MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    I MIGHT have found it in that I'd like to lose 20 more pounds (but honestly, I'd prefer to lose 30 more) before October 16th - which is my 30th birthday.

I need to stay on track - any tips on how to get back on the exercise train?! It's SO hot during the day that I have no desire to work out! I don't have a gym membership (the 2 week pass ran out) so any advice would be great.
    Suz, That's a lot to lose in such a small amount of time for someone that lost as much as you already did, in such a short time. Make sure it's the healthy way!! When was your last physical? Maybe you need to get an exam, just to check everything. Forgive me for my concern, if you already done that. I care about you.

PLUS You know that EXERCISE is my BIG problem. I included it on my weekly challenges each week now, and am getting much better making sure I do it. I really want to give a good report daily. Yes, I found myself making myself do it before bed on a few occasions just to get it in. I even had to PINKY SWEAR to get it done, BUT I DID IT!! Another thing may be to simply change what you are doing. I honestly LOVE my Stability Ball cus it's fun!! I can work out on it as I watch TV! You would be surprised what all you can do when on that ball.

I'm going to make 2 weight loss goals, and 2 personal improvement goals. (which will give everyone a sneak peek into the chaos that is my life!)

I honestly think goal 4 will be my hardest. 28 years of spending every moment taking care of someone else's needs is a tough habit to break!
    Oma
    Those re GREAT goals!! I am very guilty of your personal goals!! Especially when I am back at work. Keeping after dishes in the summer is much easier for m when I am home, but once I am back to work............ forget it. Thank God my hubby tries to keep after me but sometimes I am a very messy cook! LOL

Painting Nails???? Good luck on that one!! I WISH!!

You will feel better when you can make time for yourself!

I'm in....My goals are as follows....
    1. Drink more water ( at least 72 oz daily)
    2. Cut out some carbs. (I am starting to notice everytime I eat carbs I have like a 2 lb gain. It doesn't matter what kind of carb I eat, I gain. So, Gonna try to cut some of that out.)
    3. Exercise at least 5 days a week ( walk, swim or the wii for at least 45 minutes daily)
    Missy :flowerforyou: WELCOME BACK!!
    Good luck this week!! Nice to see you here!!

I'm in... and BACK!!
    My goals for this week are:

1. to drink all of my water daily (at least 72 oz.)
    2. to get in at least 30 minutes of hardcore exercise daily and 1 hour of
    easy movement (such as housecleaning or laundry. :sad:
    3. eat 1 protein, 1 veggie, and 1 fruit for 5 small meals per day and for breakfast have 2 protein and oatmeal.
    4. post my food/exercise every day on mfp.
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Back Pam!!
    Good Luck this week!! Looks like some good goals there!!

11 years and I say, let them eat cake! Granted, budget for it and eat a piece but we all deserve to celebrate our special day. I'm hoping for a trip to the melting pot. I love that place, but the calories and sodium...woah!

And I've had a weight loss stall. I think the sodium is part of a multi piece puzzle for me so I have to be careful with it.
    Lady G
    So CAKE it is!! LOL Let's PINKY SWEAR to ONE PIECE!! And make sure we work it off & work it in!!!! Sodium???? .......sigh LOL Me thinks we have a lot in common!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart::heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    MAK
    Soooooooooooooo how did I do??????? I am gonna hit send now and see what happens!! :bigsmile:

If this post looks good, .....................it's MAK's fault!! :flowerforyou: LOL

If I messed this post up real bad, ............... it's MY fault! :sad: LOL
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :drinker: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MAK!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED !!!!!:drinker:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( B I G :heart: H U G )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad I found this thread and I AM IN. I decided before I found the thread that today I am starting over. I've been trying to lose weight without making a true commitment to exercise, so:
    Goals:
    1. Exercise every day.
    2. Eat more balanced meals.
    3. Pay attention to "net calories", meaning I'm not going to try to be "under" but instead exercise and make sure my "net" is 1230 which is what MFP gives me.

Looking forward to making these changes and hopefully having some success!
  • danlyn
    Options
    Woops! MFP gives me 1220 calories, not 1230 - just being honest :blushing:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad I found this thread and I AM IN. I decided before I found the thread that today I am starting over. I've been trying to lose weight without making a true commitment to exercise, so:
    Goals:
    1. Exercise every day.
    2. Eat more balanced meals.
    3. Pay attention to "net calories", meaning I'm not going to try to be "under" but instead exercise and make sure my "net" is 1230 which is what MFP gives me.

Looking forward to making these changes and hopefully having some success!

WELCOME DANLYN :flowerforyou:
    Oooooooooooooooooo I do like that #3!! What a GREAT way to look at that one!! Trust me, exercise has been my downfall and I am trying so hard to adapt it as part of my routine. But It is so hard for me to actually enjoy it! :-(

WE CAN DO THIS!!

