MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:

FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

:wink: Small changes can bring on big results!! :wink:

FOR THE WEEK OF: July 10 to July16 , 2011

CHOOSE ONE OR MORE THINGS YOU WANT TO WORK ON FOR JUST THIS WEEK, BUT DON'T SET IT TOO HIGH OR UNREACHABLE!!

And please, Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

One small step at a time

You will reach your MAIN GOAL for sure, if you break IT into small actionable steps. It’s should be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

:love: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? :love:

:flowerforyou: Hope to see my old friends & hope to make some new friends! :flowerforyou:

Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request

Last Weeks Link
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/285562-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'll join in:flowerforyou:
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME, Hearts♥Desire !!

This has been a great lil group of supporters & motivators!! Think og your goals for the week and post them here. I think I am gonna make a few changes in mine this week.

GOOD LUCK!! :drinker:
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I need to refocus. I think I gained this last week.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    OK I lost 5 pounds last wek and that was MORE then enough to put me back on track!! Still not all that I gained but I am stepping up to the plate and admiting my weakness. I NEED to learn to say "NO". Just because someone offers me food, I don't need to take it! Just because my hubby wants a sweet treat, doesn't mean I want it!! I need to learn to say NO!!

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Just Say No!
    2♥30 Minutes!!
    3♥Daily Check-in!!!

I believe my Daily Check in is very important for me. There were times I almost did not do my exercise, and when I checked in........... your motivation was too good to pass up, so I did it beore bed. I also remember Kris & MAK saying a similar thing. :wink:

Thank you all :flowerforyou:

:love: LET'S HAVE A GREAT WEEK TAKING CARE OF OURSELVES SO WE CAN TAKE CARE OF OTHERS :love:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    WELCOME blessedmomof8 :flowerforyou:

:drinker: CONGRATS on such a great weight loss already!!

I hope we can all learn from each other as we encourage & support each other. Jump in any time.

Good luck reaching your goals this week!

You girls have beautiful icons!!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!

I love your 'just say no' goal.

I think I understand what to do here (I peeked at last weeks short goals)

Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz)
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri)
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals)
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Goals this week:

1. No more than 2 days over sodium recommendations. I was bad this past week.
    2. Try to increase my pilates endurance. Man are my hip muscles weak!
    3. Enjoy my anniversary on Friday and enjoy a cheat day without guilt.
    4. Try one of the zumba DVDs I borrowed besides the sculpting one.
    5. Give 30 day shreed a one day try out while waiting on my hubby to buy me weights for chalean extreme.. If I like it, it will be a decent starting point.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    WELCOME BACK LADY G :flowerforyou:

GREAT IDEA on your Anniversary!! How many years????? Hey, I have a birthday on Monday, maybe I can have CAKE!!

This is where you remind me to......................................

:laugh: JUST SAY NO :laugh:

Good Luck!! That sodium just seems to creep up there almost worse then calories, with the same affect on me!!
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in!

1] Drink 72 ounces of water a day.

2] Cut down on sodas. No more than 2 a day. I'm currently drinking almost 5 sodas a day and I know that that is what is keeping me heavy. However, I get migraines every time I try to quit cold turkey and I cave in.

3] Log everything. I am so guilty of not doing this every day and I really want to take a more active approach to my weight loss.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    WELCOME HopefulLeigh :flowerforyou:

What a beautiful name!! Good luck reaching your goals. That soda would kill me. It makes me swell. I have Lymphedema and that is a big trigger for me. :-( I have one every once in a while, and usually regret it. Sodium kills me and I wish I could get that under control.

Jump in here whenever you can.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm baaccckk!! :laugh:
    Goals for the week:
    1. Week 6 P90x
    2. 3-4 non P90x workouts
    3. Bed time 10:00 Sunday - Thursday (thanks for the idea Oma :flowerforyou:)
    4. Better control over the weekend. (one of these days I'll get my weekends under control!)

We can do this!! Have a great week and let's dominate these mini goals.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Glad your back MAK :flowerforyou:

You do make a boat load of dificult goals!! LOL You are amazing at getting them done.

I am telling you that I will soon have to start going to bed earlier. It makes so much sense too.

