Juice fasting

Options

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Day one: so far so good. We are incorporating nuts the first 5 days and I'm pretty thankful so far today. The hunger is definitely bearable though as of now. Luckily I didn't have to work today but i have 3 long and late days ahead of me. I'm looking for a green smoothie recipe too if anyone has a tasty one they enjoy. I don't have coconut water/oil either. Thanks everyone!
  • emmahollass
    Options
    good luck with it and let us know how it goes!
  • rhomor
    rhomor Posts: 39
    Options
    Ok Juicers! Has anyone used the Oster Pro Juice Extractor3168? I am not ready to buy a Breville elite or anything like that so I am trying to find something to start- wonder if this is any good if any one has any experience with it?
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!

I went to my doctor because I have strange rashes and acid reflex and you know what his remedy was...JUICE FASTING. And I only weight 120 pounds :/ So to help maintain my weight and detox I'll be adding some bananas and avacados in the beginning. Nuts later on -that was my choice because I'm positive I'm not allergic to nuts and I don't want to loose weight too quickly. I'm sure If I drink enough I wont. Anyways-

So that was two weeks ago that I went to the doctor and I still haven't done any fasting completely :/ little self control I guess --BUT I have been having only juice for like half a day and maybe a whole day once a week-I know I won't get well until I do it completely but I've been on and off vacation and family events.

I need to plan better for my juice fast. Any ways- Haven't read every ones post but am definitley curious to see why and how everyone's juicing is going.

One thing I did notice while juicing is that the longer I stay clear of bread the less acid reflex I get. :( so sad news- gluten may be my issue.:( But I guess I'll see when I really get serious and go for ten days.....still have the rash.

Also-I'd love help and support from anyone who's done a detox fast or is going through one.

Amazing healing power in juicing. I had tennis elbow terribly and after a 21 day fast, gone! You will breathe better, your organs will work better, you will feel amazing! In the animal kingdom, when there is sickness, animals fast to heal. Except humans because we think we're going to die or something, it's crazy. Anyway, I hope you can get your plan together and really get this going. It's not easy, some days are really hard, but it's so worth it!

I never ate when sick as a kid-makes sense. I believe I'll be juicing end of august-for now I am going to eat as raw and clean as possible-and in august I'll try to cut back on coffee :/-I think if I really plan and ease into a juicing life style then my body will heal-especially if I do go the 10 or 20 days-But once or twice a week or once a day I think is a good start :)-so thanks for the support-hopefully their will still be juicers at the end of august.

Btw-what's an enema?-is it just a laxative or something else???
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Tag.. Want to keep an eye on this I watched the said documentary and was very insipred, however going to wait until further established with my journey.
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Ok Juicers! Has anyone used the Oster Pro Juice Extractor3168? I am not ready to buy a Breville elite or anything like that so I am trying to find something to start- wonder if this is any good if any one has any experience with it?

Ive read a few reviews on that juicer and they were mixed. I would recommend The Breville juice fountain Compact. Its the cheapest breville at 100 bucks and it does a wondeful job and holds the quality the other models use. i got mine on amazon but i saw it at Bestbuy the other day.
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not up for a juice feast just yet, but for others who are easing into it, you might want to look into Dr. Joel Fuhrman's work. He is the Dr. on the documentary, and he does support fasting, but he also has a great program for people wanting to clean up their diet and add more fruit and veggies. His book is Eat To Live, and it's really fantastic. Some of those folks have had just as good of luck with health problems and curing disease with a less extreme program. Just a possibility! For those of you juicing, Hope you have great results! :)
  • rhomor
    Options
    Double post- sorry
  • rhomor
    Options

Ive read a few reviews on that juicer and they were mixed. I would recommend The Breville juice fountain Compact. Its the cheapest breville at 100 bucks and it does a wondeful job and holds the quality the other models use. i got mine on amazon but i saw it at Bestbuy the other day.

Really? I cant find reviews anywhere!! Thanks so much for the info. That was a big help!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 7: Lost 16 lb. so far. The grand total since last summer. Once I lost 14 lb. more I'll be at my low for last year. It will also be nice to pass it and do much better than I did last year. I'm still re-programming my brain so to speak. That's what this reboot is for me. Retraining my brain to associate things I used to associate as good as not good or at least once in a blue moon. (I never see the blue moons btw)

Where will I be in 53 days? Hmm. I don't know yet. Yesterday was tough. I cut down from 6 drinks a day to about 4. And in doing so lost 1.8 lbs since yesterday. But I didn't have enough energy to go to the gym yesterday. I woke up too early too and even with a short nap the energy didn't come back. Yet, this morning I got up and had no trouble at all. I'm on my 2nd juice already. I probably won't need anymore for 3 to 4 hours.