Good Luck this week!!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to join your challenge!!! my week will begin today.. 17july thru 24july... my weight is 298.2 (yay!! finally below 300!!) i have been committed for the last 6 weeks and am feeling SO good!! i am already committed to doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and have completed Day 10 (today) Level One... so that will NOT be part of my new goals..

GOALS FOR THE WEEK...
    1. Drink a Minimum of 12 cups of water (96oz) per day
    2. Add a Minimum of 30 minutes of swimming per day (i have a beautiful swimming pond just outside my door.. NO EXCUSES!!)
    3. Add an additional 100 (total) crunches/leg lifts/bicycles *something lower ab ... have a TERRIBLE lower belly issue...

i'm excited.. and look forward to getting to know you all!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME!!! :flowerforyou:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    i would LOVE to join your challenge!!! my week will begin today.. 17july thru 24july... my weight is 298.2 (yay!! finally below 300!!) i have been committed for the last 6 weeks and am feeling SO good!! i am already committed to doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and have completed Day 10 (today) Level One... so that will NOT be part of my new goals..

GOALS FOR THE WEEK...
    1. Drink a Minimum of 12 cups of water (96oz) per day
    2. Add a Minimum of 30 minutes of swimming per day (i have a beautiful swimming pond just outside my door.. NO EXCUSES!!)
    3. Add an additional 100 (total) crunches/leg lifts/bicycles *something lower ab ... have a TERRIBLE lower belly issue...

i'm excited.. and look forward to getting to know you all!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME!!! :flowerforyou:

WELCOME CCMULDER :flowerforyou:
    Lookng forward to getting to know you!!

Those are some pretty tough goals there, so good luck reaching them this week. I hope we can help support you as I know you will me.

Heck you already impressed me by doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!! God Bless you!! I don't think I will ever be able to do anything Jullian does. LOL I will visualize her yelling at me, and I can't stand yelling!! LOL
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Would like to join this challenge if I may : )

Goals this week:
    1. drink 80 oz of water every day
    2. log food every day

I was on vacation for the past two weeks and got a little lazy with logging food!

Nice to meet everyone on this thread:glasses:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Would like to join this challenge if I may : )

Goals this week:
    1. drink 80 oz of water every day
    2. log food every day

I was on vacation for the past two weeks and got a little lazy with logging food!

Nice to meet everyone on this thread:glasses:

WELCOME MROGERS :flowerforyou:
    Nice to have you with us!! Great goals to get you back in the swing of things!! Good Luck!!

Please jump in here anytime!! This group is fantastic!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    I MIGHT have found it in that I'd like to lose 20 more pounds (but honestly, I'd prefer to lose 30 more) before October 16th - which is my 30th birthday.

I need to stay on track - any tips on how to get back on the exercise train?! It's SO hot during the day that I have no desire to work out! I don't have a gym membership (the 2 week pass ran out) so any advice would be great.
    Suz, That's a lot to lose in such a small amount of time for someone that lost as much as you already did, in such a short time. Make sure it's the healthy way!! When was your last physical? Maybe you need to get an exam, just to check everything. Forgive me for my concern, if you already done that. I care about you.

PLUS You know that EXERCISE is my BIG problem. I included it on my weekly challenges each week now, and am getting much better making sure I do it. I really want to give a good report daily. Yes, I found myself making myself do it before bed on a few occasions just to get it in. I even had to PINKY SWEAR to get it done, BUT I DID IT!! Another thing may be to simply change what you are doing. I honestly LOVE my Stability Ball cus it's fun!! I can work out on it as I watch TV! You would be surprised what all you can do when on that ball.

I'm going to make 2 weight loss goals, and 2 personal improvement goals. (which will give everyone a sneak peek into the chaos that is my life!)

I honestly think goal 4 will be my hardest. 28 years of spending every moment taking care of someone else's needs is a tough habit to break!
    Oma
    Those re GREAT goals!! I am very guilty of your personal goals!! Especially when I am back at work. Keeping after dishes in the summer is much easier for m when I am home, but once I am back to work............ forget it. Thank God my hubby tries to keep after me but sometimes I am a very messy cook! LOL

Painting Nails???? Good luck on that one!! I WISH!!

You will feel better when you can make time for yourself!

I'm in....My goals are as follows....
    1. Drink more water ( at least 72 oz daily)
    2. Cut out some carbs. (I am starting to notice everytime I eat carbs I have like a 2 lb gain. It doesn't matter what kind of carb I eat, I gain. So, Gonna try to cut some of that out.)
    3. Exercise at least 5 days a week ( walk, swim or the wii for at least 45 minutes daily)
    Missy :flowerforyou: WELCOME BACK!!
    Good luck this week!! Nice to see you here!!

