MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    WoW! I am still amazed at the energy in here! :happy:

@ ladygloria~I have dvds, that way I can fit them in on my time.

@ pamelajoy~I love southern Oregon, such a beautiful area!

@ everyone~~~GREAT going!!! :flowerforyou:

Day 4 for me. . .
    Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~done
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~done with quite a sweat today, if I do say so.
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~ under!

Everyone have a blessed tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

Sweat is a Wonderful Thing! People always ask me how I can stand sweating every day(ok, all day) I ask them if they've ever seen me with acne? Nope! I'm almost 45, do you see wrinkles or discolorations? Nope! That's cuz sweat keeps your pores cleared and helps remove old yucky skin!!! Without the expense of crazy facial treatments!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Day threeee for meeeee!

I'm inspired by the woman who cleans the kitchen after meals -- that will be a mini goal for me to start next week.

Here's my progress today:

1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- done! This is getting easier, once I tell myself that the food isn't going anywhere.
    2. LOG EVERY DAY -- done! Even the gummi bears, which I'm embarrassed about
    3. GET UP FROM DESK EVERY HOUR TO WALK AROUND -- done!

Love the support and love the mini goals!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Woohoo!!! I'm dancin again!!! 2.4 pounds down this morning!!! Just couldn't wait for tonight report to shout it out to the world!!! 17 pounds away from my September 10th goal!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My Dear Sweet Oma,
    Woohoo!!! I'm dancin again!!! 2.4 pounds down this morning!!! Just couldn't wait for tonight report to shout it out to the world!!! 17 pounds away from my September 10th goal!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! THAT'S A HECK OF A LOSS!! :drinker:

You have been really workkin' it Oma!! Very Proud of you!!
    Report Day 4

Well, it was supposed to be a 30 minute nap...turned into a 2 1/2 hour nap!!

I can see that happening in this heat! What else was there to do? SWEAT????? LOL
    Sweat is a Wonderful Thing! People always ask me how I can stand sweating every day(ok, all day) I ask them if they've ever seen me with acne? Nope! I'm almost 45, do you see wrinkles or discolorations? Nope! That's cuz sweat keeps your pores cleared and helps remove old yucky skin!!! Without the expense of crazy facial treatments!

Now I know why I still get acne at the age of 55!! I HATE TO SWEAT!! I am gonna really work hard on sweating!! WAIT!! I am NOT 55 anymore LOL I am now 56 years old! Oh My Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

HAVE A GREAT SWEATY DAY OMA!!

PS, If you message me your email address, I will send you MAK's instructions on Multi-Quoting!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I started my second round of the 30 Day Shred tonight!

Now, I must think of the next goal. See you next week!

Its only mid week, maybe you can make another? Congrats on completing.

Dee, congrats on the exercise and cake passing. You're rocking it!

No. I set a goal. I achieved the goal. Next week is a new week. :bigsmile:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Day threeee for meeeee!

I'm inspired by the woman who cleans the kitchen after meals -- that will be a mini goal for me to start next week.

Here's my progress today:

1. NO EATING AFTER 8PM -- done! This is getting easier, once I tell myself that the food isn't going anywhere.
    2. LOG EVERY DAY -- done! Even the gummi bears, which I'm embarrassed about
    3. GET UP FROM DESK EVERY HOUR TO WALK AROUND -- done!

Love the support and love the mini goals!
    Wanderinglight
    You are doing GREAT!! I am impressed if you can actually make yourself get up and move every hour. That is a HARD goal, as simple as it sounds.......... I KNOW it is a difficult one!! GOOD JOB!!

Cleaning a kitchen after meals is NOT that high on my "To Do" List!! LOL My hubby actually starts it by putting leftover food away. ;-)
  • missdeehere
    Options

woooooo hoooooo!! I love the attitude!!

We all know that you will be mindful of your reasons for being here!!

GREAT FOR MEATING YOUR GOAL SO FAST!!! YOU ROCK LADY!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • missdeehere
    Options

woooooo hoooooo!! I love the attitude!!

