Replies

• blondie2285
    Options
    Week 1 - 137.1
    Week 2 - 135.6 yay!!
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I missed last week... went on vacation and in all the hubbub forgot to mention it here. :blushing: Also, I like the calorie burn challenge!

Hope everyone had a good week! I gained this week, which I'm attributing to the vacation...

SW: 154.2
    Week 2 - 157.6

Getting my butt back in gear now!
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am up a pound this week from my vacation last week. Hope to be back down soon.
    SW: 214
    Week 1: 214
    Week 2: 215

I need to up my water intake and get back to exercising (and watch my food intake of course!). If I don't have to do kid pickup tonight I'll head to Tae Kwon Do after work.
  • maddielu
    maddielu Posts: 12
    Options
    good afternoon everyone!!
    i lost two pounds this week which puts me 6 pounds away from my september 1st goal. I also burned about 3600 calories this week, more than last and within my goal but I would like to see it higher for next week so i'm hoping i can get to 4000. some days this week were rough but i love having goals because i don't like losing (unless its weight. sorry i had to) but I would be interested in a a food/water challenge!
  • punk_mama
    Options
    Hurray I made my calorie goal + 57!!! So my total is 2057/2000 I had to work hard yesterday, I was down alot of cals!!! I walked, biked and 30ds to make it!!!! I need to think about this more during the week and spreed out my workouts so it's not a mad dash at the end of the week to finish. I have been working alot and that wipes me out so I think that's the "problem" I am going to keep my goal at 2000 until I feel like I easily accomplished 2000. I also lost 1 pound. :bigsmile:

I like the idea of having other mini goals to mix it up along with the calorie burn goal. I have a mfp friend that posts mini goals like 150 crunches or 150 squats till mid night Ect, I like the ideas of food goals too like looby1968 said.

Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work gryffindors!!!!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 155.0lbs
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if I could join in? I just joined mfp today, and about jumped out of my office chair when I saw Gryffindor! I LOVE Harry Potter, even my dogs (Charlie and Ginny) are named after them! If it's not too late I would like to be part of the group.
  • sephetlia
    sephetlia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Evening, everyone! This is my first official week as a Gryffindor and I was wondering what exactly the calorie burning challenge that we're doing right now is. I think that's a great idea, btw, and I also really liked the suggestion above of eating a rainbow of colors - I always feel so happy with myself when I can see a variety of shades on my plate!

Anyway, thank you for letting me join! So excited! :)

And my weigh-in for this week will be 201.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if I could join in? I just joined mfp today, and about jumped out of my office chair when I saw Gryffindor! I LOVE Harry Potter, even my dogs (Charlie and Ginny) are named after them! If it's not too late I would like to be part of the group.

Of course! Post your current weight and a goal weight for September 1st (when the Hogwarts Express leaves for term) and another goal for October 1st (when Pottermore.com opens).

You can read back to find all the details of what we're about and what we've done so far, and I'm VERY excited to have you in our humble House :)

Keep your eyes on this thread tomorrow morning, too, because that's when I'll post this week's challenge!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Evening, everyone! This is my first official week as a Gryffindor and I was wondering what exactly the calorie burning challenge that we're doing right now is. I think that's a great idea, btw, and I also really liked the suggestion above of eating a rainbow of colors - I always feel so happy with myself when I can see a variety of shades on my plate!

Anyway, thank you for letting me join! So excited! :)

And my weigh-in for this week will be 201.

Scroll back through to find my weekly post. It explains it more in depth there. Basically, we set ourselves a goal of how many calories to burn.
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am excited! I will be checking in tomorrow!

Weight today: 210
    GW for Sept. 1st: 205
    GW for Oct.: 195
  • nrg607
    nrg607 Posts: 12
    Options
    Today I weighed in at 127, down two pounds from last week (but one pound overall). I forgot to bring my computer to my grandmother's house, so I couldn't post until now. :ohwell: And I'm good with any kind of challenges :)
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 131.8 lbs this week. c:
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    166.9 this week for me
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I missed last week... went on vacation and in all the hubbub forgot to mention it here. :blushing: Also, I like the calorie burn challenge!

Hope everyone had a good week! I gained this week, which I'm attributing to the vacation...

Week 2 - 157.6

What are your goal weights for Sept 1 and for Oct 1?
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I forgot to give my Oct 1 goal! I say 175!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Good morning, Gryffindors! I've gotta say, it makes me so happy to see you all working so hard to get those BIG burns this week! Whether you made your goal or didn't, I'm proud of your attitude and your effort. Let's keep it up! :)

As far as this week's challenge, a lot of you seem to be really killing the calorie burn challenge, so I think its a good time to change it up. Also, lots of you seem to be of the competitive variety, so I propose adding House Points into our challenges (like the Ravenclaws do) to make who becomes Prefect each week less about the scale.

House Points would be earned like this: at the beginning of each week, I'll say how many House points are possible for each part of the challenge. Then, when you check in each Monday, you would also post how many House points you've earned (based on the honor system) and that will factor in to the percentages lost as well. What do you all think of that? I think it could make those of us plateauing a little more motivated to kick butt!

Ok, to give this a shot, here's our first House Point weekly challenge (10 points max):

Rainbow Challenge (max 5 pts): Eat at least 1 meal with 4 or more colors in it for at least 5 days this week. Junk food doesn't count (as much as we wish it did, eh?). 1 point for each day you have at least one 4-color meal (max 5). I encourage you to use this challenge to learn how to do this for every meal you can, but aim for 5 for this challenge.

Water Challenge (max 5 pts): Drink at least 8 cups of water at least 5 days this week. Ideally you should be hitting your water goals every day, but for those of us that find it hard, aim for five. IF YOUR GOAL IS HIGHER THAN 8 CUPS/DAY: I encourage you to make that your minimum to receive a House Point for each day. 1 point for each day (up to 5) that you drink at least 8 cups (or your personal goal, if it's more than 8 cups).

I think we'll keep it at that for this week to get used to the points, but in the future we can have a food and exercise goal each week. I encourage you to keep aiming for those big burns if you can, or at least do some working out as many days as you can, even tho our challenge isn't exercise-related this week. We all know its good for us :)

And just to keep me accountable, my workouts have sucked the past 2 weeks, so I'm adding the 1500 cal burn challenge to my personal goals :)
  • Nutmeghrose
    Nutmeghrose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at 217.2. Down 2 lbs from last week! :-)
  • Nutmeghrose
    Nutmeghrose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at 217.2. Down 2 lbs from last week! :-)
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Week 2 - 157.6

What are your goal weights for Sept 1 and for Oct 1?

Eep! Sorry, didn't realize I hadn't posted it.

GW Sept 1: 151
    GW Oct 1: 145