Hi Gwen Thanks for the warm welcome.

Here's my first weigh-in, hope im doing this right. All nervous and excited

Current weight : 130.1 lbs
    Mini goal : 121 lbs ( Before 24/12/11)
    Final Goal: 108 lbs
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't have much time to write (earlier shift today). I'll get a proper update on here soon with some point and owl updates. Hopefully everyone else is doing fabulous!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy day Ravenclaw and welcome to our newest member, Raquel!

@Raquel - what is your goal weight for the end of September?
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Morning all (5 am where I am!) Have decided to log the exercise challenge, not really bothered about the calories but the exercise minutes will be handy for the inter-house challenge, which we def want to win again this week! Timed myself doing them yesterday and it's seven minutes for the whole thing, will probably get them done six times this week so that's an extra 42 house points on top of my normal exercise. Worth logging I think!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    had my first session with Jay, the trainer at the YMCA where we joined. i was pleasantly surprised to find him to be 63 years old and in great shape. he was very comfortable to work with and had lots of great information for me!! looking forward to working with him again on thursday. hopefully i won't be too sore in the morning.:laugh:
  • NikkiMustang77
    Options
    Trying to be consistant with my eating habits so I don't wind up with a stomachache - probably gonna wind up going over my goal with that, though. Why must Pumpkin Spice Bagels be so tempting >.<
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can post a link from this site, but the BluRay box set of HP movies 1-8 and the limited edition are both available for pre-order on amazon UK (you can still order it from US too).

The standard edition comes out to £32 (about $50 or so at today's rate) which is a pretty great price for 8 movies! The US version will most likely run a lot higher.

The limited edition is £67 (~$105) and is uniquely numbered and comes with other goodies.

Also I don't think these sets contain the 3D version of the final movie for those that are interested in that.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it as I was waiting for the box set of all the ultimate editions, but at $50 I might jump at it.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Ravenclaw house results are in!

The top loser this week is: momofJandA - again!!
    The most OWLs were earned by: _gwen - again!!

Great job and great dedication! Congratulations to this week's Prefects!
    (the rest of us need to get to work to dethrone these two :wink: )

So this week, _gwen will choose the exercise challenge and momofJandA will choose the food challenge for next week. Please email your challenges to me by Thursday so I can post them for Friday's weigh in.

Ravenclaw09.19.11.jpg
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    hello happy ravenclaws! I'm doing terrible on the exercise because I don't watch TV. Oh well.

Struggling to hit my protein macro today. I'm 20 grams off and I am sick of protein, I want to eat my baggie of potato chips! *Cries*
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    hello happy ravenclaws! I'm doing terrible on the exercise because I don't watch TV. Oh well.

Struggling to hit my protein macro today. I'm 20 grams off and I am sick of protein, I want to eat my baggie of potato chips! *Cries*
    Do you like beef jerky? Kind of salty, but more snack-like than a piece of chicken breast. If you like crunchy, try roasted soy nuts.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am just letting you all know that I will be leaving for a holiday on Friday and will be back the day before my birthday (6th October) so may not be able to weigh in so will just use my weight of 102 Ibs for the next couple of weeks unless I am able to weigh myself, I am hoping to still be able to log my food/exercise and count my OWLS and house points etc and will try and post on here but I will probably use the time away to enjoy myself and not worry about my fitness pal but we will see. :) I am still going to write down my house points, OWLS, what I eat and what exercise I do. :P
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    what are the challenges this week I cant find them. Something with jumping jacks???
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Happy day Ravenclaw and welcome to our newest member, Raquel!

@Raquel - what is your goal weight for the end of September?

Im gonna go with 123lbs for Sept i hope its fats and not just water weight since i seemed to have jumpstarted my weight loss rather quickly. Good luck to everyone, Lets hope ravenclaw wins the match;)

ps: How do we earn house points? I know you get owls if you complete the challenges or am i mistaken?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    So, I need some ideas from everyone and since we are all Ravenclaws I think you guys can help.

I hit my halfway mark to my first big goal this week - I feel like maybe I should give myself some kind of reward?