We all know that you will be mindful of your reasons for being here!!

GREAT FOR MEATING YOUR GOAL SO FAST!!! YOU ROCK LADY!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    PS, If you message me your email address, I will send you MAK's instructions on Multi-Quoting!!

That would be great if you could... I deleted the work doc with the instructions .... :blushing: Sorry Oma, I was hoping that I had saved it :(
    Dee, you could also take out the pictures and send her the instructions through PM. THANKS DEE :happy:
  • missdeehere
    Options

That would be great if you could... I deleted the work doc with the instructions .... :blushing: Sorry Oma, I was hoping that I had saved it :(
    Dee, you could also take out the pictures and send her the instructions through PM. THANKS DEE :happy:

NOPE!!

No matter what I did, it would NOT paste in the message box. Soooooo I think the email will be necessary.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Morning All:heart:

Chiming in for yesterday, today. Oops, already lax on that new goal of mine. LOL

Great workout yesterday
    Water looked good
    Food diary not too shabby and it's going quite well.
    Report in each night for days goal results... a work in progress! :blushing: :wink:

Dropped another 1.4 lbs. YAY!:love::drinker: I gotta be doing something right!:tongue:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you that have sent friend invites, I'm saving them until I get a bit braver at adding friends. Currently I don't have any on my list, I'm embarrassed to have anyone see my goals, current weight, goal weight etc. etc. Yes I NEED to get over this. I don't judge others on their weight, their losses, goals etc., but I'm far harder on myself than anyone else, probably why I ended up on MFP. :laugh:

That's a good part of why I jumped on board with this Challenge to get to know others that are super supportive/friendly and feel safe. So my next step is breaking through this fear of adding friends to my friend list because I know how important that is!.

I've been working solo for awhile and only chiming in every so often on the boards. I think it scares me to see the ugliness of the boards sometimes so that in part was why I never added anyone when I joined.:cry:

Please Please don't take this personally if you've sent me an invite, I just need a wee bit of time to get settled in here and then I imagine I'll feel more comfortable adding folks.

Thanks for being patient with me and understanding:wink::flowerforyou: :heart:

You all are the BEST! I've never been part of a challenge that I feel so open to be me, it's a good feeling and such a relief to know there ARE good people on here (MFP) that do want to treat others well and succeed and be excited when others do so as well.:happy:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you that have sent friend invites, I'm saving them until I get a bit braver at adding friends. Currently I don't have any on my list, I'm embarrassed to have anyone see my goals, current weight, goal weight etc. etc. Yes I NEED to get over this. I don't judge others on their weight, their losses, goals etc., but I'm far harder on myself than anyone else, probably why I ended up on MFP. :laugh:

That's a good part of why I jumped on board with this Challenge to get to know others that are super supportive/friendly and feel safe. So my next step is breaking through this fear of adding friends to my friend list because I know how important that is!.

I've been working solo for awhile and only chiming in every so often on the boards. I think it scares me to see the ugliness of the boards sometimes so that in part was why I never added anyone when I joined.:cry:

Please Please don't take this personally if you've sent me an invite, I just need a wee bit of time to get settled in here and then I imagine I'll feel more comfortable adding folks.

You all are the BEST! I've never been part of a challenge that I feel so open to be me, it's a good feeling and such a relief to know there ARE good people on here (MFP) that do want to treat others well and succeed and be excited when others do so as well.:happy:

Everyone has to feel comfortable before they can move on to new things. The fact that you've joined this challenge shows you're on your way. Keep up the good work and good luck with your goals. Take care and hopefully we will be MFP friends soon :flowerforyou:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I need to check in and report on yesterday. Went to the Cape to visit family and did not get my exercise in :(. But, I did have a personal victory of not eating any junk while sitting on the beach and we went to dinner and I had grilled swordfish, rice pilaf and diet coke!!! FYI: We were at an awesome fried fish restaurant, but I held back - YEAH!! I never would have done that before all of your encouragement and support - THANKS! Hoping to get a swim in later today.

