this looks delicious! bump for later!
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    We have made this crust too and it is sooo yummy.

Just a word to the wise, if you bake it on parchment paper. It says to broil the toppings. If you broil it the paper may burn. I think it could catch on fire. Just be careful.

I broil on low and haven't ever had a problem-- but thanks for the tip!
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Just a word to the wise, if you bake it on parchment paper. It says to broil the toppings. If you broil it the paper may burn. I think it could catch on fire. Just be careful.

I have baked at high temps and started parchment paper on fire. I have broiled and burnt the paper but never caught it on fire but its a very real possibility
  • finallychelle
    Options

I have baked at high temps and started parchment paper on fire. I have broiled and burnt the paper but never caught it on fire but its a very real possibility

Of course, if your parchment paper ever DID catch fire you should keep the oven closed and turn off the broiler and wait for it to extinguish itself. The cauliflower pizza crust seems to stick to anything else I cook it on...
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • larabell69
    larabell69 Posts: 61
    Options
    Bump!
  • NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've already seen someone ask this but no reply as of yet...Anyway I made this tonight and I was really disappointed :( It just tasted like soggy egg. And strangely, I didn't even use the whole egg.

Any suggestions? I don't want to give up just yet, unless thats what it's supposed to taste like... blech :(
  • finallychelle
    Options
    I've already seen someone ask this but no reply as of yet...Anyway I made this tonight and I was really disappointed :( It just tasted like soggy egg. And strangely, I didn't even use the whole egg.

Any suggestions? I don't want to give up just yet, unless thats what it's supposed to taste like... blech :(

Did your crust look like mine when it was done? (Brown?)

I suspect that you made your crust too thick. This crust needs to be very thin unless you're making "bread" sticks.

The crust should be hand holdable-- like regular pizza.

It should definitely not be soggy. If so, it needed to be cooked longer. And if the outside was brown and the inside was mushy then it was too thick.

I've had good success with this recipe. I hope we can troubleshoot yours!
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I suspect that you made your crust too thick. This crust needs to be very thin unless you're making "bread" sticks.

It should definitely not be soggy. If so, it needed to be cooked longer. And if the outside was brown and the inside was mushy then it was too thick.

I've had the same problem. I made it last night and it couldn't have been more than 1/4 inch think, maybe closer to 1/8. It browned on the top, but the middle was soggy. I also had trouble getting it off of the pan, but I think parchment paper may be the solution to that.

Is it possible that I used too much cheese? Could that cause the sogginess?
  • NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I hope so too because I LOVE pizza :) And no it wasn't too thick. At least I don't think so. In fact in a few areas there were holes. And I even cooked it longer than the recipe called for because it wasn't browned.

And speaking of trouble shooting, I have a question. I had the choice of either fat free cheese or low fat and I chose the fat free because the low fat was 70 calories as opposed to 40 in the fat free (I couldn't see using up that many calories on 1/4 of a cup of cheese expecially when I would have to use more on top). Could that have been the reason? Also, after it didn't work I looked up some more recipes and a few reviewers said to drain the cooked cauliflower with cheese cloth. I don't have cheese cloth but perhaps I could use paper towels? Would this be a necessary step?

Thank you so much for the help!
  • DebraZ2012
    DebraZ2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to try this, looks delicious.
  • apatricia04
    Options
    I am definitely going to try this especially to see what my husband thinks. He can eat pizza everyday but doesn't need all the calories that come with a "regular" pizza. Thanks for this great alternative :)
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tried to make this after seeing it on Pinterest. Nastiest thing ever! LOL. Mine was definitely soggy and I cooked it longer than it said. It was thin but I don't know what I did wrong. I think it would be ok if I could just get the thing crispy!
  • crazy_mims
    crazy_mims Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow !! looks delicious.. and I just love trying new type of pizza. Thanks for sharing :) keep it up
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    That looks amazing!!
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    bump
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!!
  • brooke0206