MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    4) Start 30 Day Shred (nervous about that one)
    Have a great week everyone and the best of luck ;)
    I'll be starting that tomorrow too. Jillian scares the bejeebus out of me and I'm excited for the challenge.

As for today, I managed to make my goals. I'm dying for a coke. I exhausted my two maximum [cans] before 2 p.m. So sad.

LOL Leigh!! Jillian scares me too!! LOL
    Good Job on the soda!!
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in on this too :-)

My goals: (Monday to Sunday)

1. Try to stay under calorie goals (over too many times this week resulting in gain)
    2. Make it all the way through P90x workouts (at least once) this week
    3. Drink at least 8 cups of water per day. (severely lack in this dept.)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I would like to join in on this too :-)

My goals: (Monday to Sunday)

1. Try to stay under calorie goals (over too many times this week resulting in gain)
    2. Make it all the way through P90x workouts (at least once) this week
    3. Drink at least 8 cups of water per day. (severely lack in this dept.)

:flowerforyou: WELCOME BLUE!! Glad to have you join us!!
    Those sound like good reachable goals. Good Luck this week!!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I need some opinions. This is the most supportive and least opinionated group I've found so I'm coming to you! My sodium intake is always at or just above daily recommendation of 2500. I'm usually between 2500 and 3000. And of course a majority of people who look at my diary say "Oh you've GOT to cut down on the sodium. And I do usually watch it to make sure it's not way out of whack. Here's my dilemma. I have never in my life had a problem with sodium. My blood pressure is borderline low, I've never had bloating or water retention except TOM. I spend at least 6 hours a day, every day, literally pouring sweat. Not glowing, not perspiring, but looking like I was in the shower soaking wet from sweat. I drink about 12 to 15 glasses of water a day(6 to 8 .5 litre bottles) I honestly don't believe my 500 or so mg over is really a problem. Please tell me what you think, and if I'm missing any valid points here!

I think if you don't notice it and keep it close to 2500 as possible you're fine, especially since you sweat a lot.

Dee, I'll pinky swear with you, although I plan to have chocolate fondue I will not ask for extra items to dip it in. :). Way to go on the multi quotes!

Did a good job on the sodium today. 6 more days to go!
  • Blahrina
    Blahrina Posts: 10
    Options
    this is great for me! short term goals yes!
    -stay around 10 calories of goal intake.
    -go to the gym the days i can -- just tell myself i can do stationary bike for 20 mins and then leave. usually i do an extra 10 anyway!
    -no fried food
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I HAD A GOOD SUNDAY!!:drinker:

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Just Say No! ♥ Did it twice today, once when I paid for gas & really wanted that ICE CREAM I saw!! & Once at home when I wanted my oatmeal snack!!
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥ 30 min on the Stability Ball
    3♥Daily Check-in!!! ♥ Wish I burned calories for all the times I DID check in today! LOL

OK Taking my hubby to Pittsburgh Dr's tomorrow & Tuesday. Tomorrow is my Birthday, sooooooooo I HOPE to have cake sometime and I HOPE to make the calories count and stay within my calories!! ;-)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    this is great for me! short term goals yes!
    -stay around 10 calories of goal intake.
    -go to the gym the days i can -- just tell myself i can do stationary bike for 20 mins and then leave. usually i do an extra 10 anyway!
    -no fried food

:flowerforyou: Glad you found us back Blahrina!! Good luck with your goals, ESPECIALLY THE FRIED FOODS .................

IT'S FRIED GREEN TOMATO SEASON!! LOL and I made them today with Polenta!! I did it & can count it!! :-)
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Report Day 1
    Goal 1: ChaLean Xtreme program faithfully! There's no way I honestly can't find half an hour even on my busiest day!
    Starting tomorrow evening
    Goal 2: Clean kitchen immediately after meals. I'm notorious for letting things sit!
    Just finished cleaning up my salad mess!
    Goal 3: Increase my water(slacked off lately and I can feel it!)
    Got in my 8 glasses today but still a little below my norm!
    Goal 4: Take 30 minutes a day for me time; shaving my legs, painting my toe nails, facial treatment, etc....
    Took a nap! :blushing:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I need some opinions. This is the most supportive and least opinionated group I've found so I'm coming to you! My sodium intake is always at or just above daily recommendation of 2500. I'm usually between 2500 and 3000. And of course a majority of people who look at my diary say "Oh you've GOT to cut down on the sodium. And I do usually watch it to make sure it's not way out of whack. Here's my dilemma. I have never in my life had a problem with sodium. My blood pressure is borderline low, I've never had bloating or water retention except TOM. I spend at least 6 hours a day, every day, literally pouring sweat. Not glowing, not perspiring, but looking like I was in the shower soaking wet from sweat. I drink about 12 to 15 glasses of water a day(6 to 8 .5 litre bottles) I honestly don't believe my 500 or so mg over is really a problem. Please tell me what you think, and if I'm missing any valid points here!

