Sexy In Six : Week 3 !!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Blowing my "diet" today folks. Had great intentions for zumba and a low cal lunch, but then the hubby called. He works loss prevention, stopping shoplifters, among other things. He was stabbed in the arm with a hunting knife (back of the upper left arm) while stopping a shoplifter. I met up with his at the hospital around 11:30am. Came home and ate pizza and junk. I have a little under 300 calories left for the day, and doubt I'll get in any exercise. I'll try for a light dinner, but I'm not concerned. Just glad my husband is okay. (He's home, all stitched up.) Things will settle down this week, I assume, and I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Hope you all are having wonderful days. If you are in the states and have not yet voted, GO VOTE TOMORROW!! Remember, you can't complain if you never voiced your opinion and cast your vote to begin with! :wink:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    OMG Lauryn! I'm so glad your husband is okay. Don't worry about today. Tomorrow you can start fresh. I would be having a few cocktails!:wink:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    welcome melly.....glad you could join us.
    having another rough day w/DH and his job again....it will work itself out
    went to the gym today for first time on new membership. loved being in there again. i just love the machines. had a free hour trainer. he just went through all the machines that i would use. now to remember it all when i go back. yea right. i haven't figured out if i will go everyday or every other. it is a drive and i don't use weights daily. i have a treadmill at home.
    eating has been good today. of course got exercise in.
    will post food when i am done.
    ttyl, cathy
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good for you Cathy! And I'm sorry to hear about DH. It will get better.:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    melly, welcome! :bigsmile:

Amy, thanks :wink: I have no idea about calories any more... some days I wonder if it's enough and other days I wonder if it's too much. I have to dedicate a good couple of weeks (say, the rest of this challenge, for example!) to being 100% on point so I can really accurately determine whether the numbers are working out. Maybe my body is just more sensitive to my occasional discrepancies than it used to be.

Cathy, I hope the stresses w/ dh work out soon. Glad you had fun at the gym!!

Lauryn, omg! Glad your dh is okay! That must have been so scary!

Well, yet again I let my downer mood today get the better of me. I met friends to take our little ones swimming today. We decided at the last minute to go so I didn't have time to pack snack for after. So afterward I figured I would just wait until we got home to have my scheduled lunch and I got my guys a bowl of soup to share. Cream of mushroom was all they had. They didn't like it and so I ended up having it because "I didn't want to waste it" but in hind sight I wish I'd just turfed the damn stuff rather than eating it!!! So I went back and got them half an egg salad sandwich to share (everything else had deli meats in it - a no-go for us). I had 2 bites of my son's piece and then because I felt like such a failure I had a freakin' DELI chocolate chip cookie! :noway: :explode: :noway: :explode: The whole freakin' thing! And I'm talking about those big ones. So I'll do what I can for the rest of the day to compensate. I haven't entered the foods yet but I'm not looking forward to it. Kristin, I flaked out on you! I have to haul myself kicking and screaming back on the wagon. Damned scale and me for allowing it to affect me so much. I'm taking a break from that thing. Seriously.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    ...ouch... just tabulated the damage. But I can keep cals under still for the day if I'm very very careful. Big salad w/ evoo & balsamic for supper, 1/4 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & a protein shake after dance. And lots of water considering I'm about 3000mg over my 1500mg limit!!! I am FINISHED. If I keep letting the journey get to me like this I'll never meet my goal and I can't let that happen!!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi ladies!!

Just a quick check in, today has been busier than expected and I still have a lot of homework left to do tonight.

Pedal - :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: BIG HUGS!!! I know it's rough but you are an inspiration to this group with how well you have done and how great you are at motivating all of us and keeping us on track. I KNOW you will get through it.

Lauryn - wow, I will be thinking about you and DH tonight!! :heart:

Melly- Welcome!! These women rock, enjoy it!

Kristin - jealous that you got to go to Pizza Ranch, I haven't been in soooo long!!

Today started off well with multi grain cheerios, skim milk and light cran grape juice. I did shred this morning and had a handful of almonds afterwards. Was talked into Olive Garden for lunch but think I did okay with salad just two breadsticks and half of my ravioli. Needless to say I am still wayyyy stuffed so it might just be a little soup tonight or maybe just cereal. Lots of water though as my sodium is way high and I'm going into my TOM which sucks for weigh-in tomorrow but I'm hoping for the best!! :happy:

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Sorry I can't post much today!!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Thanks AmyLou, that means a lot!! :flowerforyou:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I don't have much time today or tomorrow, so I will weigh in on Wed.

Pedal, so sorry to hear how much that scale is getting to you. You know how it is sometimes you don't see the loss you expect, but it shows up another week when you weren't expecting a loss. Do you think your body is trying to hold onto that weight for some reason? Stress maybe. Well, maybe tomorrow will be the day that things change for you.

Have a good one ladies, I'll check in wed.:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Great Value - Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Spread, 2 Tbsp 190
    Sara Lee - 45 Calories and Delightful Wheat Bread, 2 slices 90
    total 280
    Lunch
    Kraft - Mayo With Olive Oil, 1 tbsp 45
    Kraft - 2% Milk Cheese Singles, 2 slice 100
    Chicken Breast Canned Valley Fresh, 2 oz 70
    Flat Out - Light Flatout Wraps, 1 flatbread 90
    Doritos - Tortilla Chips, 11 each 150
    total 455
    Dinner
    Barber Foods - Premium Entrees Stuffed Chicken Breasts Broccoli & Cheese, 1 piece 280
    Betty Crocker - Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes- Microwavable, 2/3 cup prepared 80
    Great Value - Frozen Mixed Vegetables, 2/3 c. 60
    Dole - Packaged Salads - Shredded Lettuce, 1.5 oz
    Good Housekeeping - Perfect Guacamole, 0.0625
    total 434
    Snacks
    Newtons Fruit Crisps - Apple Cinnamon, 2 crisps (28g) 100
    Add Food Remember Meal 100
    Total: 1,269
    Goal: 1,990
    Remaining: 721
    don't know yet what i am having for my evening snack will have after my shower.
    have a good night.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Cass where are you hiding my girl??

Okay, I had a good chat with my husband tonight and I feel a little better - more motivated I guess. So here goes! Tomorrow's plan is:

1: homemade multi-grain porridge
    2: homemade apple sauce & 10g raw brazil nuts
    3: 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    4: chocolate protein drink (after my work out)
    5: steamed cauliflower, carrots & peas (1 cup of each) w/ olive oil, balsamic vinegar & toasted sesame seeds
    6: cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread w/ homemade apple butter
    7: homemade bison chili, 1/2 sprouted grain bagel & 2 cups mixed baby salad greens w/ balsamic
    8: 1 medium banana & 4 raincoast crisp rosemary raisin pecan crackers

workouts: C25K running program week 1 day 2, 100 push-up challenge week 1 day 1, 40 minute advanced step class.
    My above menu is 1400 cals plus 500 work out cals (1900 total cals) so we'll see where the work-outs actually put me. If I'm more than 350 cals under after my actual work out numbers are in then I'll add to my menu but otherwise I'll leave it.

On a good note, I did burn 450 more calories at dance class than I'd accounted for (I usually don't wear my HRM to dance since it isn't that kind of thing...) so that helped with today's indiscretion. I've been so up and down since the start of September but if I let myself get trapped in it I'll go nowhere but down and that's not my style. I want to get my fight back and I think I just might :smile:

Good night ladies! New thread tomorrow!!!...