Replies

• xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    CW: 138.4
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone who lost - I think I'm down a couple pounds from my gain last week but I didn't get home to weigh myself until AFTER I'd totally pigged out so I'm waiting....this week I was idly stepping on the scale throughout the week and coming up around 185-186 consistently so that is a bit of loss.

I've got an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow, we'll see how that goes - if I like it I'll stick with it for a while.

She wants to know what my goals are short and long term and I think I said something like short term inches lost, long term a size 6 but I realized my goals look more like:

1) NO MORE BACKFAT!
    2) Smaller calves so that my running capris actually fit around them...
    3) General inches lost from stomach and thighs

But realistically, the inches lost from stomach and thighs (which are biggest) are going to go first, the calves and back will be dead last because I've ALWAYS had big calves and barring being super skinny everyone has a bit of back fat.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Hi I dont' want to interrupt your PHENOM Group you have going. I just wanted to extend an invitation to participate with us. Thought maybe there might be 20 + 1 captain to join as a team. Team: Sexy Christmas Ladies or something.

Challenge Invite
    I'd like to invite you all to join our TEAM August Challenge. Great daily exercise challenge, weekly eating challenges and team challenges. Lots of fun, support and motivation. Here is our forum post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all

Message me if you'd like to be on a team!

Anyone else want to do this? I kind of do but I don't know if I want to volunteer for team captain
  • risaiz
    risaiz Posts: 47
    Options
    I think something may be wrong with my scale. I got on and it said 253. I couldn't believe it, so I got back on and it said 255. I was confused, so I got back on and it said 257. GRR! I got on again and it said 252. I'm not sure what's going on here, so I will just say that I am the same as last week at 255.5. I gotta get a new scale. I've only had this one for a few months, so I'm not sure what's going on. Hmmm!
  • kdsnow03
    kdsnow03 Posts: 6
    Options
    Your goal is great! I am right there with you. I have set my goal for Christmas also. I have finally made it a priority and I think that is key. So if you continue to make yourself a priority and not let all the day to day stuff get if the way, I know you will hit your goal! Best wishes and I look forward to reading about your success along the way!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hi I dont' want to interrupt your PHENOM Group you have going. I just wanted to extend an invitation to participate with us. Thought maybe there might be 20 + 1 captain to join as a team. Team: Sexy Christmas Ladies or something.

Challenge Invite
    I'd like to invite you all to join our TEAM August Challenge. Great daily exercise challenge, weekly eating challenges and team challenges. Lots of fun, support and motivation. Here is our forum post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299772-team-challenge-beginning-august-1st-open-to-all

Message me if you'd like to be on a team!

Anyone else want to do this? I kind of do but I don't know if I want to volunteer for team captain

I think we should just stick to what were doing :happy:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today scale said 123.2, grrr thrusday it said 122.8 , it is so much harder to lose when u are close to ur goal, i bet it will say differently tomorrow, hope u gys are having a fab weekend :drinker:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I would like to make this a mini-goal. Im realistic enough to know i cant lose my entire goal by then - but I will make it a goal to lose 30lbs in that time frame. Its all about setting small goals, right? And I could DEFINITELY use some encouragement!!!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Weighed in today scale said 123.2, grrr thrusday it said 122.8 , it is so much harder to lose when u are close to ur goal, i bet it will say differently tomorrow, hope u gys are having a fab weekend :drinker:

Maybe you should try something different for a couple days next week cookie, like eat a different diet for 3 days out of the 7. Like try have 2-3 low sugar days next week and sub veggies for those calories, or something like that -- kinda change it up and surprise your body.
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to post, but I maintained this week. I went out to eat last night, so maybe it's because I had a big meal and didn't go #2 (embarrassing I know, sorry) so hopefully it will be down next week. I need to start doing something different. I have been so broke lately and eating a lot of the same things. yet when I get paid I tend to go out because I miss having good food. I guess the good thing is when I go out I don't eat very much because I am not used to it. Maybe I need to start going back to the gym or something. It's so hard being on all these medications, hurting all the time, feeling tired all the time, and having a thyroid problem. I am going to see my doctor soon about another doctor telling me I have Hashimoto syndrome (when your immune system attacks the thyroid) and see if maybe that could be causes my symptoms (since it a lot like Fibromyalgia). I know this is kind of off topic, but I guess not really in a way. I am just venting I guess. I need to stay positive.

