MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone,this is a warm and fuzzy place to be. You guys are great to report into and support. Way to go on the goals!

Level 1 day 2 of the 30 day shred survived. May see how longi can do this instead of worrying about additional zumba timethis week. I hate it, but it does the job on the parts I can do.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Day 2 of the30DS I was not sore at all! I am so surprised. I am going to bump the weights up from 3lbs to 5lbs, they seem too light on every thing except latteral raises. Went for a walk this morning and went for a nice long swim this afternoon, to cool down.
    Everyone looks to be off to a great start this week. Keep it up :drinker:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Day 2 of the30DS I was not sore at all! I am so surprised. I am going to bump the weights up from 3lbs to 5lbs, they seem too light on every thing except latteral raises. Went for a walk this morning and went for a nice long swim this afternoon, to cool down.
    Everyone looks to be off to a great start this week. Keep it up :drinker:

Wow! That's awesome! After day 2, I wasn't sore... I was in severe pain! We're talking couldn't walk, had to call in to work pain for 3 days! Pretty sure I did something wrong because I'm just stronger than that!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Did a little better with pilates today. It's a challenge. Also did day one of the shred. If I can survive it, may try a round while saving for enough weights for chalean.

Oma, how does losing weighthelp with that? I originally planned to wait until ONEderland to start it, but then got excited. Btw, way to take some you time today!

I think he's really worried about my joints more than anything. I put a lot of strain on them and have a history of various joint issues
  • FabOma08
    Options
    GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

FORGIVE ME!! I'm Exhausted!! 4 hrs driving & 6 hours waiting while Hubby had his "Pain School" and I will repeate the day tomorrow. BUT He is getting a lot of help & ideas!! This is great.

For those that don't know, my hubby was recently dignosed with Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) AKA, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)

So we have a LOT of medical appointments 2 hrs away.

I tried to walk today but it was just too dang hot I couldn't breath! I thought I would die. So I only walked 15 min & was tooooo exhausted tonight to do anything. I did make supper & do the dishes though. LOL

Reporting today

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Just Say No!♥ ♥ NO TO HUBBY'S COOKIES!
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥ 15 MINUTES!! nope
    3♥Daily Check-in!!!♥ ♥ i'M HERE!!!

2.5 out of 3 ain't too shabby!!!! Now, for all you people who are complaining about the heat....come to work with me please! It's 90 to 100 degrees outside, step into my big metal building! Sorry, no insulation, no A.C., you can stand in front of the fan though! Now, lets get these table saws and drill presses, and paint sprayers going!!! Hmm, no room, lets paint outside! Ugh!!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I am so happy to have joined you all for this weekly challenge business. I have had a good day (mfp wise) for the first time in a long time. Everyone on here is so upbeat! I really leaves a person with a good feeling! :happy:

Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~YES! 120 and more.
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~I did! for much longer than I have for weeks!
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~I did it! It has been so long since I have seen that calorie number green in the evening!

MissDee, prayers for your husband and his health. :flowerforyou:

That's absolutely Fabulous!!! I agree with you. Every time I check in here I find myself smiling. Even if I had a horrible day, I feel better. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying too!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I love this post. These days I'm taking it one week at a time, and if that doesn't work it's one day at a time, and if that doesn't work then it's one right decision at a time all day long until they add up :happy:

My goals and progress:

1. NO EATING PAST 8PM -- check. I'm so hungry tonight though!
    2. LOG IN CALORIES -- check
    3. GET UP EVERY HOUR FROM MY DESK AND WALK AROUND -- check!

Instead of eating tonight I went for a 60-minute walk down by the beach. it felt great!

Great plan. And really, isn't that what life is? Just taking each moment and making the most of it!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I'd like to join your group too! Maybe one week at a time will be easier to manage than my bigger goal. (Always looking at the whole mountain instead of the next ten feet! LOL)
    My goals are: (I'm going Tues. to Sunday just this week.)

Make my calorie goals. This is the hardest for me because I tend to wait to eat until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then I'm starving and I start snacking like crazy.
    Find 3 new waterfalls and hike to them.
    Increase my water to 4 daily. (I usually run 1, maybe 2. I'm not a water drinker!)

That's it!

