07/07/2011 D1L1
    07/08/2011 D2L1
    07/09/11 D3L1
    07/10/11 D4L1
    07/12/11 D5L1
    07/13/11 D6L1 - Made it through!
    Modifications:
    1) Raised my legs to 90 w/the chest fly and felt much more effort
    2) Got in most of the side lunges (using 10lb kettleball)
    3) Definitely more energy today then 11th or 12th! TOM is here :-\ So I'm happy with what I got done!
    4) Made it through all cardio!
    5) Push-ups killed me today, usually I can do 10 real & then finish w/knees on 1st set and then 5 real & finish on knees second set, but I didn't make it today. :( My knees literally caved in (fatigue)
    6) Finished with 10 minute solutions Pilates ~ 10min Flexibility (for stretch) ALWAYS feel so refreshed! I love that one. (on Netflix instant stream)
    07/14/11 D7L1 -
    Modifications:
    1) Raised my legs to 90 w/the chest fly and felt much more effort (also lowered 3x)
    2) Did side lunge w/arm raises using 10lb Kettleball (I think my permanent switch, I like it better)
    3) TOM is here :-\ So I'm happy with what I got done! (not as much energy as yesterday)
    4) Made it through all cardio! (following natalie!!)
    5) Push-ups still killed me today, only got 3 real on first set, 1 real on 2nd set, NO upper body strength today :( (fatigue)
    6) Using 5lb weights for all strength moves
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ordered from netflix, but don't have it yet- go ahead & start w/o me & I'll jump in when my dvd arrives - I'm gonna need all the help I can get with this, that jillian michaels scares the crap out of me!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 completed. I can tell that I am toning up, and I know I've lost weight this week. I'm waiting until after day 10 to update my loss. Keep it up everyone.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    L1D5 Done! Much better than before. Finished pushups (girly ones but hey no judging :) and only wimped once on the 1st jumping jacks and once on the anterior raises (3lb weights).
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 7 Level 1 today. The strength moves were a little more challenging today because of the rest day I took yesterday. But even with the difficulty I still felt like I hadn't worked out that hard once I got to the end. Looks like my Shred endurance is building! Only 3 more days at Level 1 and thank goodness because I am getting sick of the same thing over and over.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 7 done. It seemed a little harder today, not sure why.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one that felt worse after a rest day trying to do it again! (my rest day was forced by severe TOM/FLO symptoms) :(
    But even with the difficulty I still felt like I hadn't worked out that hard once I got to the end. . . . . Only 3 more days at Level 1 and thank goodness because I am getting sick of the same thing over and over.
    Modify the moves or add more in, do the crunches or push-ups balancing on an exercise ball, switch weights, etc I've noticed just on Day 7 I'm already out guessing her, so I have to mix it up a little :tongue:
  • Abbietara
    Abbietara Posts: 30
    Options
    Walked this morning before 30DS, it is getting easier, however the knees are killing me. I felt so bad for missing yesterday (mental breakdown day) Still logging my foods, I also lowered my calorie limit in MFP from what was automatically put in when I started last month. Do you know if it changes as you lose weight?
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    day 8 level 1 done.. the only thing that really sucked was that i swam before i did it.. 30 min breast stroke.. so doing anything with my arms was challenging!!! i felt like they were gonna fall off!! the good news is that it's OVER for today!!! yay!!!!
  • FieryNikkie
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one that felt worse after a rest day trying to do it again! (my rest day was forced by severe TOM/FLO symptoms) :(
    But even with the difficulty I still felt like I hadn't worked out that hard once I got to the end. . . . . Only 3 more days at Level 1 and thank goodness because I am getting sick of the same thing over and over.
    Modify the moves or add more in, do the crunches or push-ups balancing on an exercise ball, switch weights, etc I've noticed just on Day 7 I'm already out guessing her, so I have to mix it up a little :tongue:

Yea I took a rest day because I had a long outside run that morning and I had a late serving shift at the restaurant at night that I needed to get through. Not to mention 10 loads of laundry to take to the laundromat. Lol

Thanks for the idea! I really need to add something into the ab routines because they are really just a rest period for me at this point. No challenge at all. But I don't want to move on yet because those squats/shoulder press and side lunge/anterior raise are still giving me trouble.
  • FieryNikkie
    Options
    Walked this morning before 30DS, it is getting easier, however the knees are killing me. I felt so bad for missing yesterday (mental breakdown day) Still logging my foods, I also lowered my calorie limit in MFP from what was automatically put in when I started last month. Do you know if it changes as you lose weight?

Yes, it asks after every 10 pounds you lose I think. It just recalculates everything for you.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done.. woo. I've been doing them in the morning, but didn't have time before work today so night time it was. I won't lie.. at one point my only motivation for doing the workout today was so I could possibly go get ice cream and still have it fit into my calories for the day lol. But I did the workout.. and instead am have a pudding cup instead.
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    I am taking rest day today..my knees are killing me
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 5 done...level 1. Was about the same as yesterday (which was a slight improvement over the first few days). Whoo! I like doing it in the morning better than after work though...get it out of the way!

Good job to all for sticking with it!!!! Let's keep doing our best!
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    D3L1 done! Better today than yesterday. Of course having my kids (7&9) do it with me made it more fun! :)
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join in late? I just started today so I'm on D1 L1 and I think some motivating friends will help get me through the full 30 days. :) My muscles are a bit sore from today, but I'm not worried about that... more worried I might get bored doing the same workout over and over and over again. :tongue:

I'm excited to do this with you guys and will make sure to check in everyday! :smile:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I wanna be in! I just started on this date, and just did my 5th day! I have a birthday on August 11, so i should be done just before if i stick to it all 30 days.
  • M12e31g
    M12e31g Posts: 38
    Options
    Tonight will be day 5. Glad to see I'm not the only one getting bored of the same thing over and over. I finally actually listened to Jillian and started pushing my booty back, and was able to do those anterior raises. Before I could not get my legs to bend that way. That's probably my least favorite exercise, they kill me every time.
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. About the same as the last few days. I think I will stick it out for 2 more days on level 1( it is just getting a little boring) then give level 2 a shot. I am curious to see how Jillian will torture me on level 2 ;) Great job to all of you ladies!! Everyone is so commited!!! Keep up the great work!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I had to skip today because of work schedule and I actually miss doing it. How sick is that? I am going to be back at it tomorrow. Good job everyone for sticking to it.