**LADIES** P90x Challenge starting August 1st!!!

Options

Replies

• kgsmiles3
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3: Shoulders & Arms, Ab RipperX DONE :) I'm in some pain but it was a good workout...
  • Tracie65
    Tracie65 Posts: 62
    Options
    Day 3 is done!!! My arms we already hurting from all the pushups and pullups on Monday, but I feel great for getting it done! I still hate ARX and barely got thru it!

Everyone seems to be doing great! Lets keep it up!!!!!!! :)
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Arms and shoulders should be called pushups x 1 hour, which is tough bc I can't do a pushup. Let's be honest here....I have a hard enough time with girly pushups. On a positive note, there is a lot of room for improvement and pretty much every muscle in my body (except my calves) is sore. Favorite moves: lawn mower and heavy pants. I also liked the decline pushups, so when I get tired I may modify some more of those. I did most of the stuff with my medium resistance tube, most of it modified, and most of it probably wouldn't have made him happy. Next week ab ripper x will stay with cardio x, if only because I am too sore to get up and down off the floor so many times :) But the BEST part: day 3 is done! Get to work guys we can do this!

I think you meant the chest & back DVD because there are no push-ups in arms & shoulders DVD (thank god, heh)
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Day 3 Arms & Shoulders -DONE. I loved it! I need to up my weights on all of the bicep exercises and some of my shoulder exercises but I really like the routine. Now Ab Ripper X, not so much fun. I was able to the first 6 exercises in their entirety and then I was schooled, heh.

Also, I burned 511 calories doing both arms & shoulders and ARX and I feel like this is kinda high. I think this is due to my higher than average resting heart rate. I was still trying to figure out my max weight throughout the DVD so I know I wasn't working to my full extent. I hope this high calorie burn doesn't mess with my overall numbers too much.

Hope everyone else is feeling super accomplished!!!
  • Tracie65
    Tracie65 Posts: 62
    Options
    I burned 505, but I worked my *kitten* off. Might be a little high but I will see next time. My resting heart rate is also high. I do only 15 of each ab exercise, cant make it through the whole thing though! Great job!!! :)
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Oh man just finished core syn. and burned 409 cals!! I am whooped!

Great burn! I have to say this my least favorite workout, lol. I am doing a modified lean program and when I was putting it together I really considered skipping this particular dvd.... but I put it in. We'll see how it goes this weekend when have to push play:laugh:

I am sure you will fight through it!!! I just tell myself that it's only 1 hour and I don't have to do ab ripper x after it so it's worth it!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yes I meant chest and back! Can you tell I am not a morning person yet or what! But glad to know one of them doesn't have a bazillion pushups. Phew :)
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Yoga X, Complete! I must say that I had to sike myself up for this one. Like many other P90xer's, I was dreading this extra long workout that seemed rather boring. I checked out some threads which helped me mentally prepare. Knowing ahead of time that the first 45 minutes would include some intense yoga and repetitive moves, I was ready to push myself to make it through. I was also motivated to push myself to finish this workout because I knew that I had a community of people that I felt accountable to and knew where supporting me. Thanks to "garrettsmommy" for starting this thread! The latter portion of the workout includes balancing poses, some ab work, and a little bit of meditation. I was pleasantly suprised by the overall experience. I can definetely see how yoga x will benefit me in the long run. It's not a walk in the park but it is doable. I can't wait until I can do the crane pose.

Have a spectacular day!
  • Tinasmythe
    Tinasmythe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Already day behind, skipped plyo tues and did it yesterday. I am liking this program so far but am pretty sore. Looking forward to the day I like the burn...I am pretty much a weinee but I am pretty sure I am doing something right with the muscle moaning at me. Shoulders and arms & ARX today. Good luck everyone!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    cardio X today!!!! I really like this workout and try to push hard! I love seeing my hrm say more then 500 cals!
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pleasantly surprised by Yoga this morning. I liked it much better than I thought I would. I could not touch my hands together reaching through/around my legs, or do the crane. Also had trouble with the the ab stuff at the end. My core is so weak! But overall I really liked. I am can't believe the amount of sweating that was going on.
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Yes I meant chest and back! Can you tell I am not a morning person yet or what! But glad to know one of them doesn't have a bazillion pushups. Phew :)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of push-ups so I'm glad Chest & Back isn't until Phase 2 of the Lean program :)
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Pleasantly surprised by Yoga this morning. I liked it much better than I thought I would. I could not touch my hands together reaching through/around my legs, or do the crane. Also had trouble with the the ab stuff at the end. My core is so weak! But overall I really liked. I am can't believe the amount of sweating that was going on.

Seriously! I feel like I've been engaging my core everyday between Core Syn, Cardio X and Ab Ripper. But at the same time, three days in and I already feel like I'm more in control of my core muscles even if it does hurt to sneeze ;)
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Yoga X, Complete! I must say that I had to sike myself up for this one. Like many other P90xer's, I was dreading this extra long workout that seemed rather boring. I checked out some threads which helped me mentally prepare. Knowing ahead of time that the first 45 minutes would include some intense yoga and repetitive moves, I was ready to push myself to make it through. I was also motivated to push myself to finish this workout because I knew that I had a community of people that I felt accountable to and knew where supporting me. Thanks to "garrettsmommy" for starting this thread! The latter portion of the workout includes balancing poses, some ab work, and a little bit of meditation. I was pleasantly suprised by the overall experience. I can definetely see how yoga x will benefit me in the long run. It's not a walk in the park but it is doable. I can't wait until I can do the crane pose.

Have a spectacular day!

I am so glad I stared this thread as well!! I have actually been excited to push play and check in with everyone.

Glad to hear everyone doing so well!! Yoga today! It might be my imagination, but I can tell a difference in my body already!!! May have something to do with Ab Ripper X??!?! That kicks by butt, or rather abs!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    [/quote]
    Seriously! I feel like I've been engaging my core everyday between Core Syn, Cardio X and Ab Ripper. But at the same time, three days in and I already feel like I'm more in control of my core muscles even if it does hurt to sneeze ;)
    [/quote]

I laughed at the sneezing thing!!! That is too funny but I have been there!!!!
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    Week 1 Day 4 Yoga X: DONE...errr I was so bored with this workout but I made it by splitting it up
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My biceps are sore from doing Back and Biceps! I'm on month 2 of my P90X/Insanity Hybrid!
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Not looking forward to tonight's yoga if it's boring !! I get bored EASILY !!!!!!!!!!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Legs and Back last night. I ended up skipping ARX. I needed to give my abs a break after ARX Monday and Pilates Tuesday, plus back to Pilates (and Zumba) tonight! Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow, but not Core Syn this weekend, lol.