Good Luck this week!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Glad your back MAK :flowerforyou:

You do make a boat load of dificult goals!! LOL You are amazing at getting them done.

I am telling you that I will soon have to start going to bed earlier. It makes so much sense too.

Good Luck this week!!

Teeheee!! MAK's back it rhymes!
    Tell me about!! I feel so much better when I get to bed on time. I need to stop MFP'ing when I go to bed! I end up sitting on here all night checking out the boards. NOT that I'm doing that now (hehehehe :wink:)
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Oops, posted in the "old" thread....

Here is what I wrote:
    I'm so sorry for not checking in all week! I didn't make my exercise goal but I still lost weight.... I really, REALLY, need some motivation to start exercising again.....

I MIGHT have found it in that I'd like to lose 20 more pounds (but honestly, I'd prefer to lose 30 more) before October 16th - which is my 30th birthday.

I need to stay on track - any tips on how to get back on the exercise train?! It's SO hot during the day that I have no desire to work out! I don't have a gym membership (the 2 week pass ran out) so any advice would be great.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    It's a beautiful Sunday morning and I feel so much better today! Sitting here drinking my coffee and waiting for my work clothes to dry! I've decided that this week, I'm going to make 2 weight loss goals, and 2 personal improvement goals. (which will give everyone a sneak peek into the chaos that is my life!)

Goal 1: ChaLean Xtreme program faithfully! There's no way I honestly can't find half an hour even on my busiest day!
    Goal 2: Clean kitchen immediately after meals. I'm notorious for letting things sit!
    Goal 3: Increase my water(slacked off lately and I can feel it!) and decrease sodium(MFP says 2500 going to try to keep it at 2000)
    Goal 4: Take 30 minutes a day for me time; shaving my legs, painting my toe nails, facial treatment, etc....

I honestly think goal 4 will be my hardest. 28 years of spending every moment taking care of someone else's needs is a tough habit to break!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sunday to Sunday my goals:
    1 Practice Tai Chi each day for seven days.
    2 Stretch 15 minutes in the evening each day for flexibility.
    I am certified to teach Tai Chi and hope to take students when I retire next year.:happy:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    WELCOME katkins3 :flowerforyou:

Good Luck this week!! Hmmmmmmmm maybe you can practice by kicking my Butt this week!!

I am sure you can help support us all!! Looking forward to hearing from you!!
  • MissyHarb
    MissyHarb Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm in....My goals are as follows....
    1. Drink more water ( at least 72 oz daily)
    2. Cut out some carbs. (I am starting to notice everytime I eat carbs I have like a 2 lb gain. It doesn't matter what kind of carb I eat, I gain. So, Gonna try to cut some of that out.)
    3. Exercise at least 5 days a week ( walk, swim or the wii for at least 45 minutes daily)
  • pamarnold
    pamarnold Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm in... and BACK!!
    My goals for this week are:

1. to drink all of my water daily (at least 72 oz.)
    2. to get in at least 30 minutes of hardcore exercise daily and 1 hour of
    easy movement (such as housecleaning or laundry. :sad:
    3. eat 1 protein, 1 veggie, and 1 fruit for 5 small meals per day and for breakfast have 2 protein and oatmeal.
    4. post my food/exercise every day on mfp.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    WELCOME BACK LADY G :flowerforyou:

GREAT IDEA on your Anniversary!! How many years????? Hey, I have a birthday on Monday, maybe I can have CAKE!!

This is where you remind me to......................................

:laugh: JUST SAY NO :laugh:

Good Luck!! That sodium just seems to creep up there almost worse then calories, with the same affect on me!!

11 years and I say, let them eat cake! Granted, budget for it and eat a piece but we all deserve to celebrate our special day. I'm hoping for a trip to the melting pot. I love that place, but the calories and sodium...woah!

And I've had a weight loss stall. I think the sodium is part of a multi piece puzzle for me so I have to be careful with it.

Good luck everyone on your goals this week!

Oma, goals 2 & 4 sound like you wrote them for me! You can doit! At least for me I can blame the hubby every other day as we alternate who cooks and who cleans.

Mak, I need my child to practice your bedtime rules so I can go to sleep on time too!