What did I give up permanently? Soda, Coffee (caffeine), sweets, fast food (except subs), etc. We generally make our food at home. And if we do go out it's for lunch and not for dinner. Dinner is definitely at home. Money has been saving itself practically! And we're better cooks now and eat much better in general than anything we ever got in a restaurant. We even learned to make our favorite salsa's from our favorite mexican restaurants. And recipe by recipe we started eliminating our favorite places because we can make it better for less than 1/2 the price. Many good changes! I'm a father of three and we have a system. And right now, it's working very very well.

1 bowling ball down, more to go!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    An enema is where you flush warm water into your colon (using a "water bottle"/douche kit) and then expel it into the toilet (along with other nasties that are in your colon. It is highly recommended by some juicing experts to release toxins more quickly and prevent people from feeling so bad. Try it, you might like it! I haven't done it on this fast yet but I probably still will do it once if I can find my stuff. This is only recommended during fasting since the juice won't cause you to have many bowel movement, if any, after the first couple of days.
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Everyone is talking about how great they feel on day 7 or 8. Wow, they're right. I feel right as rain.
  • Aireyma
    Aireyma Posts: 55
    Options
    well, i have a juicer and i'm getting ready to start juicing next week!! I'm thinking of maybe Wednesday bc Tuesday I'm going to Kings Island (theme park) and I dont want to start this weekend and break it a few days in!! I'm excited!!
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Everyone is talking about how great they feel on day 7 or 8. Wow, they're right. I feel right as rain.

I know, day 8 for me and i feel absolutly amazing. As i am typing this i just want to get up and do somthing. I woke up to go to the bathroom last night and i felt like i could jog a marathon. Im down another 3 pounds O.o for 18 total and i feel ontop of the world and everything is just effortless. Im off of work today and its payday so its time to drink some fresh juice and go get things done.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I know, day 8 for me and i feel absolutly amazing. As i am typing this i just want to get up and do somthing. I woke up to go to the bathroom last night and i felt like i could jog a marathon. Im down another 3 pounds O.o for 18 total and i feel ontop of the world and everything is just effortless. Im off of work today and its payday so its time to drink some fresh juice and go get things done.

Awesome! We are on day 9 and I feel great. We broke fast yesterday and I had a few raw nuts and my husband had a banana and couple of other things. But he still kept it pretty clean. Back on it today, except he is still doing the protein shakes with almond butter and banana. Whatever works for him and he doesn't really have weight to lose so that's fine. But pure juice is always best for the cleanse IMHO!
  • s5048
    s5048 Posts: 1
    Options
    There are quite a few juice recipes on the Fat Sick Nearly Dead website:

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/about-the-film/learn-more/recipies/
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start a juice fast on Monday...Do I still count calories?? How do you count them considering the pulp is removed?? Any other tips I need to know??
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Day 7: Lost 16 lb. so far. The grand total since last summer. Once I lost 14 lb. more I'll be at my low for last year. It will also be nice to pass it and do much better than I did last year. I'm still re-programming my brain so to speak. That's what this reboot is for me. Retraining my brain to associate things I used to associate as good as not good or at least once in a blue moon. (I never see the blue moons btw)

Where will I be in 53 days? Hmm. I don't know yet. Yesterday was tough. I cut down from 6 drinks a day to about 4. And in doing so lost 1.8 lbs since yesterday. But I didn't have enough energy to go to the gym yesterday. I woke up too early too and even with a short nap the energy didn't come back. Yet, this morning I got up and had no trouble at all. I'm on my 2nd juice already. I probably won't need anymore for 3 to 4 hours.

What did I give up permanently? Soda, Coffee (caffeine), sweets, fast food (except subs), etc. We generally make our food at home. And if we do go out it's for lunch and not for dinner. Dinner is definitely at home. Money has been saving itself practically! And we're better cooks now and eat much better in general than anything we ever got in a restaurant. We even learned to make our favorite salsa's from our favorite mexican restaurants. And recipe by recipe we started eliminating our favorite places because we can make it better for less than 1/2 the price. Many good changes! I'm a father of three and we have a system. And right now, it's working very very well.

1 bowling ball down, more to go!

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Day 12, wow.... Only 2 days left, then I will slowly add raw veggies steamed cause thats how I like most veggies. and lean protein, but only a little bit. Going to keep it clean as much as possible. Saturday is cheesecake day and I'll be making a berry cheesecake, mostly berries and its only 270 cals. Have a great Friday and congrats to all those on weight loss. Keep it up

Happy Juicing:drinker:
  • dinitrilestari
    Options
    im gonna start my juice fast today. is it okay if i juice any kind of fruit and veggie without counting the calories? and is it okay adding some yoghurt plain to the juice? thanks for the info :)