30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I did Day 4 (level one) last night. Day 5 tonight. It's going well, but I was just plain tired last night. I did yoga for an hour and then came home and did Jillian, and then went back to the gym for an hour-long strength and endurance class. I was really just whipped by the time I was done with my late class. But you know what? Down 4 pounds this week, so it worked to kick my 3-week plateau in the butt.

After tonight just 25 more to go. I'm really hoping to do it without a break, but we'll see. Anyone interested in taking a week or so off after the Shred and then trying to do a Ripped challenge for August/September?
  • hcn74
    Options
    That's great! I can kind of understand why/how you'd miss it, but do enjoy your rest day!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    L1D6 Done!
    Small observation- Before it was my hamstrings/thighs and shoulders that ached the most. That finally started to pass and I wasn't that sore yesterday. But now my upper arms and calfs are aching. Nothing horrible but noticeable.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 6 L1 done! Had to skip yesterday cause of my crazy schedule. The first day back after a rest day is hard. I guess that is an incentive not to take days off. I can't manage no days off, but I will make darn sure that I don't have any choice before I skip.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Today will be D2 L1 for me... I will do it this afternoon during naptime. I am definitely sore from day 1 so today will be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes later today. :)
  • missxlisa
    missxlisa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well I am 4 days late I just started yesterday. Feel free to friend me so we can motivate each other!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Today will be D2 L1 for me... I will do it this afternoon during naptime. I am definitely sore from day 1 so today will be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes later today. :)

Do you some good warmup stretching before jillian! Your body & muscles will thank you! Also do a little more cooldown stretching after, it makes SUCH a difference!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    After tonight just 25 more to go. I'm really hoping to do it without a break, but we'll see. Anyone interested in taking a week or so off after the Shred and then trying to do a Ripped challenge for August/September?

I'm on day 4 of 30DS, but this is already my plan. I'll probably take a week off and then start the Ripped in 30 around August 22 (monday)... it ends up being 10 days between the last day off the 30DS and starting RI30.
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 8 Level 1 for me and I'm having an issue. I went to the gym this morning and did a 2.5 mile run. Then decided that I would just do the 30 DS workout from my memory at the gym. I was doing great, getting through everything, sweating like crazy until I start the 3rd circuit. I get a tap on the shoulder saying my son (almost 6 months) is really fussy and they can't calm him so I need to come get him from the nursery. Crap.

So now I'm sitting at home with both boys down for a nap just staring at the TV because I REALLY don't feel like starting that darn workout over again from the beginning.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    D4L1 completed. Getting easier but still Dripping with sweat!!!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I started doing Level 1 (again) this week. I am in. I am on Level 1 but only on day 3. I've been using 5lb weights. There is one excercise I change to 3 lbs (where you lift your arms eye level while doing the side lunge). Ugh! It's hard with weights.

I get bored with workouts, so I am hoping I can stick with for 30 days. I need results!

SW: 172
    CW: 167
    GW: 135

Waist: 32
    Hips: 42
    Thighs: 25
    Arms: 12.5

Good luck everyone!!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Are people still doing this? I just finished Day 2 of Level 1. I feel more strong than I did yesterday doing it. When Jillian Michaels said that the pain you feel is fear leaving your body, if that's the case then my body must have been scared ****less. There isn't a single muscle on me that isn't hurting. I think I love it!

How are the rest of you doing?
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Okay I did it! I went back and restarted Day 8. Now I have enough calories left for the day to eat like half a take out pizza! Lol
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    day one level one for me this morning. I'll be interested to see how those a week ahead of me are holding up!
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay I did it! I went back and restarted Day 8. Now I have enough calories left for the day to eat like half a take out pizza! Lol

Good for you!!! Glad you restarted and finished! Day 9 for me after my girls are done watching their movie!
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1 D5, why isn't it getting easier? Shouldn't I b able to do all the cardio wiithout stopping? On D1 I did the whole thing no breaks now I can't... does that even make sense?
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 7 Level 1 today. I made it a week!
  • hcn74
    Options

I'm on day 4 of 30DS, but this is already my plan. I'll probably take a week off and then start the Ripped in 30 around August 22 (monday)... it ends up being 10 days between the last day off the 30DS and starting RI30.

Sounds great!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1 today... Was really tired, because I got to bed late last night, but I sucked it up and powered through. So happy I've done week! Feeling great... And excited only 3 more days before I move on to level 2...:smile:
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2 Level 1 today and though I was sore it wasn't too bad! Feeling the burn and it feels good! :)