Oma, I was thinking if you are drinking a lot of water and keeping salt intake around MFP recommendations, you should be fine. I did a small google and found this answer right away and it made sense to me.

But you can take it with a GRAIN OF SALT, if ya want!! :wink:

If you do not drink enough water throughout the day, your body will go into survival mode. This means that your body's natural tendency is to hold onto water and store it because it is not getting enough from outside sources. When your body does this, it stores the water beneath your skin and on top of your muscles.

This water retention can then obscure your muscle definition and make you look softer than you really are. It can also easily be mistaken for fat. And yes, it does add unecessary weight to your body.

Sodium has a tendency to cause a need for more water being retained within your body. The only way to combat this is to either take in less sodium and/or drink an adequate supply of water throughout each day to rid your body of any sort of water retention.

The most important thing is to drink enough water...you do this and you won't have to worry so much about water retention and you'll keep that unecessary water weight off your body

Here was the website
    http://caloriecount.about.com/whats-bad-sodium-ft13024
  • nursenicole
    nursenicole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Missdeehere, I totally agree that accomplishing small challenges make change. Most of us find it really hard to make goals big like losing 80lbs in six months. So making small goals like 1 lb a week, or eating better or drinking more water in 1 wk makes the challenge more reachable. It also gives us an accomplishment to boost our pride, and make us work toward the next goal. I started with P90X in the end of Janurary, and my only goal was to complete it. Of course I wanted to loose weight, but right off the bat I knew that the scale might night show much because I would be gaining muscle too. So I made a challenge to complete the program when I had friends quitting the program left and right as well as my own doubt in my abilities to complete it. I am glad to repoart I completed it! And what is even better, I moved on to a different program. Now my goal is to by 160 by Sept. 1 of this year. I am at 185 now, but In late Janurary I started off at a weight of 210! Is it doable, defintely because I can make it through! I would defintely like to add you as a friend if you are willing? I hope to talk to you soon.
    Nicole
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Hi Missdeehere, I totally agree that accomplishing small challenges make change. Most of us find it really hard to make goals big like losing 80lbs in six months. So making small goals like 1 lb a week, or eating better or drinking more water in 1 wk makes the challenge more reachable. It also gives us an accomplishment to boost our pride, and make us work toward the next goal. I started with P90X in the end of Janurary, and my only goal was to complete it. Of course I wanted to loose weight, but right off the bat I knew that the scale might night show much because I would be gaining muscle too. So I made a challenge to complete the program when I had friends quitting the program left and right as well as my own doubt in my abilities to complete it. I am glad to repoart I completed it! And what is even better, I moved on to a different program. Now my goal is to by 160 by Sept. 1 of this year. I am at 185 now, but In late Janurary I started off at a weight of 210! Is it doable, defintely because I can make it through! I would defintely like to add you as a friend if you are willing? I hope to talk to you soon.
    Nicole

:flowerforyou: WELCOME NICOLE, I would love to have you as a friend!! Sounds like you have this under control. I constantly struggle, but I will never give up!! I at least finally got my butt moving. I honestly have to sweat or exercise!! :-( I am trying!! I am a GREAT healthy foods cook though. :-)

someday.....................

Please jump in and join us!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME, Hearts♥Desire !!

This has been a great lil group of supporters & motivators!! Think og your goals for the week and post them here. I think I am gonna make a few changes in mine this week.