Wow!! Where do you live? I'd have to walk a long long long way to find waterfalls! OOOOPS!! Sorry! Welcome! I swear I have the worst manners!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    And... I would have put all these replies together on one post but the meanies won't tell me how to do it!!! Not naming names though, right MissDee and MAK???
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 3

Goal 1: Daily Excercise
    Today's exercise was cleaning out the garage and unload furniture off the trailer into the garage!
    Goal 2: Clean kitchen immediately after meals. I'm notorious for letting things sit!
    Just finished my wonderful grilled tilapia and I'm not having my dessert till I clean up the kitchen. I worked hard for that dessert, and I will have it!!
    Goal 3: Increase my water(slacked off lately and I can feel it!)
    Hit 13 glasses today
    Goal 4: Take 30 minutes a day for me time;
    Going to bed 30 minutes early to lay relaxing and read my book!

Added bonus today! If you noticed my "walking to Cozumel" tracker, I'm finally below 1,000 miles! My goal is to get there by my birthday in March, because if I reach my weight loss goal I've set for then, a trip to Cozumel is going to be my reward!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    slightly over calories today water ok no walk
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone!
    Third Zumba class this week!
    Logging food and drinking water.
    I really enjoy reading this thread. Nice positive people!:flowerforyou:
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You and your husband are in my prayers:flowerforyou: Hope all goes well with doctor appointments

Thank you so much!! We appreciate any & all prayers!

I am so happy to have joined you all for this weekly challenge business. I have had a good day (mfp wise) for the first time in a long time. Everyone on here is so upbeat! I really leaves a person with a good feeling! :happy:

Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~YES! 120 and more.
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~I did! for much longer than I have for weeks!
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~I did it! It has been so long since I have seen that calorie number green in the evening!

MissDee, prayers for your husband and his health. :flowerforyou:

Happy you are here too!! I am really glad that you had a good day, this site is just so AWESOME and to think it is all FREE!! I Love it here too!! I like the tools much better then when I was a paying online Weight Watcher member.

Thanks for your prayers!

Keep those calories down hon, YOU CAN DO IT!!

I love this post. These days I'm taking it one week at a time, and if that doesn't work it's one day at a time, and if that doesn't work then it's one right decision at a time all day long until they add up :happy:

My goals and progress:

1. NO EATING PAST 8PM -- check. I'm so hungry tonight though!
    2. LOG IN CALORIES -- check
    3. GET UP EVERY HOUR FROM MY DESK AND WALK AROUND -- check!

Instead of eating tonight I went for a 60-minute walk down by the beach. it felt great!

WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE!! I LOVE IT!! Great choice in WALKING and not eating!! WOW!! Impressive!! Keep going girl. you're going in the right drection!

Mondays Results - got a great 2 hr. workout in, good amount of water & my food diary looked good!:drinker:

Adding another goal!!:wink::heart: Remembering to check in each day here and share how the day was.:flowerforyou:

BEAUTIFUL DAY!! I had to add the check in daily because it really does help me to stay focused. Just ask some of the older people here, every time I disappear.......I GAIN WEIGHT!! :-(

Keep up the good work there!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I'd like to join your group too! Maybe one week at a time will be easier to manage than my bigger goal. (Always looking at the whole mountain instead of the next ten feet! LOL)
    My goals are: (I'm going Tues. to Sunday just this week.)

Make my calorie goals. This is the hardest for me because I tend to wait to eat until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then I'm starving and I start snacking like crazy.
    Find 3 new waterfalls and hike to them.
    Increase my water to 4 daily. (I usually run 1, maybe 2. I'm not a water drinker!)

That's it!

WELCOME PAMELA :flowerforyou:
    Great to have you with us!! Maybe it would be helpful to look at the other Food Diaries to help with the day eating. Nights are worse for me. :-( Maybe you are not eating enough at meals, or maybe you need to eat more smaller meals throughout the day. Just a thought.

If you want exercise advice.......... I AM NOT YOUR GIRL!! LOL I only know about FOOD! LOL
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Hi All,
    Reporting on yesterday, day 2 for me! Didn't do any exercise, TOO HOT! But, my calories were just around goal so I don't feel too badly. I work at a school so I am on summer break and I find that makes it hard to eat breakfast, but I'm making a point to try. I'm so happy to have found all of you, I like this group and this idea of baby steps. I think it is so easy to get discouraged when you try to accomplish too much at once.

With this heat coming in everywhere, I hope everyone only does what they can manage for exercise and not worry about it. I've been badly dehydrated once during a charity walk and believe me, you don't want to go through that. HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE :drinker:

Dee, I wish your husband fast relief from his pain.:flowerforyou:

Happy losing to us all!!!!!!!