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss and sticking with their goals day in and day out:happy:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mrogers, thanks!

Blessed mom, I have borrowed the first set of DVDs. I need to get to them all.

Georgiana, fair enough. I like a girl who knows what she needs. :) we all work differently. How is the shred going?

Mak, good job taking the rest day and listening to your body. Glad you got right back into gear today.

Oma, yay you for napping. Way to listen to your body and get that you time in.

Danlyn, way to go on the healthy food choices. Hope you had a good day.

Hearts desire, do what works for you. Also know that when you do want friends, they can see only what you choose for them too. Read up on settings so you get comfy. At least you know you can find nice ones here.

Great work guys!

As for me, no shred today. Went on a daycare field trip and was gone until dinner and zumba class. Still working on eating back those calories. Oy! Lol! On the plus side, sodium is good today too. Sugar on the other hand...
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Forgot to log in yesterday, way under calories :happy: water 6 cups :sad: and the have the indoor walking area blocked with construction and it is over 100 here so no walks this week:cry:

Today great on water, but everything else was a bust!!
    Had to take my son to ER to remove googly eye from up his nose:grumble: :huh: what would possess a child to jab something up their nose or into their ear????? Well I am 2 for 2 about a year ago we had to take daughter in to remove rock from her ear?!?!?!:embarassed:
    :ohwell: tomorrow has to get better. I at least show a loss for the week!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Day 4 of 30DS. I felt the 5lb weights so I am happy I upped them =) I did not burn as many calories today as I normally do in any of my exercises =( Am I getting use to them already? Went for a walk and swam today too. I have already met and passed my goal of 450 min of exercise for the week and I still have 3 days left. I will have to think about upping it for next time.

Great work everyone.

A googly eye Kris? Kids LOL
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Forgot to log in yesterday, way under calories :happy: water 6 cups :sad: and the have the indoor walking area blocked with construction and it is over 100 here so no walks this week:cry:

Today great on water, but everything else was a bust!!
    Had to take my son to ER to remove googly eye from up his nose:grumble: :huh: what would possess a child to jab something up their nose or into their ear????? Well I am 2 for 2 about a year ago we had to take daughter in to remove rock from her ear?!?!?!:embarassed:
    :ohwell: tomorrow has to get better. I at least show a loss for the week!

Kris
    I can't help but laugh. When my youngest daughter was around 2 years old, I was Christmas Decorating. She shoved a small ROUND RED Plastic Holly Berry up her nose. :grumble: I took her to ER and Dr said they may have to do surgery because the dang thing was round and kept slipping away from the tweezers he was using to try & get it out. I was praying real hard....... he finally got a grip on it! phew

Soooooooooo I understand too well!

Do what you can.

I still did NOT get my exercise in and I am wayyyyyyy over calories. :-( Thinking of makng myself do it and thinking of taking a cool shower instead. :-( :noway:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Crazy Q
    WAY TO GO THERE!! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!

Lady G
    Are u working in the Daycare for the summer or do you have a lil one?
  • missdeehere
    Options

:heart: Desire

Do what you feel comfortable doing. We still love you!! :flowerforyou:

I have to laugh cus I would NOT even tell my sister how much I weigh but I post it so freely here! :laugh:

I think there is comfort having the screen in front of me. We are happy that you are here with us and I will be honest when I say that there has been a lot of people come in & out of this group but the ones that seem to stay are the ones to really bond and build friendships with. Very good, careing and loving people. Ohhhhhhh and very supportive not only in weight loss, but in our personal lives. I am so happy that when I disappeared a few weeks someone on this thread cared enough to email me to check on me. Yep, best group of people that I like being with.

Maybe when you get brave enough you can add one friend at a time. You can always delete them if you choose. I know that I would understand. And u can always keep your settings private.

I find it helpful to look at other Food Diaries.
    Mine is chaos today cus I had cookies at snack and tonight I had some fudge. :-( I still didn't log that one! grrrrrrrrrrr