Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if it's not too late! What do I need to do???

Post your current weight and your goal for September 1st! :)

Exactly, thanks for the help sweetie!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if it's not too late! What do I need to do???

Post your current weight and your goal for September 1st! :)

Exactly, thanks for the help sweetie!

Girl I got you! I know you said things were a little crazy at the moment so I thought I'd help by answering the only question I could lol.
  • rockabillydarlin
    Options
    Hi Gryffindors! It's Wednesday! How are y'all doing?

Didn't get in exercise yesterday, unfortunately. No one to blame but myself. However, I've got play rehearsal tonight and we're learning the choreography so I'm sure I'll be sweating up a storm while having a blast. :)

PS: I'm so excited about this, I even made a Gyffindor-themed weight loss ticker! :D

I'm doing very well! Got in 45 minutes of cardio AND strength training for my legs yesterday!
    Don't worry too much about missing a day of excercise. Sounds like you'll make up for it tonight! What play are you in? I used to do theatre as well, and coreography days are always GREAT excercise!

We're doing a revue called "Broadway Our Way" (we wanted "B****in' Broadway" but there are kids in the show, lol). In the past we've done Cabaret, City of Angels, Titanic, Aida, and the Sound of Music.
  • missjaeda
    missjaeda Posts: 22
    Options
    I weighed myself on Monday, but didn't get a chance to post, so here goes:

CW: 249
    SEPT 1 GOAL: 240
    OCT 1 GOAL: 235
  • punk_mama
    punk_mama Posts: 93
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good week!! I am doing good with our calorie burn goal I am going to up my goal to 2000cals burned/wk I am already at 1364 and I have jazzercize tomorrow. Idk I will see, i might have to up it more?

Does anyone recommend a good heart rate moniter that shows the calories burned? I think that would be pretty cool to have. Some guided workouts I wonder If I am truly burning as much as mfp says. Some instructors kick your butt others don't doing basically the same workout.

This might be stupid, but I am not above asking stupid questions, do our weekly mini goal run Monday-Monday?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Do something cool and think of me!!!:drinker: :drinker:
    I am working fri sat and sun 28 hours!!!! :noway:
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    off to the wizarding world for the weekend!!! Talk to you Monday everyone!! :)
  • rockabillydarlin
    Options

Have fun! We went last June the week they opened and it was insanity but AMAZING. Staying at the park had it's perks -- we got to go in a whole hour before the park opened to the public. People were waiting HOURS just to get into that part. I'm sure it's calmed down since then... I want to go back in the fall sometime! Drink lots of Butterbeer!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

UGH, Uno! Have lots of fun for all of us, and take some pics :)
  • missjaeda
    Options
    I have to say that at first 1500 calories to burn didn't seem like a big deal, but this week has been soooo busy, and Monday is right around the corner!! I'm so glad I have the afternoon off and I can catch up a bit on the numbers!!
  • rockabillydarlin
    Options
    I have to say that at first 1500 calories to burn didn't seem like a big deal, but this week has been soooo busy, and Monday is right around the corner!! I'm so glad I have the afternoon off and I can catch up a bit on the numbers!!

I know I won't reach the first challenge goal, but I'm not letting that stop me from trying! :P
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

I know I won't reach the first challenge goal, but I'm not letting that stop me from trying! :P

Great attitudes, girls! I'm proud of you all!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please. Let me know what information you need
  • missjaeda
    Options
    So I kind of got caught up in the moment of things, and my original workout gave me a burst of energy, and before I knew it, I burned 1446 calories today! I'm thinking I'll make the challenge this week lol!
  • punk_mama
    punk_mama Posts: 93
    Options
    So I kind of got caught up in the moment of things, and my original workout gave me a burst of energy, and before I knew it, I burned 1446 calories today! I'm thinking I'll make the challenge this week lol!

Awesome burn!!!! Way to go!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I would like to join please. Let me know what information you need

We post our weights here on Mondays, and give me a goal weight for September 1st at least! Welcome!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    GRYFFINDORS!!! There are several of you that still haven't posted your weights for last Monday (7/25) and your goal weights for at least September 1st! PLEASE post them by Sunday night so we can be caught up and ready to start week 2! Thanks guys!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    SW: 185
    September 1 Goal: 177
    October 1 Goal: 169
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    SW: 185
    September 1 Goal: 177
    October 1 Goal: 169

Gotcha! Thanks, babe!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Wazup, Gryffs? I think we're off to a great start to meet our goals for the start of term this year! Great work everyone!

When you check in and post your weights Monday morning, I'd love it if you could tell us how you did on this weeks challenge. Whether you struggled to meet the calories burned goal due to lack of motivation or just life making you busy, or whether you knocked this goal out of the park (and what you ended up burning, if you kept track)!

I think sharing our progress during the week is going to really help those of us who need that extra push from the outside, and those that don't need it quite as much will be inspiring the rest by sharing!

I'm going to keep the challenge this week pretty similar to allow those of us who are getting back into our grooves more time to really work it. So...

If you had trouble meeting the 1500 calories burned for the week challenge this week, keep that as your goal for this week. Try to pinpoint what the biggest factor keeping you from meeting the goal was (laziness, overwork, not getting enough sleep, etc), and purposely take steps to avoid that thing at least one day this week and get in your workout in spite of it! Post your progress at least once this week to keep yourself accountable, if you can!

If you had NO trouble meeting the 1500 calories burned for the week challenge this week, bump your goal up to 2000 calories to burn this week. Try to post at least one time you had to push yourself to complete your workout last week and what you did to motivate yourself to do it, to hopefully inspire someone who struggled and give them suggestions!

I really want this group to be more about improving each week by fixing bad habits, than just putting things off til we can 'start fresh next week' because it's too late to meet our original goals. I find that's a good attitude when there's nothing more we can do to change what's already happened, but just a fancy way to say 'procrastination' when there's still time to do something (even if its not what we originally planned). I struggle with this DAILY, so we all have something we can learn from each other, and a little progress is still progress. You can only fail when you quit, right? :)

Good luck this week, Gryffindors!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Ok so it is 226 am here and i cant sleep, probably shouldnt have measured at this paticular time but i did. so instead of weighing myself i am going to measure. and let me tell you i didnt like what my measure tape just told me. kicking into high gear for sure!

start inches: (8/1) waist: 37 hips: 38 booty: 40

sept 1 goal: w 33 h 35 b 37
    Oct 1 goal: w 28/30 h 30/32 b 34/36 (would be happy with either number for all)