Replies

• Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump. Looks good and gluten free!
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome idea, and another way for me to eat cauliflower since I usually just make mashed cauliflower with it! I am definitely going to give this a whirl! Thanks so much!! ;)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Fleshandlace
    Fleshandlace Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump! looks awesome! I saw the same post, thanks for the follow up post!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i love cauliflower! thanks!
  • Helene1955
    Options
    Going to try this tonight!
  • apehead1
    apehead1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    OMG I made this tonight so so good
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is such a great alternative to regular crust. I just finished making my pizza which was delish, I however changed the recipes a bit to lower the cals. Instead of 1 whole egg i used two egg whites and then followed the recipe. it was great
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love the Blog!

I have made the spinach one toooo! I have used lots of her recipes
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble finding recipes for the second time.... I find something I like and then I go back to get the recipe again and I cant find it....The cauliflower pizza looks delicious...I hope you post the recipe and hope I find it
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    There was a post here, yesterday, that linked to this website: http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

It looked like a great idea so I tried it today, for lunch, and wanted to come back and post about how wonderful it was-- but now I can't find the original post!

So here is a pic of the cauliflower-crust pizza that is now living happily in my tummy:

tumblr_lohq7yyDbw1qf7n0m
    before I topped it and put it under the broiler for a minute:

Ok, so I asked this on the other post, but never got an answer.. What is 'rice' Cauli?? Is it just mushed cauli?? I want to make this this weekend, but some of recipe I don't get, lol. Obviously I don't cook much..... But I'm learning:) Thank you!!

tumblr_lohshqpmYe1qeupem.jpg

My pizza was nearly the size of my dinner plate. Here are the ingredients I used: cauliflower (1/4 head), egg (1 large), tomato (1/2, pureed), mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup, part skim), turkey pepperoni (9 slices) and fresh basil/mushrooms/garlic/green peppers. (I left the mozzarella out of the crust to reduce calories-- and will continue to do so-- but it does provide some "glue" if you want to more successfully hand-hold the pizza slices.

The entire pizza was 259 calories.

Whoever wrote the original post-- I thank you! I will be making this several times per week.

-Chelle

P.S.-- I guess my pic must be too large 'cause it's not showing the entire pizza. I'm sure you get the idea, though.
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I'm trying this tomorrow for dins!
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    bump!! What is "cauli" rice??? Is it just mushed cauliflower???
  • skyisthelimit25
    Options
    yum! bump :D
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I made this last night....SOOOOO yummy! I think I will make it thinner thought next time or bake it longer since the center was a little mushy.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Bump!!! THANK YOU! :D
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting that:bigsmile:
  • CLevow
    CLevow Posts: 1
    Options
    This looks great! I bet it would even work substituting cabbage and onions. Here's one I found via Google. http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold
    thanks
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have cauliflower in the fridge I need to use today, it will be turned into pizza! Yay! Thanks for posting!