Thank you Danlyn. It's is just wayyyyyyy to hot out, I do agree!! Have you tried using a Stability Ball? That's my favorite cus I can have fun with it! LOL I also teach at a school, preschool. I go back mid August.

Keep at it!! We will do it!!

Everyone looks to be off to a great start this week. Keep it up

Crazy
    Glad that your body is adapting to the shred so easily!! Keep up the great work!! Pus a walk & a swim!! And I saw your Food Diary! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!

I agree with everyone,this is a warm and fuzzy place to be. You guys are great to report into and support. Way to go on the goals!

Level 1 day 2 of the 30 day shred survived. May see how longi can do this instead of worrying about additional zumba timethis week. I hate it, but it does the job on the parts I can do.

Lady G, we just may have to rename this thread to something like "The Warm & Fuzzy Weekly Challenge Group"!! I like it!! I feel the same way!! I love having this group that we get to know each other just a lil bit more.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :bigsmile: My dad had a business and his slogan was, "You are a Stranger here but once" :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: This so fits this group!!:drinker:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Did a little better with pilates today. It's a challenge. Also did day one of the shred. If I can survive it, may try a round while saving for enough weights for chalean.

Oma, how does losing weighthelp with that? I originally planned to wait until ONEderland to start it, but then got excited. Btw, way to take some you time today!

I think he's really worried about my joints more than anything. I put a lot of strain on them and have a history of various joint issues

I would agree with this one Oma. I just don't even think about this kind of exercise. But I AM a bit older & heavier then you. ;-)
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ok.. so today there was no swimming.. :( the lake looked pretty rough!! *we have some wind here today!!* chose to do some desperately needed DEEP cleaning this evening instead!! been on task with the crunches as well as the water!! Love a challenge!!

hope everyone is doing well!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    And... I would have put all these replies together on one post but the meanies won't tell me how to do it!!! Not naming names though, right MissDee and MAK???

LOLOLOL YOY ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD FOR REAL!! LOLOLOL MAK is a good Teacher!! I was a good STUDENT!!

I could not explain it as well as MAK can!!
    Report Day 3

Goal 1: Daily Excercise
    Today's exercise was cleaning out the garage and unload furniture off the trailer into the garage!
    Goal 2: Clean kitchen immediately after meals. I'm notorious for letting things sit!
    Just finished my wonderful grilled tilapia and I'm not having my dessert till I clean up the kitchen. I worked hard for that dessert, and I will have it!!
    Goal 3: Increase my water(slacked off lately and I can feel it!)
    Hit 13 glasses today
    Goal 4: Take 30 minutes a day for me time;
    Going to bed 30 minutes early to lay relaxing and read my book!

Added bonus today! If you noticed my "walking to Cozumel" tracker, I'm finally below 1,000 miles! My goal is to get there by my birthday in March, because if I reach my weight loss goal I've set for then, a trip to Cozumel is going to be my reward!

YOU HAD A GREAT DAY OMA!! VERY PROUD OF YOU!!
    ok.. so today there was no swimming.. :( the lake looked pretty rough!! *we have some wind here today!!* chose to do some desperately needed DEEP cleaning this evening instead!! been on task with the crunches as well as the water!! Love a challenge!!

hope everyone is doing well!!

Caroline
    Ohhhhhhh I LOVE when I do the DEEP cleaning!! You burn calories while you get the house looking good!! I need to do more crunches. I may have to put that on next weeks goals. :-) Keep going girl, you're doing great!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    slightly over calories today water ok no walk

GOOD JOB ON THE WATER kRIS!! Maybe if I could have got here earlier I could have talked you into doing a one mile WALK AWAY THE POUNDS tonight. I KNOW that you will think of something!!

Do double time tomorrow! ;-)

Hello to everyone!
    Third Zumba class this week!
    Logging food and drinking water.
    I really enjoy reading this thread. Nice positive people!:flowerforyou:

MROGERS
    Sounds like a GREAT day!! I really want to try Zumba!! I am afraid it will hurt my knees. (one replaced & one needs replaced) BUT some people tell me they think I could do the beginners. Are you liking it?

YESSSSSSSSS!!! WE MUST ALL REMAIN POSITIVE!! ....................remind me on that when necessary!! Thank You!