Gryffindor Common Room

Options
Hello, my fellow Gryffindors! This is a loose extension of the Gryffindor thread from the Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge that recently ended. If you weren't part of that original group, you are still welcome, but only if you believe yourself to be a true Gryffindor at heart! (If any of you from the challenge feel you actually belong in a different house, Ravenclaw has a thread of this sort (Ravenclaw Common Room) that I'm sure you could inquire into, and possibly Slytherin and Hufflepuff will follow shortly (I'll keep you posted here as I find this out).

UnoDiamante (our Head of House from the last challenge), has named me her successor, so from here on out I'll be the one organizing things to give her a break :)

I want to leave this pretty open to make it whatever it needs to be from week to week. To start, leave some suggestions of where you might like to start or what sort of challenges would help you. I'm thinking we'll still do a weekly weigh in just to keep us accountable to ourselves and to encourage each other. We can have mini challenges within our House, and possibly we can compete in agreed-upon challenges with other Houses depending on what we decide to work towards each week.

This group doesn't have a start or end date overall, it's basically a never-ending sort of place where Harry Potter fans can always find each other and be geeky together.

I think I'll leave it at that until I get some more input from you all on where to go from here :)

Bron
Gryffindor Head of House

Replies

• EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! :)

Will we continue to have our weigh-ins?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I think so. We can see what day works best for everyone, but I liked having them. :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome idea! So glad we'll be able to continue supporting eachother and of course engaging in some Harry potter fun! :D
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i will def be checking back here everytime i come on to mfp. i love all you gryffindors!

i think we should set a calorie burned goal for ourselves. like say no less than 3000 but you can set any calorie goal for yourself as long as its higher or equal to what the minimum # can be.

anyone else like that idea?
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wasn't part of the HP Weight Loss Challenge BUT I'm a huge Potter fan (it's ridiculous, really) and even though I think I'm more of a Gryffinclaw, all of my HP paraphernalia is Gryffindor... so I guess I feel like I belong here more than Ravenclaw. ;)

So if this is an open group, I'd love to be part of it. I've fallen off the wagon lately but now that I have my new job and am getting settled in, I'm ready to get back to work. I think I need to have a group to be accountable to in order to help me get back into gear.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wasn't part of the HP Weight Loss Challenge BUT I'm a huge Potter fan (it's ridiculous, really) and even though I think I'm more of a Gryffinclaw, all of my HP paraphernalia is Gryffindor... so I guess I feel like I belong here more than Ravenclaw. ;)

So if this is an open group, I'd love to be part of it. I've fallen off the wagon lately but now that I have my new job and am getting settled in, I'm ready to get back to work. I think I need to have a group to be accountable to in order to help me get back into gear.

Dude, I'm so happy you're here, girl! Welcome to Gryffindor!
  • nrg607
    nrg607 Posts: 12
    Options
    Ooooo!
    Same as above, I wasn't in the last one, but I'd sure like to join this time 'round. :D
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thank you for keeping Gryffindor alive and well! :D<3
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Ooooo!
    Same as above, I wasn't in the last one, but I'd sure like to join this time 'round. :D

Welcome to Gryffindor! The more the merrier :)
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think we should do challenges again! Those were fun :) Count me in as a fellow Gryff :drinker:
  • Dawn_Renee
    Options
    I am here :) Thanks to cousin Bron.
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this going Bronwen!! :)
  • blondie2285
    Options
    Sounds good! Who won the challenge by the way??
  • missjaeda
    missjaeda Posts: 22
    Options
    I would love to join! Definitely a Gryffindor at heart. Lightning bolt scar tattoo and all :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Sounds good! Who won the challenge by the way??

Looks like it was Ravenclaw! Darn! :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow HP geeks! Just wanted to post so I can keep touch with you all. Great job to everyone - and I look forward to more friendly competition!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey Gryffs! Does anyone else like the calorie burn challenge? And does anyone have a preference for what day we weigh in on? Like Sunday mornings or Monday mornings? And if you have any friends that are Harry Potter fans, invite them too! :) Hopefully we can get some things organized this week and officially weigh in by the end of the week!
  • nrg607
    nrg607 Posts: 12
    Options
    Can you explain the calorie burn challenge, please? And I'd prefer Monday morning to Sunday mornings, because I'm away many weekends. Also, there are weekend events when school starts up, and I might not wake up until the afternoon. :P
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Can you explain the calorie burn challenge, please? And I'd prefer Monday morning to Sunday mornings, because I'm away many weekends. Also, there are weekend events when school starts up, and I might not wake up until the afternoon. :P

Like Kelsue suggested above, we'd set some kind of calories burned challenge for either us as a group or individually for the week. We could earn House Points for meeting our goals, too :)