Started JM 30 Day Shred today, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• jbwilson06
    jbwilson06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    starting agin on Monday!!!! Hopefully I will keep on track with it this time!!!!!:smile:
  • CRmom2
    CRmom2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2 today!! Skipped Day 10 of Level 1 since I have missed the last few days. Level 2 is crazy but so awesome as well! I feel I did great and kept up rather well! How are the rest of you doing?
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 of Level 2. Wow, all those plank based moves are killer and I have such a hard time doing any ab moves that involve moving both ends of my body at once. The nice thing was that I didn't struggle with the cardio nearly as bad and it certainly wasn't as hard as day 1 of level 1
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Did D9 L1 today - so I just have one day left at level 1! I am so proud of myself. This has been such a life saver too because when I am at school, I get to go to the gym for "free." But at home this summer I didn't want to pay for it. I started running but it has been SO hot and I don't want to get up at 5:00 to go running every morning if I don't have to. Plus, I am always so focused on cardio even though I know I should be strength training.. haha. But I just bought the DVD today (I have been watching it on demand) so I can bring it to school. I am also pumped because I will try to make up my own circuits when I am at the gym in the fall.

The past 3 days have been a little rougher. This morning I realized it is because I haven't had my coffee. Whoops!

Hope everyone else is doing well - stick with it!.
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 complete.... almost half way done with level 2 :happy:
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I did it earlier this year and although only lost 2lbs it was great for toning and losing inches!

I did D1 yesterday, a bit sore today. I'm looking to do it straight through this time, although am going away later this month....

Starting stats:

Weight: 63.1kg
    Waist: 68 cm
    Hips: 80 cm
    L thigh: 54 cm
    R thigh: 55.5 cm
    Round bum: 91.5 cm

Will remeasure at end of L1!

Well, I did say last time I lost inches more than lbs!

So officially the end of L1 today - did L2D1 proper! Think I hated it so much last time because I couldn't do most of the plank moves even by D10, but feeling much more positive about it today! Just don't like the chair squats with V raises...

Anyway, my measurements:

Weight: 63.3kg Am slightly annoyed as I did lose a lb during level one but gained it and then some by the end!
    Other measurements the same, except hips I have lost 1cm!

So am gonna bust through L2 with some zumba for wii to give me a cardio boost and hopefully see something a bit more positive in 10 days time!

Hope everyone else's results are way more awesome than mine! (not hard to achieve!)
  • sasc278
    sasc278 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't have any workout DVDs, but am deciding which one to order. 30DS seems very popular, but I've heard many bad things about spinal/knee injuries. Any info from people actually doing the workouts?
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    I did level 3 today. I thought I was going to be awesome at it since Ive been working out like a crazy person for awhile now..but um yeah, it still kicked my *kitten* lol.
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Day 12 L2 done! I am going to be surprised if I can do all those planks even by the tenth day of level 2. I am able to do the plank jacks by doing a modified plank on my forearms but for the other ones I have to be up in a full plank and I just don't have the upper body strength to hold them for that long. I will push it every day though. The chair squats with v raises are hard too, but mostly for my arms than my legs. I think I have a lot more strength in my legs so all my soreness is in my upper body.

Way to stick with it everyone! Great work.
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    I don't have any workout DVDs, but am deciding which one to order. 30DS seems very popular, but I've heard many bad things about spinal/knee injuries. Any info from people actually doing the workouts?

