Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry, I'm pretty late with my weekly house points, been overrun this week.

Anyway, here they are:

Exercise: 3
    Food: 5
    House Spirit: 4

Inter-house challenge house points:
    270 minutes

Hope everyone's been having a good week :smile:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning everyone!! Went for a run this morning and let me just say I am so glad I bought some pants to run in! I even had a sweatshirt on in the beginning (took it off after 2 miles- but don't worry I had a long sleeve shirt on)- It was 39 degrees when I left- brrrr. Ava's still not sleeping- ugg . . . this 5 hours of sleep total (and not more than an hour at a time) a night is killing me (I'm a cranky teacher today)
    Loving the challenges this week!

Today's Stats:
    Exercise:+1
    Food: +1
    Spirit: +1

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 7 House Points: 140
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I wasn't paying attention to my fiber yesterday. Oops! no points for me! I put raspberries in my lunch, so I should be OK for today.

*Progress towards week of 9/18 OWLS -9/19 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +1
    Food (fiber) - +0
    Exercise (calisthenics) - +0

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 445
    Week 9/18 to date total = 75
    9/19 exercise minutes - 30 min walking
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    whoop, forgot to post sat but oh well.

So far This week:
    Exercise: 0 OWLS
    Spirit: 2 OWLS
    Food: 1 OWL <-- doing worse than I thought!

House points so far, 120.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good afternoon to all!! we decided to join the local YMCA to have more exercise options as colder weather moves in and i wanted to work more on strength training. i am off of work this week, so i went down to the Y today and signed us up. when you join, each member gets 3 free sessions with a personal trainer. they were having some sort of drawing today, and i won a 4th session with the trainer!! i am soo excited to have someone help me build a personalized workout routine!! my first session is tomorrow. i'll check in tomorrow to let you know how it went!! i might have some trouble with the exercise challenges
    this week d/t my knees...i'll see how it goes. hope everyone is having a great day.
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Time for my weekly weigh-in. I should have posted this yesterday, but I was too tired to when I finally got home last night. I ran my first 10K yesterday morning. I wasn't fast, but I finished and I ran a majority of it. :)

Week 2:
    Weight: 158.6 (down .8)
    OWLs: total = 10
    Food- 2
    Exercise- 7
    Spirit- 1

House points: 399

The sugar goal was hard for me, but I am super excited for this weeks challenges. I got fiber in the bag and I have been looking for some motivation to get back on my strength training :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    for anyone looking for something new to do my mom sent me this today:
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/videos/8-week-slim-down.aspx
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I gained over a pound the last couple of days while visiting my parents. I'm now at 155, up a pound (I think) from my last weigh in here. (I weigh in twice a week). I did manage to avoid looking at the scale for 5 of the seven days though... That's very difficult for me :P
  • NikkiMustang77
    Options
    This lasagna my mom and I are having for dinner tonight baffles me. One serving is only 170 calories. What with all the pasta and cheese, you'd think differently... or I would, anyways. Hmmm. Gonna have to drink more water than usual to counteract all the sodium though ^^;
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I swear I thought i posted my weight yesterday. anyways down a pound weighing in at 158
    7 points for not weighing myself
    and 5 points for not going over my sugar.
    and 939 minutes of exercise.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good day today! I did 3 sets of the exercise challenge over 3 days, so earned an OWL for that. I'm really pleased to see that my knees are holding up better than I thought they would. The hardest part for me is the jumping jacks - I need to find a better bra before I do some kind of damage!! :laugh:

We're still waiting for three people to weigh in:
    craft338
    kellllog
    nonni54

I'll post our results tomorrow. Hope I don't have to hand out any detentions!

Good night all!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    There are some ker-azy numbers for exercise minutes being posted, I am so impressed with some people!! Still sticking with the exercise challenge, was just wondering, is anyone else logging it? I haven't so far but am tempted to time how long it takes and log it as calisthenics. What do you think? Failed on fibre yesterday (in fact, generally failed in life yesterday) but am trying to be back on track today. Hve a good Tuesday, all x
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am struggling with the food and exercise challenge this week so am not happy about that.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Not having trouble with the fiber, but I'm having issues with the exercise challenge. Like I said, I don't really watch tv, so kinda hard to do those exercises on a commercial break. I don't see myself getting any OWLs for that this week.
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I just joined MFP and found the forums. I was wondering if i could join you guys as Im a total potterhead and Ravenclaw is my house ( im a closeted nerd ;P). It would be a great source of motivation as i get started on my journey. Hope you guys have a good week ahead
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There are some ker-azy numbers for exercise minutes being posted, I am so impressed with some people!! Still sticking with the exercise challenge, was just wondering, is anyone else logging it? I haven't so far but am tempted to time how long it takes and log it as calisthenics. What do you think? Failed on fibre yesterday (in fact, generally failed in life yesterday) but am trying to be back on track today. Hve a good Tuesday, all x

Squats, lunges, and jumping jacks are great for getting your heart rate going, so I would log it (especially if your setting is sedentary... if you are higher than that you might not have to)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is the jumping jacks - I need to find a better bra before I do some kind of damage!! :laugh:

I have issues with the jumping jacks too!! If its not my boobs its the "leakage" :blushing: Birhting 2 children both almost 9lbs will do that to ya!

I don't log the exercise challenge exercises- guess I should!!!!!
    Today's Stats:
    Exercise: +1
    Food: +1
    Spirit: +1

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 10 House Points: 170
  • _gwen
    Options
    for anyone looking for something new to do my mom sent me this today:
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/videos/8-week-slim-down.aspx
    Thanks for sharing!
  • _gwen
    Options
    *Progress towards week of 9/18 OWLS -9/20 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +2
    Food (fiber) - +1
    Exercise (calisthenics) - +0

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 445
    Week 9/18 to date total = 75
    9/20 exercise minutes - none to report so far, I plan to walk at lunch time
  • _gwen
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I just joined MFP and found the forums. I was wondering if i could join you guys as Im a total potterhead and Ravenclaw is my house ( im a closeted nerd ;P). It would be a great source of motivation as i get started on my journey. Hope you guys have a good week ahead
    Welcome Raquel