30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 done. Whew. I did notice a slight improvement in my ability today, so that's good news. I could do the push ups without stopping. Modified pushups, but that's a big improvement for ME. :)

Kudos to everyone for sticking with it! :)
  • msloois
    msloois Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in. I started on the 10th and will be doing day three tonight. OMG I thought some of those muscles had been ate up by fat and now I know they're still there:laugh:
  • alisonbank
    alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    L1D5 last night with 3 lbs. weights instead of my temporary soup cans ;) i love the weights!

D6 tonight after work.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Completed L1 D6 and 30 minutes on weight loss mode on elliptical. Soaked through with sweat (I know, girls perspire). Whatever, I am soaked.

Noticed big improvement in cardio today, had to rest yesterday as knee was feeling very full and sore but this morning, it was fine so hence the full workout again!

Feeling pretty accomplished and I also previewed level 2 while on elliptical...should be a cake walk...........just kidding!
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    Level One/Day Three done! I also did 15 minutes on my new eliptical (which that in itself kicked my sore butt!) for some added cardio. A lot more soreness today, but I kind of knew it was going to get worse before it gets better. I just hope my end results are at least close to some I've seen posted on MFP!:smile:
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 Done!

We missed yesterday and I felt it so bad today. I worked extra hard and pushed through.
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If they start to give you crap tell them to grab some 10 lb weight and do it themselves. They'll see the JM doesn't play around and it's a great workout. A friend of my is an athletic trainer and she swears by this DVD to help keep her in track when she travels.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I own a reel mower too-they are a great workout! I've got a Fiskars which is easier than most reels but you're still pushing 50lb all over the yard. :)

Just a little NSV- my measurements haven't changed yet enough for me to tell, but after I changed to go mow and walked past the mirror I noticed my mommy-roll (the bit above my waistline-natural muffin top ) isn't popping out nearly as much as it had been. About the difference of when you hold your stomach in vs out. So something is working! Thanks Jillian!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wore my pedometer today and realized that I walked over 10 miles already, and I'm not even done with work yet. A lot of that is up and down stairs too! Whew no wonder I'm tired when I get home!
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 complete! Thank god my legs stopped hurting, I felt silly walking up the stairs limping.
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    D4 level 1 done.. Almost did not do it today.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 done. I got up bright and early this morning for my C25K run before it got too hot, and then did the shred during my lunch hour. It really seems to work out best for me if I do it in that order. On Monday I didn't get the run in until late afternoon, which meant I worried about it all day. I don't think it's a coincidence that I had a terrible time with the shred - I was probably subconsciously conserving energy for later. Today I was invigorated by the early run, had plenty of energy for the shred, and most everything went smoothly.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself. Not only did I do Day 6 L1 this morning, I went to my trampoline aerobics class today. I hadn't gone in two weeks because my schedule has been wierd. I could tell my legs were tired during the class, but I could tell the shred has made a difference. I had a much easier time doing the crunches in class and my heart rate was lower throughout the class. This is making a huge difference to me.
  • Sessa1984
    Sessa1984 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started Day 1 L1 of JM 30 Dy Shred. Damn did I sweat, but I am so proud of myself.
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 7 complete. Did tons better on my jumping jacks tonight. I am really starting to feel it in my abs. Not a sore feeling, but a more toned feeling if that makes sense. Saw my friend today who I just saw on Saturday and she says "my you are getting skinny." So something must be working!! Have a great night everyone and good luck tomorrow!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    day 7 level one COMPLETE!! crazy day at my house today.. lucky i had time to eat much less exercise!! not a bad day.. just hectic!! things should be back to normal tomorrow.. ps... the more i do this.. the more i don't like jillian.. really!
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I second that, I'm really loving Jillian. Every morning I wake up feeling cleansed and one day closer to being in shape!

Day 6 for me today- it's going quick isn't it?

Also, what other kinds of exercises, if any, are you guys doing along with this?
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Level 1 day 5 complete! Made it through the pushups (modified) with out stopping! GO ME!
    Used 5 lb and 3 lb weights! Yay! Side lunges and raises getting better! Lost 1 more lb at weigh in this morning!

Happy Thursday. Off to the stationary bike for 8 min heck, maybe 10!
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hello, would like to join.. I have done 30DS all the way through before and moved on to other exercises. I stopped exercising for about 2 weeks and I'm trying to get back in the groove. I'm back to 30 DS but I will be on day 3 today.. it's crazy how challenging it is again! definitely feeling it since day 1.
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I did my day3 yesterday. It went pretty well. I think I'm going to move up to level 2 after six or seven days, regardless of how I'm progressing, because if I don't, I'm going to be so bored!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I will weigh in tomorrow. I hope this has been a good week.