Replies

• Marcellus_08
    Options
    p.s bump
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    YAY! I found the link!

I gave you my weight yesterday so I will start posting here on Monday mornings!
    LETS GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!!!!

Are we doing the 1500 calories burn in a week this week also?

Yup! Unless you met that last week and want to bump it up to 2000! You can scroll back a few pages and read it, too :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Good morning Gryffindors!!!!
    My stats this morning: Wt 143 (lost 1 pound*still on track*)
    Cal burned: 1957/2000

I almost made it. Saturday I worked for someone then I decided to stay for a 16 hrs!!! Yicks! That wiped me out on Sunday and I had to work 8hrs. So my plans for working out went out the window. I go to jazzercize with my girlfriends 2-3 days a wk, It's pretty fun and a good workout. We also take family walks a few times a week and I made it a goal if I need something in town I am going to walk/bike. Walking everywhere has really upped my calories burned. Hope everyone has a good day I gotta move it jazzercize is in 45 mins!!

That's totally understandable! Way to make the choice to walk everywhere, too! I think I'm too impatient to do that, I would just be thinking about how fast I would get there and back in my car while I was walking, lol. Jazzercize sounds fun! I'm sure with all that you'll hit the 2000 cals burned goal no prob! You were SO close! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    As Tonks would say, wotcher Gryffindors!

My weight last week was 166.8. My weight this morning is 165.6 -- 1.2 pounds lost for the week! I'm still a half pound heavier than I was when I stopped consistently logging and exercising in May (I was finishing grad school and job hunting, which really made me not give a crap about what I was eating... Taco Bell was perfect for 1am while writing my dissertation). But I think only gaining 1.8 pounds between then and now isn't that bad! I was still trying to be conscious about what I was eating, but often made bad choices that I wouldn't have made otherwise.

I burned 914 calories this week. On a positive note, that's 4 calories more than MFP has for my weekly burned goal. On the downside, I didn't make the 1500 goal. It was definitely a lack of motivation on my part, combined with the disgustingly hot weather. I also commute an hour both ways to work, so by the time I get home I'm feeling like having a beer and kicking back in the yard with a book. However, our play rehearsals have kicked up to three times a week, so that's three days I will be dancing for at least an hour!

Last night I played soccer with my little brother. I've been playing since first grade, and I was on the school team in the fall, indoor travel in the winter, and outdoor travel in the spring/summer. I think there was only about a month that I wasn't on a field. I haven't played in seven years, but god did I miss it! Getting my foot on the ball was like coming home to something. I'm trying to find a non-paying league around here (they are expensive... I used to pay exorbitant amounts for my traveling teams), but my brother plays with his friends often and I think I'll try to get him to play with me as well. It's a great calorie burner and so much fun you don't even know you're exercising. ;)

I'm going for the 1500 goal again, since I didn't make it this week, but I'm going to try and hit 2000 if I can! We'll see how it goes. Hope y'all have a great week ladies (I think we're all ladies here, anyway)!

HAHAHA! Your greeting is amazing, I love you, girl!

I think you should be proud of only gaining 1.8 lbs when you weren't giving it your all, because to me that means you've obviously ingrained more good habits than you thought. There were just more moments of weakness, which everyone deals with. It's called life! lol. But I'm glad to have you in our happy little House :)
    It has to feel AWESOME to be doing something you love, and I hope you can do it more and more! I love things that are so much fun you don't even care about how much you're burning. Just Dance does that for me, especially trying to beat the other players' scores.

I love your attitude, keep up the great work!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey Gryffindors!
    Weighed in this morning at 206.2. Woohoo! It would've been a bigger loss, except my pals and I celebrated HP's birthday on Saturday night haha. My calorie burn last week was 2,319! I'm gonna push for 2,500 this week.

WOW, great burn! I'm sure you can hit 2500 no prob! And how could you resist celebrating Harry's bday? ;)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Welcome, Ellie. :)
    And yes, I've lost inches! I lost 1/4" from my thigh, 7/8" from my waist, and 1 5/8" from my hips. The previous measurements are from 11 days ago, not just this past week. In light of this, I excuse myself for gaining a pound. :P

That's great news! I excuse you, too. What a great compromise :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    hi all!
    i actually had a great week. i lost 5 pounds bringing be down to 208 and 8 pounds away from my goal for sept. 1, which i think is attainable. and i burned 3486 calories! i' really pushed myself last week to set a good example and get into a good rhythm of going to the gym and eating well. i think i'm going to aim to burn 3500-4000 calories this week!
    hope everyone had a good week and is off to a good start with this week!

