Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
There was a post here, yesterday, that linked to this website: http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

It looked like a great idea so I tried it today, for lunch, and wanted to come back and post about how wonderful it was-- but now I can't find the original post!

So here is a pic of the cauliflower-crust pizza that is now living happily in my tummy:

tumblr_lohq7yyDbw1qf7n0m

This is what the crust looked like before I topped it and put it under the broiler for a minute:

tumblr_lohshqpmYe1qeupem.jpg

My pizza was nearly the size of my dinner plate. Here are the ingredients I used: cauliflower (1/4 head), egg (1 large), tomato (1/2, pureed), mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup, part skim), turkey pepperoni (9 slices) and fresh basil/mushrooms/garlic/green peppers. (I left the mozzarella out of the crust to reduce calories-- and will continue to do so-- but it does provide some "glue" if you want to more successfully hand-hold the pizza slices.

The entire pizza was 259 calories.

Whoever wrote the original post-- I thank you! I will be making this several times per week.

-Chelle

P.S.-- I guess my pic must be too large 'cause it's not showing the entire pizza. I'm sure you get the idea, though.

Replies

• hughannah
    hughannah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wow, looks amazing i must try this, thankyou x
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    will definately have to try that. A whole lot less calories than regular pizza for sure.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    WAY GOOD. Tagging for the recipe later. Thx!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I linked to that recipe! I made a broccoli crust instead, I ended up making it two nights in a row! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! :)
  • purplecait1212
    Options
    what a great alternative to make when the pizza cravings hit! AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    this might be the original post you mentioned, gotta try it one of the days!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ooo this looks great!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'll edit this post once I actually make, but you could also reduce cals by subbing 3 tbsp of egg white for an entire egg. I may half the cheese rather than quarter it like you did...

Thanks for reposting!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    oh hell yesss....I am soo loving this post!!!
  • inafit16177
    Options
    bump
  • ashleyrosita
    ashleyrosita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm making this tonight, thank you so much for sharing! It looks delicious!
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try this. Thanks for posting
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One important note!!!

I made TWO of these, today. I baked the first one on aluminum foil and it didn't brown as well.

I baked the *second* one on parchment paper and it made a huge difference.

I'm also glad to know who the original poster, was-- thanks for speaking up!

-Chelle
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump yum!
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What a keeper!!!
  • Comfortableme
    Comfortableme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This look great. I am going to try this one and not tell the teenagers about the crust till after they have finished. Thanks for the heads up on the parchment paper.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    That looks amazin!!
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    looks yummy! will try this for sure :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I made one this spring and it was delicious. My family liked it too. I had great toppings for one.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'll be making this whenever we get some cauliflower (which I've never even eaten!). But, like the other poster said, I won't be telling my family members until after they eat it.

Thanks for the post :)