• trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry I'm late. No change in my weight this week. /:

But on the bright side, I did gain early access to Pottermore this morning! :D

YAY! My bestie and I got in yesterday. She checked on a whim and we both rushed to finish just in the nick of time! Just curious, what was the question today? Yesterday was what chapter does McGonagall cancel the Quidditch match against Hufflepuff, then that number x42.

Day three was how much Gryffindor was winning by before he caught the snitch, then day four was how many champions were in the Triwizard Tournament & then today, day five, was the number of the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. C:

Cool! I saw it on Day 4, but still awesome :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi, sorry I'm late. No change in my weight this week. /:

But on the bright side, I did gain early access to Pottermore this morning! :D

YAY! My bestie and I got in yesterday. She checked on a whim and we both rushed to finish just in the nick of time! Just curious, what was the question today? Yesterday was what chapter does McGonagall cancel the Quidditch match against Hufflepuff, then that number x42.

Day three was how much Gryffindor was winning by before he caught the snitch, then day four was how many champions were in the Triwizard Tournament & then today, day five, was the number of the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. C:

Cool! I saw it on Day 4, but still awesome :)

Day 6 is how many chapters in Half-Blood Prince!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    YAY! It's our first weekly Prefect chart of the term! Each week, the 2 people with the highest percentage lost will be named Prefects of Gryffindor House for the next week. Basically, it's just bragging rights, but you can use the authority however you wish. At the end of each mini-goal date, the person with the highest overall percentage lost will be named Head Girl (or Boy if any join us) until the end of the next mini-goal date!

The asterisks mean I didn't hear from those people at all during that time frame. The #VALUE stuff means you joined us late or didn't reply back both weeks so far, so it couldn't calcuate it yet. If you have a negative percentage you gained weight, and everyone else lost! Also, Kelsue35 is tracking her inches starting on 8/1, so the number for 7/25 is her weight (no one freak out that she's losing too much weight in a week, lol).

Our Prefects this week (I'll probably post these charts on Fridays, so Friday to Friday will be the Prefect time frame):

Nekoashi and Maddielu! Great work to you guys and to all my lovely Gryffindors! Let's keep it up :)

283528_579444094023_179201885_32270091_1878935_n.jpg
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a late starter, but can I be a Gryffindor?! Pretty please! I'm sitting under the hat. :wink:
    I just had a baby and need to lose the baby weight! My start weight is 195, my mini-goal is 185 for 9/1
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I am a late starter, but can I be a Gryffindor?! Pretty please! I'm sitting under the hat. :wink:
    I just had a baby and need to lose the baby weight! My start weight is 195, my mini-goal is 185 for 9/1

The sorting hat says....GRYFFINDOR! Welcome! You'll be on our next chart :) We weigh in on Mondays, and I will post the weekly challenges on Sundays. Prefect charts will be posted on Fridays, and I'll send you lots of reminders throughout the week.
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    :smile:
  • sephetlia
    sephetlia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please - oh please! - can I be a Gryffindor?! I swear I am brave at heart (and very eager to make geeky friends to lose weight with)!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Please - oh please! - can I be a Gryffindor?! I swear I am brave at heart (and very eager to make geeky friends to lose weight with)!

Of course! Read my above post to ShannonP for all the important deets. Welcome to Gryffindor!
  • Nutmeghrose
    Nutmeghrose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 219.2
    September 1st Goal weight: 210
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    YAY! Thanks, dear!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just have to tell you how much I appreciate this group and I am SO happy to be a part of it. It's really jump (re-)started my weight loss and lifestyle changes. Just knowing there are others on here to support me and hold me accountable is really helpful. Plus I wanna be Head Girl, so I'm sure gonna try! :P

Anyway, I'm done being mushy. I love y'all!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Really hoping that my birthday weekend hasn't done too much damage!!!!

I've been to 2 Zumba classes and thoroughly enjoyed them!!! Also, took delivery of my birthday pressie: a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor!!!! Still getting used to the buttons but I love it!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Honeybee511
    Options

I've been to 2 Zumba classes and thoroughly enjoyed them!!! Also, took delivery of my birthday pressie: a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor!!!! Still getting used to the buttons but I love it!!!!

LouiseXXX

I love Zumba classes! They are so fun!
  • rockabillydarlin
    Options

LouiseXXX

I love Zumba classes! They are so fun!

My friend is now a certified Zumba instructor so I hope to take some classes with her! Haven't tried it before.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey, guys! I'm sorta rethinking the posting the challenges on Sundays, because I don't hear how you did on the current challenges til Mondays.

SO, pretty please, make extra sure to tell me how you did with this week's challenge when you check in each week (whether you did good OR bad) and any suggestions you may have of challenges that would help you right now.

Would you like to keep our calorie burned challenges exclusively? or would you like to switch it up with some food, water, or another workout challenge? Or something else entirely (maybe even something geeky? lol)?

I want to make this group as helpful as possible, so please let me know what you're thinking so far :)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Whooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for water, sweaty exercise and decent eating.

Weigh-in this morning 177lbs, that 6lbs down!!!!!!!!!

Managed to burned 2370 cals.

Not sure what the next 3 days will bring, I'm off down to Bristol (UK) to see a friend. I'll being staying in a hotel and eating out mostly. I do have some bottles of water so I'm hoping to keep up with my intake!

Bronwenhilary: I love the calorie burn challenge. I'd also love a food/water challenge. I remember one from the Harry Potter Challenge which was to eat a rainbow of colours in a day. I managed that and it made me think carefully what I could foods I could eat to meet the challenge!!
    Maybe you could challenge us to do some strength training for a certain time, 3 times a week (strength training is my nemesis!!!!)

Good luck everyone!!!!

LouiseXXXX
  • rockabillydarlin
    Options
    I'm down to 164.4 -- that's not only 1.2 pounds down from last week, BUT it's my halfway point! 20 lbs. down, 20 more to go until the top end of my goal range! I also managed to burn 2257 calories, thanks to choreography nights for the musical I'm in.

I love the strength training challenge idea too because I HATE doing it and I know I need to or else I'll lose muscle too. And of course, I'm always up for something geeky!
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    And the number is... 194! Down 1 lb! Good start! Just yesterday withgoing to the gm and having a double header a softball, I burned 1500 cal! I will need to up my cal burn goal a week. I like having other kinds of challenges, like the strength training. The food challenge sounds good too!
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Goooooooood morning Gryffindors!!
    Weighed in this morning at 200 even which puts me down 6.2 pounds this week! Woooohooooo!! I burned 3,297 calories in exercise, and since I'm not working this week AND I go back to school a week from Friday, I'm gonna up my burn goal to 3,700 calories.
    I'm 5 pounds away from my Pottermore goal!! Speaking of which, I was able to slide in on the 7th day of early registration, just waiting for my welcome letter now!

How's everyone else doing?