I do have some good news though. I scheduled my commencement ceremony for college, which will take place in November. I will be a college graduate for two months, but hey I am really exercised. The way I see that, that's two extra months to lose weight. I really gotta get my butt into gear.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I do that right before EVERY weigh in I swear blueyes - and then I like refuse to weigh myself that day because of it.

It would be tough but have you considered some alternative medicine type stuff for your health problems? Not so much taking herbal supplements, but trying some different restricted diets like a a gluten free o diet or a dairy free one (lactose intolerance or caesin sensitivity). I have heard a lot about food intolerances showing up with weird symptoms in people that don't LOOK digestive, but because your body is constantly strugging to digest what you eat it causes other things to break down.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Week 3: 172.4. Not where I want to be, but I think some of it is due to TOM.
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    week 3 check in
    CW 308
    just got off TOM so im hoping for some good results next weigh in :happy:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone who lost - I think I'm down a couple pounds from my gain last week but I didn't get home to weigh myself until AFTER I'd totally pigged out so I'm waiting....this week I was idly stepping on the scale throughout the week and coming up around 185-186 consistently so that is a bit of loss.

I've got an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow, we'll see how that goes - if I like it I'll stick with it for a while.

She wants to know what my goals are short and long term and I think I said something like short term inches lost, long term a size 6 but I realized my goals look more like:

1) NO MORE BACKFAT!
    2) Smaller calves so that my running capris actually fit around them...
    3) General inches lost from stomach and thighs

But realistically, the inches lost from stomach and thighs (which are biggest) are going to go first, the calves and back will be dead last because I've ALWAYS had big calves and barring being super skinny everyone has a bit of back fat.

How did your appointment go?
  • Mundy86
    Mundy86 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 4lbs since friday. That seems like alot but I stayed the same on Friday due to my pot luck on Thursday. I also flushed my body yesterday with water about 8 24oz glasses, very very slow day at work. Looking forward to a good weigh in this week, I may even be just a week behind for my mini goal of 200 by Aug 5th. :)

Looking at the spreadsheet, is there any way you could keep track of how much each person has lost over all. I know if its like excel you can put a column with a formula in it to figure it out for you. Not sure how to do it but I know it can be done.
  • tameko2
    Options
    How did your appointment go?

It was awesome, I am really looking forward to my next session on Thursday - my muscles were quite sore yesterday (had to hobble along for a workout) and they were different muscles than usual, I'm especially pleased with feeling in my upper arms and whatever that muscle that's covered by that horrible lump of fat that hangs over the top of tanktops and strapless shirts is called.

I feel like I do so much more with a trainer, they can tell when you need to push in 2 more (but thats ALL you'll be able to do) and she was really good at figuring out what weights to hand me.

Also she looks amazing, I want to look like that. She's strong and trim but she doesn't look like those people in the P90X commercials or anything - its the perfect look.

Mundy86 - I *think* google spreadsheets can do that but I've played with it very very little. I'll mess around with it.
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey all, how's it going this week? Been working my butt off but have a 2lb gain today on my first day of TOM?! Not looking forward to this weeks weigh in!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am doing okay. I did my first day of 30DS and I sent TOM home for another 3 weeks so I can get down to business. I might make my mini goal 190 by August 13th.

My frig is packed with good for me's. I also got a mini Forman only $15 at Target. They are gearing up for college dorm sales.
    Till Friday :happy:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm doing okay this week. I started Brazil Butt Lift last night. It was a bit rough. Next week will be better. Hopefully I can get the scale to move this week.
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Oh I wish we had a Target, amazing deal! That's a badass goal, get there girl!

Brazil butt lift? I haven't heard of that one yet. My butt's already a table- I don't want to lift it anymore, but that sounds like an intriguing workout haha