myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

deliverycaptain.jpg

ETA: another broken link? Damn...
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    love it! So true. (But, there are actually some very harsh people on here, too....just sayin') :tongue:

Stop the drama, people. This isn't highschool.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    EXACTLY! :happy:
    THANK YOU!!!! However, I don't know how many times I've experienced backlash because I've said something that not everyone agrees with. People on here also don't understand that it's MY opinion... I'll even state it's MINE and I DON'T want to offend someone. Even coming from a good place, people try to make it into something it's not. This website is called My Fitness PAL. It's meant for support and encouragement. If you don't agree with what someone posted, correct it in a nice way or don't say anything at all.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    So very true!
    There's a HUGE difference between HONESTY and RUDENESS!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Trolling is so much easier than judging. I feel it puts me at the highest echelon of douchebaggery.

:laugh: ^^^^
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Stop the drama, people. This isn't highschool.

Nothing changes but the faces, the names, and the trends. High school never ends.
    Judgey Wudgey was a Bear... *roar*

Love this!

I've been around online communities for 20+ years. Judgmental people are a way of life. It doesn't matter if it's on the computer or in person. Learn to deal with them online the same way you do in person. Makes for a much better online experience. What I call being supportive and motivating others will tell me I'm being a judgmental b*tch. No problem. There are many other people out there and just connect with the ones you mesh with and ignore the ones you don't.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Seriously - a lack of people calling me on my **** is how I packed on 50 pounds in ONE YEAR. If someone would have told me to step away from the burrito a few times my thighs wouldn't look like sacks of cottage cheese.

Judgey Wudgey was a Bear... *roar*

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    There's a HUGE difference between HONESTY and RUDENESS!

honest is real.

Rudeness is a perceived thing based on YOUR thoughts of their Honesty

Correct.
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've always found the blunt advice to be the best. Sugarcoating things never worked for me. It just makes me think everythings ok
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    True Trolling is an art form.
    2 parts sarcasm, mixed with 1 part dig, seasoned with underlying truth, and rolled in raw humor. && if you can throw a .gif in there... you are a Troll God.
    I raise my glass to True Internet Trolls. :drinker:

As for those people who stomp their feet, run out of the forum pouting, and delete their account (usually getting the best threads deleted or locked, too) just because not everyone agreed with them 100% of the time...... yeah.... don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I've always found the blunt advice to be the best. Sugarcoating things never worked for me. It just makes me think everythings ok

So true. "ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power."
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    As long as none of My friends tell me to put down the spoon when I close my diary with ice cream for the third day in a row then everything will be ok. :laugh:

Simply put I'm not here for people to judge me I'm here to be motivated and inspired by everyone's fitness journey. I don't want to be critiqued by other people's current fitness priorities. I just want to celebrate when I do well and shrug off the bad. The rest will come in time.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    As for those people who stomp their feet, run out of the forum pouting, and delete their account (usually getting the best threads deleted or locked, too) just because not everyone agreed with them 100% of the time...... yeah.... don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

This. If you can't handle a little bit of internet disagreement, you probably have confrontational issues in real life.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    very well said! totally agree with you.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Trolling is so much easier than judging. I feel it puts me at the highest echelon of douchebaggery.
    echelon

Educated troll is educated.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think a forum like this needs all types - the ones who will NOT sugarcoat, who will give it straight and dirty, like it or not. And it ALSO needs the ones who will couch advice in much friendlier tones. Because there are all types who read these forums. ALL types. And the exact post that is going to infuriate someone may be the very post that motivates another. And the post that is too touchy-feely for some, may be the very post that helps someone begin their own journey.

So you be you and I'll be me, and the sun will rise tomorrow.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think a forum like this needs all types - the ones who will NOT sugarcoat, who will give it straight and dirty, like it or not. And it ALSO needs the ones who will couch advice in much friendlier tones. Because there are all types who read these forums. ALL types. And the exact post that is going to infuriate someone may be the very post that motivates another. And the post that is too touchy-feely for some, may be the very post that helps someone begin their own journey.

So you be you and I'll be me, and the sun will rise tomorrow.

Perfect -- I couldn't agree more!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    You can't control people, so how about not telling people how YOU feel they should act? =/

I think we should all act like different types of birds, but you know, life isn't always fair. >_< Coooo
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    You can't control people, so how about not telling people how YOU feel they should act? =/

I think we should all act like different types of birds, but you know, life isn't always fair. >_< Coooo

I did mention something about how advice was just that, didn't I?

I'm not telling anyone. I'm suggesting.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    So I find it interesting to see you post this after two days ago posting on your status not to judge on your drinking night....

not that I dont agree with you.... just thought i would point that out.

Bahahaha, good point. You also saw I had a 1500 calorie burn that day, and I am still under calories. Granted, booze is empty calories though.

But you have to be able to live a little. I'm not saying judge someone on the occasional times they splurge, I'm saying when its a constant habit.

And besides, that was only a sub-point of this article. The main point was don't be so damn sensitive. :D

Yep... like i said I agree... there are a few whiney people on here.... just made me laugh the irony of the one statement then the other.....

And yes you did work your tail off to be able to indulge that evening.... and the pics were a nice result of the evening as well...