Banana 'Pancakes'.....SOOO DELISH!! :D SO low calorie!

Options

Replies

• rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This might be a really really stupid question, but these sound yummy, and I don't like pancakes because of their consistency. It's weird, I know. But do these 'pancakes' turn out with the same consistency of regular pancakes?
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I read all the great comments and decided I had to try them right now for a snack -- my husband and I loved them! I'm going to make them for my toddler in the morning -- I can't get him to eat eggs, but I think this will do it :) I also added a tsp of baking powder and they turned out perfect. I assume adding chocolate chips would defeat the point...but how good does that sound? :) Thanks for sharing!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipe, off to make it for me and my hubby now!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So I went to make these and found that my darling husband had put all of our bananas in the freezer for shakes. Thank goodness I had 1/2 a banana left over from yesterday. So to make up for the other 1/2 I was missing I added 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries. I defrosted them then added just the fruit and left the juice to drizzle over after they were cooked. I also added 1/3 cup of rolled oats. Soooo yummy!! My husband and I both loved it and only 140 cals (also added a drizzle of honey too, without honey only 125). Thanks so much for the recipe.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I might have to make them sometime soon.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I made this for breakfast today. I had a bit of a problem flipping them, they tended to fall apart. Do you have a suggestion to prevent this? I'm generally a pretty good cook & tried to give them adequate time before I attempted to turn them.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I made this for breakfast today. I had a bit of a problem flipping them, they tended to fall apart. Do you have a suggestion to prevent this? I'm generally a pretty good cook & tried to give them adequate time before I attempted to turn them.

I don't know if this was just 'chance' or what...but I had my ingredients mixed up in a dish....and then prepared the rest of dinner, and about 15 minutes later I started the pancakes...and they seemed to be FLUFFLIER after sitting for that short time......
  • SammieRae43
    SammieRae43 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bmpal
    bmpal Posts: 36
    Options
    I made these this morning as posted and they were terrible. More like banana frittatas but a slimy consistency ::shudders:: and just not visually pleasing either. If you want to make these, I recommend you look through the comments and use the additions!

I had the same problem when I made them! They turned out a brown slimy gooey mess. I think I will add some oats and a bit of baking powder next time.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Since for breakfast, I like to go a little higher cal than this recipe is (I do 250-350), I modified this recipe quite a bit to match my needs. It ended up amazing and I wanted to thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

My recipe:

1 medium ripe banana, mashed
    1 whole, large egg
    1/8 tsp of cinnamon
    slightly less than 1/4 cup of flour (whole wheat if you have it!)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    dash of salt (maybe 1/8 tsp)

Stir everything together and cook just like you would pancakes! Tastes a lot like banana bread with no extra oil or butter
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Since for breakfast, I like to go a little higher cal than this recipe is (I do 250-350), I modified this recipe quite a bit to match my needs. It ended up amazing and I wanted to thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

My recipe:

1 medium ripe banana, mashed
    1 whole, large egg
    1/8 tsp of cinnamon
    slightly less than 1/4 cup of flour (whole wheat if you have it!)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    dash of salt (maybe 1/8 tsp)

Stir everything together and cook just like you would pancakes! Tastes a lot like banana bread with no extra oil or butter

Sounds good! I thought about adding a little whole wheat flour AFTER I cooked these this a.m. I will try this next time, thanks!
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    omg sounds awesome!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i can't wait to try these! ♥
  • Traci663
    Traci663 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hotcheeto2005
    hotcheeto2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    omg these sound so good! im gona definitely try em!!
  • Laney25
    Laney25 Posts: 5
    Options
    I made these yesterday for breakfast. Loved them! I modified the recipe a little. Used 1 egg in place of 3 egg whites and added 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats. Blended all the ingredients together and then cooked them like regular pancakes. I ended up with 4 mini pancakes. So good!
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've made these twice now. The first time they didn't turn out well, but I think that was because of my poor cooking skills. The second time I added some cinnamon, vanilla extract and used 2/3 of a banana instead of half. I also topped them with a little bit of Nutella and they tasted just like chocolate chip banana bread. Next time I'm going to try cooking them in the microwave, because although they taste yummy, I totally destroy them when trying to flip! (my poor cooking skills again ;D)