I had a little pain in my knees by the end of level 1, but I am also almost 250 pounds so the jumping was a little hard. However, that was short lived and I don't have any knee pain now. I make sure to strech way more than they do on the video as I find that helps with soreness. I think as long as you pay attention to your form you will significantly reduce any chance of injury with any workout. I personally am very pleased with this workout. It is killer but fast enough I can get it done before work.
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started again yesterday for the 2nd time. I almost completed it the 1st time- think i did like 22 days- I fell off track 4th of July week then I got strep throat the following week. I didn't work out at all for a lil over a week. Level 1 isn't as hard the 2nd time around.
  • houselady0791
    Options
    I started it yesterday and I'm def feeling it today! Hoping that I can lose this weight in no time.
  • BioQueen
    Options
    Just finished D10 L1!!! So proud of myself, didn't skip any days (I didn't have any injuries). I can't wait to try L2 tomorrow morning, although I am a little nervous. What does everyone think of Level 2 who have done it/are in it.
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Just finished D10 L1!!! So proud of myself, didn't skip any days (I didn't have any injuries). I can't wait to try L2 tomorrow morning, although I am a little nervous. What does everyone think of Level 2 who have done it/are in it.

The planks are killing me as I apparently have no upper body strength :tongue: I like a couple of the cardio segments a lot. There is no doubt she ups the intensity. Other than the pushups I had moved to Natalie for level 1, but I am not sure I will be doing any Natalie for level 2. Even the squats are harder and I generally find squats pretty easy. Something about having my legs together makes it a whole lot harder. Level 2 requires more coordination so I am still struggling a little with knowing how to do some of the moves properly even after 2 days.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

The planks are killing me as I apparently have no upper body strength :tongue: I like a couple of the cardio segments a lot. There is no doubt she ups the intensity. Other than the pushups I had moved to Natalie for level 1, but I am not sure I will be doing any Natalie for level 2. Even the squats are harder and I generally find squats pretty easy. Something about having my legs together makes it a whole lot harder. Level 2 requires more coordination so I am still struggling a little with knowing how to do some of the moves properly even after 2 days.

That's what I found hard about L2 the last time. All the planks. I found that if I did 5-6 moves in plank and then rested, I could 'do' Natalie with the thrust squats & plank jacks, but oh-so-slowly. I felt it was more beneficial for me to do that than to stick with Anita.

Did D2 of L2 today. I have to say I'm enjoying it a whole lot more - it really makes me work hard! I'm also managing to get some zumba in afterwards, so that will help boost my cardio! Today, I switched to my 3kg weights for most of the strength moves...except for...you got it... v raises! Oh, and the military presses!
  • BioQueen
    Options

That's what I found hard about L2 the last time. All the planks. I found that if I did 5-6 moves in plank and then rested, I could 'do' Natalie with the thrust squats & plank jacks, but oh-so-slowly. I felt it was more beneficial for me to do that than to stick with Anita.

Did D2 of L2 today. I have to say I'm enjoying it a whole lot more - it really makes me work hard! I'm also managing to get some zumba in afterwards, so that will help boost my cardio! Today, I switched to my 3kg weights for most of the strength moves...except for...you got it... v raises! Oh, and the military presses!

Haha it was really hard! I was sweating buckets. I'm fortunately not as sore as when I first started the shred, but those planks kill just because my upper body thinks I'm an idiot for letting Jillian talk me into these things. I did most of Natalie on L1 (although I could only do 8 push ups and then switched to Anita push ups). However on L2 I am doing a lot more Anita, although I always try to start on Natalie. But if my butt weren't being kicked then I wouldn't be happy!
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Finished day 13 L2. I am still struggling with the plank moves but I have almost everything else down at least most way. I don't use weights for the second set of V raises since apparently I have never used that muscle before, but I am getting nice and deep into my squat. I can't believe how much more I sweat in L2 than L1, but maybe its just because I can push myself harder now.

I can't aruge with results though. I have lost 6 pounds since starting. I try to remember that when I feel like giving up. One more day and then I have to take a couple days off cause we are going camping. But I commit to getting right back at it when I have a tv again.
  • sigsone
    Options
    level 2 day 5 complete. The Half way point and I am feeling good. i'm not sore but feel like I'm back on a pirate ship from walking all of the planks...... Arrgggg!!!! :drinker:
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Finished Day 14 L2. I have the next two days off because we are going out of town, but I will be back at in on Monday. Keep it up everyone!
  • sigsone
    Options
    level 2 day 6 complete.