Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    sorry i missed yesterdays weigh in. on vacay at my sisters in ocmd and been very busy. my inches havent changed since last week. and i havent had time to log my exercise every day so not sure how many calories i burned. by the time i have time to log them its after midnight and when i try to log them it completes for that day not the day i want it to. if anyone can tell me how to get it to go on for the day i want it to please let me know
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ok, to give this a shot, here's our first House Point weekly challenge (10 points max):

Rainbow Challenge (max 5 pts): Eat at least 1 meal with 4 or more colors in it for at least 5 days this week. Junk food doesn't count (as much as we wish it did, eh?). 1 point for each day you have at least one 4-color meal (max 5). I encourage you to use this challenge to learn how to do this for every meal you can, but aim for 5 for this challenge.

Seeking clarification on the "colors" challenge - so, my Jazz apple would be red, my banana yellow... can I count my vanilla yogurt as white? Does the color of the meat in my sandwich also count? (Or the bread/cheese/lettuce?) Not trying to pick nits, just want to understand what does and does not qualify as "color" for my meal.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Ok, to give this a shot, here's our first House Point weekly challenge (10 points max):

Rainbow Challenge (max 5 pts): Eat at least 1 meal with 4 or more colors in it for at least 5 days this week. Junk food doesn't count (as much as we wish it did, eh?). 1 point for each day you have at least one 4-color meal (max 5). I encourage you to use this challenge to learn how to do this for every meal you can, but aim for 5 for this challenge.

Seeking clarification on the "colors" challenge - so, my Jazz apple would be red, my banana yellow... can I count my vanilla yogurt as white? Does the color of the meat in my sandwich also count? (Or the bread/cheese/lettuce?) Not trying to pick nits, just want to understand what does and does not qualify as "color" for my meal.

Those all count as colors! As long as its a healthy food you're counting, its fair game. :)
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Those all count as colors! As long as its a healthy food you're counting, its fair game. :)

Not to be THAT person but a banana isnt yellow.. i almost didnt get into kindergarten because when i was asked what color a banana was i told them white. they tried to tell me it was yellow but that would be the peel not the banana. just saying lol
  • pixycats
    pixycats Posts: 62
    Options
    Yay! So glad I can still join. :D

I actually haven't weighed myself in several days (this is what I get for going on vacation!) and am not going to do an official one until Friday (my weigh-in day) once I've had time to do a little work to help myself recover. I was 122.4 the day before I left.

GW for Sept 1 and October 1 is the same: 120

I'm really just working on toning now but having a place to be held accountable and having the weekly challenges is so helpful!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Am I brave enough to be let into Gryffindor?? I would love to be part of the House!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Am I brave enough to be let into Gryffindor?? I would love to be part of the House!

Yup! Welcome! post your weight this week, then post your goal weights for September 1 and October 1. And read back to see our challenges, and weigh in here every Monday! :)
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Great!

CW: 177
    GW Sept 1: 175
    GW Oct 1: 170

I just started using MFP, so I'm still trying to figure out optimal calories and such, so while I'd like to lose more by Sept. 1, I don't hold out a lot of hope for it.

My water intake varies, but I always get at least 8 cups, usually at least 10, so I think I will make my water goal 12 for the week. It's hot here!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Been abroad, without scales, so apologies for the late weigh in.

Ate three course meals every night, but also burned ridiculous amounts of calories so no harm done. :)

Start weight 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5 (I have not really lost a pound, that's TOM)

GOALS
    Start of September 127
    Start of October 124
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Yay! So glad I can still join. :D

I actually haven't weighed myself in several days (this is what I get for going on vacation!) and am not going to do an official one until Friday (my weigh-in day) once I've had time to do a little work to help myself recover. I was 122.4 the day before I left.

GW for Sept 1 and October 1 is the same: 120

I'm really just working on toning now but having a place to be held accountable and having the weekly challenges is so helpful!

Ok, I'm going to use 122.4 as your start weight for this week, then when you weigh on Friday wait to post it til Monday (here). I think that will be the most fair since you're kind of right in the middle of this week to start. Make sense?
  • punk_mama
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great week!!!!
    I am burning some calories this week!!! I am determined to surpass my 2000calorie goal. I have to remember to log my water intakes throughout the day I love water but I don't drink it like I should. If I replaced all the espresso/coffee/teas with water I would be in great shape! Anyone else having trouble drinking enough water? I feel like I am on the edge of dyhydration most of the time.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I am burning some calories this week!!! I am determined to surpass my 2000calorie goal. I have to remember to log my water intakes throughout the day I love water but I don't drink it like I should. If I replaced all the espresso/coffee/teas with water I would be in great shape! Anyone else having trouble drinking enough water? I feel like I am on the edge of dyhydration most of the time.

You definitely have to balance the coffee and water. It's hard, believe me :) What do you usually drink your water in? I have this reusable plastic cup with a straw (it looks like those plastic cups from Starbucks, but the lid screws on). I got it from Meijer, but I've seen them at Walmart, too for like $5. They hold 3 cups of water at a time, and it really helps me stay ahead.
  • punk_mama
    Options

You definitely have to balance the coffee and water. It's hard, believe me :) What do you usually drink your water in? I have this reusable plastic cup with a straw (it looks like those plastic cups from Starbucks, but the lid screws on). I got it from Meijer, but I've seen them at Walmart, too for like $5. They hold 3 cups of water at a time, and it really helps me stay ahead.

I should buy a new thing to drink from that is only moms. I let the kids drink outta my cups to be nice and all of my water bottles are chewed. Lol. Yep going to buy a new one, and it's MINE!!! :-D
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

I should buy a new thing to drink from that is only moms. I let the kids drink outta my cups to be nice and all of my water bottles are chewed. Lol. Yep going to buy a new one, and it's MINE!!! :-D

That sounds like a PERFECT plan!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey, Gryffs! I just wanna let you all know that I plan to send reminders to those of you who haven't weighed in by Friday each week. I also want you to know that I'm not sitting in front of my computer stewing over the fact that you haven't checked in yet! I know when I'm busy I appreciate little reminders, and I just don't want anyone to miss out on the fun of being dorks together just because they forgot. Some of you have written back to me apologizing, and that's REALLY not what I intend my messages to convey! :)
  • sephetlia
    sephetlia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Morning, Gryffindors! Would anyone mind if I added them as a friend on here? I'd like to have as much motivation as possible and since you guys are the coolest people available I'd love it if some of you guys were on my team. :) I'll totally do the same for you!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have been abroad and don't have time to check back through all eight pages, were we supposed to be weighing in on Fridays?
    If so, here are my latest stats.

Start weight 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5 (I have not really lost a pound, that's TOM)
    12th August 127.5 I can't really have lost TWO pounds of fat so quickly, that must also be TOM!

GOALS
    Start of September 127
    Start of October 124
  • veganbaum
    Options
    So are we supposed to post our current weight AND the results of the challenge on Fridays?

CW: 177
    Started the challenge late, since I just joined. I'll go back and check my points.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Have just got back from a weekend away. Hoping not too bad a weigh-in tomorrow.

LouiseXXXXXXXX
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Weigh ins are on MONDAYS! If you weigh in on a different day than that, that's totally fine, BUT please don't post it until after Monday. Each week you should be posting one week's worth of weight loss, on Mondays.

When you post your weights on Mondays, also include any House Points you have earned, and I'll add a column for them on the chart :)

Thanks guys!