I'm in... and BACK!!
    My goals for this week are:

1. to drink all of my water daily (at least 72 oz.)
    2. to get in at least 30 minutes of hardcore exercise daily and 1 hour of
    easy movement (such as housecleaning or laundry. :sad:
    3. eat 1 protein, 1 veggie, and 1 fruit for 5 small meals per day and for breakfast have 2 protein and oatmeal.
    4. post my food/exercise every day on mfp.
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Back Pam!!
    Good Luck this week!! Looks like some good goals there!!

11 years and I say, let them eat cake! Granted, budget for it and eat a piece but we all deserve to celebrate our special day. I'm hoping for a trip to the melting pot. I love that place, but the calories and sodium...woah!

And I've had a weight loss stall. I think the sodium is part of a multi piece puzzle for me so I have to be careful with it.
    Lady G
    So CAKE it is!! LOL Let's PINKY SWEAR to ONE PIECE!! And make sure we work it off & work it in!!!! Sodium???? .......sigh LOL Me thinks we have a lot in common!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart::heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    MAK
    Soooooooooooooo how did I do??????? I am gonna hit send now and see what happens!! :bigsmile:

If this post looks good, .....................it's MAK's fault!! :flowerforyou: LOL

If I messed this post up real bad, ............... it's MY fault! :sad: LOL

It looks great!! And y'all need to stop keeping it a secret! How?? I beseech thee...HOW????
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I see several faces here I don't recognize! As one of MissDee's little orphans I welcome everyone! And I welcome all to kick my butt if necessary!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Mak, I need my child to practice your bedtime rules so I can go to sleep on time too!

Oh yea it's tough to get yourself to bed on time when kids don't work with ya!
    :drinker: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MAK!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED !!!!!:drinker:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( B I G :heart: H U G )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

YAY!! So glad it worked :)

I'm with OMA on this welcome all the new faces. And feel free to kick my butt as needed :happy:
    Have a great afternoon everyone!
  • danlyn
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. I plan on making myself and YOU proud. I need to stay honest with myself and you nice people who are willing to support me so please kick my butt, as well, if you see a need :flowerforyou:
  • danlyn
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. I plan on making myself and YOU proud. I need to stay honest with myself and you nice people who are willing to support me so please kick my butt, as well, if you see a need :flowerforyou:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sunday to Sunday my goals:
    1 Practice Tai Chi each day for seven days.
    2 Stretch 15 minutes in the evening each day for flexibility.
    I am certified to teach Tai Chi and hope to take students when I retire next year.:happy:

Sunday evening and I did the Tai Chi forms at the gym this morning and stretched after dinner.
    Today is my 50th day with MFP, so I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 12.5 lb. since Memorial Day, when I started.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Here to do this again, last week was better but still need to keep setting goals. Working on staying near my MFP calorie goal, daily walk and water consumption still my goal for this week.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am in again! My week is Mon-Sun
    1) Exercise 450 min
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water
    3) Stay under calories (went over a little 2 times last week)
    4) Start 30 Day Shred (nervous about that one)
    Have a great week everyone and the best of luck ;)
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I need some opinions. This is the most supportive and least opinionated group I've found so I'm coming to you! My sodium intake is always at or just above daily recommendation of 2500. I'm usually between 2500 and 3000. And of course a majority of people who look at my diary say "Oh you've GOT to cut down on the sodium. And I do usually watch it to make sure it's not way out of whack. Here's my dilemma. I have never in my life had a problem with sodium. My blood pressure is borderline low, I've never had bloating or water retention except TOM. I spend at least 6 hours a day, every day, literally pouring sweat. Not glowing, not perspiring, but looking like I was in the shower soaking wet from sweat. I drink about 12 to 15 glasses of water a day(6 to 8 .5 litre bottles) I honestly don't believe my 500 or so mg over is really a problem. Please tell me what you think, and if I'm missing any valid points here!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Here to do this again, last week was better but still need to keep setting goals. Working on staying near my MFP calorie goal, daily walk and water consumption still my goal for this week.
    :flowerforyou: Glad you're back Kris!! You inspire me to get on the ball, even when I want to go to bed! LOL

Good luck reaching your goals this week!!

]I am in again! My week is Mon-Sun
    1) Exercise 450 min
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water
    3) Stay under calories (went over a little 2 times last week)

:flowerforyou: Yea Crazyquilters back too!! Keep us posted on the Shred!! I wish I had the guts & willpower to try it. I am afraid of hurting my knees. :-(
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting that tomorrow too. Jillian scares the bejeebus out of me and I'm excited for the challenge.

As for today, I managed to make my goals. I'm dying for a coke. I exhausted my two maximum [cans] before 2 p.m. So sad.