That's a huge burn, great work! Try to make sure you're fueling those workouts well enough too, ya know? It looks like your hard work is paying off too!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    going to make my calorie burned goal for this week 3000! got 809 down already and its only monday. however i am headed to OCMD for 17 days to visit my sister and hoping to keep it up but last time i went down i was wicked busy forgot workout dvds and was just just plain lazy. I VOW TO DO MY BEST TO GET OFF MY *kitten* while there!

good luck to you all

You got this! I know its hard to stay in routine when you're away from home, but at your sister's hopefully you'll be more comfortable then someone else's to stay on track :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Good evening and good morning for some :) checking in for the week. I lost an astonishing 4lbs so I'm at 165.5, but I've been sick with a cold or the flu, that would explain the big loss

Aw, I hope you're feeling better! Try to stay hydrated and get some rest :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Thanks for the invite bronwenhilary. Good to be back with the Gryffindors.

Well, after a fabulous weight loss for the Harry Potter Challenge, quite a bit went back on during my hols :sad:

Still, onwards and downwards.

My weight, as of yesterday morning, is 183lbs.

Goal for start of school term (1st September) - I'd love to be a size down (i'm UK size 16 at the mo, so size 14 here I come) and with that, be around 7-10lbs lighter.

For 1st October, I'd like to see more definition in my body, a few muscles and less wobbling flab.

I'm going to take a progress piccie (well, actually I'll have to bribe one of my children to do it!) this week, one in September (which will be my one year anniversary of properly losing weight) and one in October. Let's hope there's a differnence ; )

LouiseXXX

I'm SURE there will be a huge difference! You'll have that holiday weight off in no time! :) Glad to have you back, hun!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau. I've been stuck at 185 for awhile. Hopefully, I'll be able to report something different next week. I'm trying to get back to basics!

Also, I'm in for the challenge! I'm going to aim for the 2000! Did this start Monday? Should I count those cals?
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yay sodium! I apparently went nuts this past weekend and gained 6lbs of water weight. Current weight: 159.4lbs
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau. I've been stuck at 185 for awhile. Hopefully, I'll be able to report something different next week. I'm trying to get back to basics!

Also, I'm in for the challenge! I'm going to aim for the 2000! Did this start Monday? Should I count those cals?

MOST DEFINITELY! Each challenge will start on Monday (posted Sunday night), so rock it girl! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Yay sodium! I apparently went nuts this past weekend and gained 6lbs of water weight. Current weight: 159.4lbs

Man, that's a bummer! Drink lots of water this week :)
  • missjaeda
    Options
    Well, I'm at 247 lbs, and managed to burn 1800 calories last week. Major deal. Had some issues the beginning of the week, so I've been doing my best to at least sign in on mfp. Hope y'all are good :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm pretty new, but I'm so pumped to be here!

My starting weight is 154.5 and I've done 1,330 calories burned for this week so far. It really helps working at a barn where I get to ride on top of my regular workouts!

I am holding a bit of water weight due to sodium, the scale said 155.9 yesterday but it was back down to 155 this morning. I'm pretty sure I'll be relatively happy tomorrow morning haha (or at least I hope so)!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Try changing your pounds lost per week/increase your calorie intake. By eating more often (healthy stuff, of course) you may be able to boost your metabolism. Also, confuse your body with your exercise -- that's how P90X works! My body got used to my workouts because I did the same thing every day. :(
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm pretty new, but I'm so pumped to be here!

My starting weight is 154.5 and I've done 1,330 calories burned for this week so far. It really helps working at a barn where I get to ride on top of my regular workouts!

I am holding a bit of water weight due to sodium, the scale said 155.9 yesterday but it was back down to 155 this morning. I'm pretty sure I'll be relatively happy tomorrow morning haha (or at least I hope so)!

Great job so far! What's your goal this week? 1500 or 2000? Either way it looks like you'll smash it :)
    Get your water in to get rid of that water weight, and I'm sure you'll be golden by Monday!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Well, I'm at 247 lbs, and managed to burn 1800 calories last week. Major deal. Had some issues the beginning of the week, so I've been doing my best to at least sign in on mfp. Hope y'all are good :)

Issues happen to everyone, so no worries! I hope you're doing ok :)
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry I'm late. No change in my weight this week. /:

But on the bright side, I did gain early access to Pottermore this morning! :D

YAY! My bestie and I got in yesterday. She checked on a whim and we both rushed to finish just in the nick of time! Just curious, what was the question today? Yesterday was what chapter does McGonagall cancel the Quidditch match against Hufflepuff, then that number x42.

Day three was how much Gryffindor was winning by before he caught the snitch, then day four was how many champions were in the Triwizard Tournament & then today, day five, was the number of the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. C: