Banana 'Pancakes'.....SOOO DELISH!! :D SO low calorie!

Options

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    We made these too - they were fabulous. I changed the recipe slightly since I am not going for super-low cal or low fat foods - I added one whole egg and one egg white to two overripe bananas, then added a sprinkle of whole-wheat flour and some baking powder to give them some additional binding and lift.

We served them with a home-made berry sauce - strawberries, blueberries and blackberries stewed with a dash of vanilla until they're liquified. Delicious and completely natural, no added sugar needed. I'll be making them again, for sure. Thanks!

Thanks for this recipe for the berry sauce! Going to try this tomorrow!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Yummy.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I made this for breakfast this morning. Absolutely delicious and oh so easy!!
    Thanks for posting this :)
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I"m so glad everyone is loving these pancakes!!! ITs amazing how delish and easy they are....and you can't beat the calorie count!! Happy Friday everyone!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Just made these...

Epic...

SUCCESS!

I ground 1/4 cup oats, 1 tsp baking powder (I will reduce this greatly in the future because I watch sodium and I think I can get the same result w/ less) *Note- the oats and the baking powder were my additions- not the original posters*, some cinnamon, 1/3 cup egg whites, and 1/2 banana.

I used my mini blender and did the dry ingredients first, then the eggs and banana.

I made 6 mini pancakes and they set and cooked up round and fluffy just like a regular pancake.

I also made the berry syrup mentioned a few posters up... but had to add 1/2 pack of splenda b/c my berries were very tart.

It was delish! Lower cal, higher protein than my normal oatmeal with fruit breakfast.
  • 4himalone
    4himalone Posts: 69
    Options
    LUNCH!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Oh, yummy! This is on my to-do list! Thanks for sharing!
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    Yum - Thank you for sharing :):flowerforyou:
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just made these...

Epic...

SUCCESS!

I ground 1/4 cup oats, 1 tsp baking powder (I will reduce this greatly in the future because I watch sodium and I think I can get the same result w/ less) *Note- the oats and the baking powder were my additions- not the original posters*, some cinnamon, 1/3 cup egg whites, and 1/2 banana.

I used my mini blender and did the dry ingredients first, then the eggs and banana.

I made 6 mini pancakes and they set and cooked up round and fluffy just like a regular pancake.

I also made the berry syrup mentioned a few posters up... but had to add 1/2 pack of splenda b/c my berries were very tart.

It was delish! Lower cal, higher protein than my normal oatmeal with fruit breakfast.

I'm glad you liked the berry sauce too - its become our replacement for maple syrup and all its dodgy HFCS-laden substitutes. Occasionally I have to add about a teaspoon of brown sugar to it if the berries are still too sour after cooking, too. I figure that much sugar in about three cups of raw berries isn't too bad, but on the pancakes which are naturally so sweet I like the sourness to balance it.

The banana pancakes/berry sauce breakfast has happened three times already this week at my house. These things are a hit.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I made these this morning as posted and they were terrible. More like banana frittatas but a slimy consistency ::shudders:: and just not visually pleasing either. If you want to make these, I recommend you look through the comments and use the additions!
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    Just made these...

Epic...

SUCCESS!

Do you know how many calories altogether? Definitely going to try!
  • LauraLove85
    Options
    OMG these sound delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing!! :happy:
  • Maree_
    Maree_ Posts: 65
    Options
    yum
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try these with the oats like mentioned above. Sounds really good.
  • sammy084
    sammy084 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump! Sounds yummy, especially with the oats!
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Nice! Adding to the TO TRY list!
  • tinahamburger
    tinahamburger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, these DO sound delicious! Thanks so much for the quick and easy recipe!! :)