But I don't generally deny myself things (Alone time/fun or buying stuff) AND I'm closing on my new house like uh.....tomorrow. And thus we are totally totally cash broke because we dumped all our savings into the house AND we have to pay overlapping rent for a month and a half. So purchases are kind of out right now.

Any ideas?
  • psb13
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw!! hope we are all off to a healthy wednesday. i had expected to be sore after my first session with the trainer yesterday. i am a little but not too bad, and in the good way-not the bad way. you know...the i feel like i did some good work for my muscles kind of way!! i have been thinking about giving running a try. i ran a little in college but never really all that much. i have been doing low impact cardio d/t some old right leg injuries. i have been considering trying it now that i have dropped some weight. don't want to do any damage tho. i think i might give it a try on the treadmill today and see how i feel. i can always hop back on the elliptical if it doesn't feel ok. happy wednesday to all.

welcome to our newest first year, raquel!! :flowerforyou:
    congrats to our rockin' it prefects gwen and momofjanda!!! :drinker:
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Having a bit of an odd crap day today. Overall not that great. I haven't been able to sleep properly for the last like 6 nights. I really don't know why. But I feel like a zombie and I'm just so very, very tired. Is this what new parents feel like? It's hell. :sick:

I woke up at 5am today in order to go to my boot camp, but didn't check my schedule, and this was one of the rare sessions that was at a big outdoor park which is 25mins bike from my house, so I couldn't go. Rocked up at my gym, only to be reminded of that fact. I was just like nooo I got up at 5am for this!

Then today I had to quit/finish my new job before I even really got started because they weren't happy with my availability over the Christmas period. I couldn't believe it really, I had written down my situation (have another job, not giving it up, and uni) several times over several forms, and even made a point of questioning the recruiter about it during the interview. Then they yoink me into the Manager's office and try to infer that I have stuffed it up for them by being misleading about my availability. I was like yeah, NO :grumble: . So to be honest, I'm glad to be out if things were going to be that difficult, and if everything was going to be an issue. I have another job that I enjoy, and I'm lucky enough to be living at home and not paying rent.

And I've gone way over in calories because I'm simply too tired to do another coat of paint on my wall tonight as planned, and being dead on my feet my inclination is to eat high calorie junk :frown: . Hopefully a 9pm bedtime will give me a fresh start for tomorrow.

/end rant

Sorry for my whingeing Ravenclaws.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws! Checking in for my daily spirit OWL.

@Matcha......Sometimes it helps to rant. Makes you feel better, you know? I hope ranting to your fellow Ravenclaws helped and that you can get some SLEEP! Sleep is your friend :) Kind of hard to get as I new parent I know lol.

Anyways, congrats to our prefects again, and to everyone who lost. And to those who didn't .....YOU WILL!!!!! :D
  • psb13
    Options
    got on the treadmill and did day 1 week 1 of c25k just to see if i actually could run. i got through it without any joint pain. will see how i do later today and tomorrow. i think it's really important to be physically able to run should the dark wizards come after you!! glad to know i still can. :bigsmile:

@matcha-sleep is the best medicine...get some!! no problem ranting here in the safety of the common room. that's why we're here. feel better :flowerforyou:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!!! I get to keep my prefect's badge : does a little dance!!!!:drinker:
    Feeling pretty good today- run was exceptional this morning- perfect temperature and I pushed it the whole way. I have a very close friend whose also a runner and there's some "healthy" competition going on between us so I was very proud to report my time to him this morning. Plus my first race is Sunday (so nervous) so its good to know I can run almost double the distance that I will be racing (race is a 5K, 3.1 miles, I ran 5 miles this morning in 46m28s) so I'm feeling pretty good!
    I've been getting more carbs than I originally set out to though. I'm trying the 17 Day Diet and the first week it went great (lost 3lbs) but I find myself craving those gosh darn carbs at night- or should I say between 3pm and 7pm. Maybe that should be the food challenge next week? I would fail miserably

Today's Stats:
    Food: +1
    Exercise: +1
    Spirit: +1

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 10 House Points: 236
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    congrats to our rockin' it prefects gwen and momofjanda!!! :drinker:
    Thank you everyone!