones looking were neither old or fat! :laugh: :laugh:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I will say stranger...there is just something about it that makes you feel like "you still got it" or are "getting it".
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I always feel better about myself when it comes from strangers. And I am not just comparing this to my fiance, but everyone I know! Cause my mom will tell me and my friends will tell me that I look nice and blah blah...but when someone who you don't really know says it, you seem to believe it more.

I think this is true because people you know are already attached to you, and if they say something "bad" then there are consequences and sometimes they feel obligated to be all nice all the time. Of course they mean it (I would hope)...but strangers have nothing to gain or lose by giving someone else a compliment or put down. So if they compliment you, they definitely mean it cause it's not like they are saying it "just to say it" cause they know you.

Gosh it's hard to express in words what I mean...lol!
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pfft I only get hit on by ugly strangers in the real world. Compliments from my boyfriend, however, are like parrots that crap diamonds: valuable, elusive, and overall awkwardly forced out.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Pfft I only get hit on by ugly strangers in the real world. Compliments from my boyfriend, however, are like parrots that crap diamonds: valuable, elusive, and overall awkwardly forced out.
    Haha hilarious!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Spouse/partner. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My hubs. He's not a very touchy/feely or feelings kind of guy. You never quite know how he feels. But when he actually stops, stares, and compliments me, I know I look good :D
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks spouse? My ex use to have wandering eyes all the time and it would be a miracle if he ever looked at me for once. I just like the idea that to him, I'm prettier than all the other women in the room and he only has eyes for me.

However, I am always perved on by strangers and I find it a little bit creepy. Some middle age man told me my legs were hot the other week but it didn't mean anything to me. He was probably going around perving on all sorts of women that day anyway.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Random question & I want the truth! No PC answers allowed. Does it make you feel better to be desired by your spouse/partner or by a stranger... i.e. If your husband whistles at you, you're like 'yeah whatever' but if a stranger does it, you're like a giddy schoolgirl/boy. I have no specific examples to share & nothing happened that prompted me to ask... just curious! And however you answer, why do you feel that way?

It's great to get a second look from a stranger or a compliment from someone I don't know, but it's much more satisfying to feel the heat of my wif'e's desire.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    I personal perfer this from my spouse because he's the one who has to look at me everyday and If he's admiring what he sees on a regular basis, then that just strengthens us (our relationship)...he's not only got the visual but he has to deal with ALL of me (personality, flaws and all) and if he can still admire what he sees and make it known to me all while knowing my imperfections, then that make it a real true admiration that builds esteem and enhances who I am.
    A passer by can admire ANYONE but it stops at the visual.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Definitely a stranger. I know my partner loves me so he's biased. Who doesn't love the ego boost of being checked out by someone???
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel better knowing that I am desired by my partner. Why be with someone if they can't even really stand to look at or touch you. That being said it also makes me feel good to know that someone that I am not with would want me based on looks only. When it comes down to it though there is so much more then looks that hopefully made your partner desire you and continue to desire you

Love that! :)
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    Definitely my bf :D

It's nice to hear that other people think i'm looking good and it does make me happy.

But when my bf mentions it, it really feels like an achievement because he see's me every day and has obviously noted the change. Also it is important to me that both he and I are happy with how i look...other people are just other people. Finally, i can't help but go all gooey inside when he's listing the things he loves about me.

Besides, if your spouse is getting more attracted by your increased health, great, it can lead to some extra calories burned lol.

There have been a few strangers i wished had never noticed lol!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I actually hate being whistled at and ogled by strangers. I think it's incredibly disrespectful, and it doesn't make me giddy at all, no matter how hot the guy is. I know men are going to look; it's human nature, and that's okay. But don't do it in front of my face, and don't whistle at me like I'm a dog. Grow a pair and say hello if you want to talk to me; otherwise, wait till I can't see you, do whatever looking you feel you need to do, and move on.

Now, if my boyfriend or husband (I don't have either at the moment) whistled at me or checked me out when I walked by, I'm totally okay with that. He can whistle or look whenever he wants because he's mine and I'm his. But a stranger? It just makes my skin crawl.
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Stranger. I can look my crummiest and my husband will still say I look good.
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I just fell madly in love with you.

I feel your pain about ugly strangers. I have NEVER been hit on by hotness IRL. soooo....I would say hubby. But...he is super awesome and does compliment all the time.