GOOD LUCK!! :drinker:
    Thanks for making me feel welcome:flowerforyou:

Goals for this week:

:heart: Get my water intake up
    :heart: Workout 4-5 Days this week (hopefully 5!)
    :heart: Keep the junk out of my Food Diary this week (day at a time, meal at time, whatever it takes!:blushing: :wink: )

Looking forward to making lasting changes with you All:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing awesome with the goals. Excellent Sunday everyone!!!

Sunday check in for me:
    1. Week 6 P90x - technically week 6 starts tomorrow but I finished up week 5 strong today.
    2. 3-4 non P90x workouts - not today. Will shoot for one tomorrow
    3. Bed time 10:00 Sunday - Thursday -10:20 going to bed now!!
    4. Better control over the weekend - did pretty good today :) Wish I had skipped the popcorn at the movie but oh well. It's done with now.

Keep up all the hard work!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I see several faces here I don't recognize! As one of MissDee's little orphans I welcome everyone! And I welcome all to kick my butt if necessary!!
    Thanks for the Welcome:heart:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Here we go! Goals for the week, to be completed every day:

1. No eating past 8pm
    2. Log calories every day this week
    3. Get up from my desk and walk around at least every 2 hours
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME, Hearts♥Desire !!

This has been a great lil group of supporters & motivators!! Think of your goals for the week and post them here. I think I am gonna make a few changes in mine this week.

GOOD LUCK!! :drinker:
    Thanks for making me feel welcome:flowerforyou:

Goals for this week:

:heart: Get my water intake up
    :heart: Workout 4-5 Days this week (hopefully 5!)
    :heart: Keep the junk out of my Food Diary this week (day at a time, meal at time, whatever it takes!:blushing: :wink: )

Looking forward to making lasting changes with you All:flowerforyou: :drinker:

I just posted this weeks goals up above and today being the first day I'll share how I did.

- Still getting some water in yet tonight but not too bad today.
    - Rest Day back to my regular workouts Monday.
    - Food diary is on track today.

Though I went over a bit on Sodium but I keep mine set at 1500mg just for fun, to see if I can do it :tongue: and because I feel much better keeping it low. I went over Sodium 171 mg today but I'm OK with that, just drinking extra water.:wink:

Looking forward to getting back to a good workout Monday!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty fantastic with my eating. It's exercise where I've just been awful lately. My birthday is Wednesday :blushing: and my present to myself is another round of the 30 Day Shred. Heck of a b-day present, eh? Wednesday may sound weird, but I have several good reasons, the most important of which is, unlike last time, I do intend to take 1 rest day per week and that's going to be Tuesdays.

My goal for this week is to kick off the SHRED!
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Yesterday was my first day joining this group and I'm happy to report that I pretty much completed my goals yesterday, except for eating balanced (no breakfast). But...I took a look at the scale this morning, although I don't usually do this, and am down a pound from yesterday - YIPPEE.

Looks like you all did a great job too. Let's keep this up and focus only on the little steps that will soon become habits! Stay cool (very hot here, Massachusetts, but I know it's worse in the middle of the country). It is actually too hot to eat, but maybe later. Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Yesterday was my first day joining this group and I'm happy to report that I pretty much completed my goals yesterday, except for eating balanced (no breakfast). But...I took a look at the scale this morning, although I don't usually do this, and am down a pound from yesterday - YIPPEE.

Looks like you all did a great job too. Let's keep this up and focus only on the little steps that will soon become habits! Stay cool (very hot here, Massachusetts, but I know it's worse in the middle of the country). It is actually too hot to eat, but maybe later. Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:

What part of MA? I am in MA! I work in Boston and live in Waltham. :flowerforyou:
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow! thanks for the nice welcome this looks to be a GREAT group of people. I look forward to getting to know you all more.
    Yesterday I unfortunately flopped on my goals. :embarassed:
    Today is a new day, and I will succeed!

I apologize if anyone thinks I step out of line on this, I realize I am new. . .

It's not a problem for you. Taking into consideration what you have discribed it sounds like you are fine with that much sodium. But I also want you to know I only have life learning to give that opinion. You end up learning alot about water intake, dehydration, and the importance of sodium intake when a hubby (and many other friends/family) work out in the sun thoughout the year. There is even such a thing as not getting enough sodium. It is because you mention that you sweat alot that your sodium intake sounds right for you. And Yay for you drinking all the water! :drinker: