• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Oh, I didn't see that post. XD

No worries :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey, Gryffindors! Does anyone have a problem with weighing in on Monday mornings? If not, I think we can make that our day. Does anyone else have a challenge idea to start? If not we'll start with a calorie burn challenge.

Let's start kinda small and work our way up to some big burns, tho. This week we'll have a minimum calories burned goal of 1500 per person (for the whole week). If you do more than that normally, set yourself a higher goal and post it so we can cheer you on. If you have a hard time sticking to your workouts (like I sometimes do, lol), let's aim for the minimum and work our way up!

Try to give yourselves mini rewards for completing your workouts every day to keep you motivated. Things like a half hour to read a book or take a relaxing bath, or to have a small treat after dinner or something. Little things to look forward to make the big things seem not so far away :)

And please reply back if you can to let me know what you think of weighing in on Mondays!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Oh! and if any of you would like a Gryffindor crest in your signature, here is the one I'm using: http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285076_578294807203_179201885_32247334_686635_n.jpg

Just paste this link put [ img ] in front and [ / img ] on the end, but with NO SPACES anywhere in the link or image tags!

You're also very much free to make your own and be creative :)
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Mondays sound good to me! :)
  • Marcellus_08
    Marcellus_08 Posts: 253
    Options
    PICK ME! I WANNA JOIN!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    PICK ME! I WANNA JOIN!

Heck yeah, girl!!!!!! You're SO in :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Ok, my starting weight: 257.8!

I think the Ravenclaws are setting themselves a goal to finish by the time Pottermore opens in October. I think it would be nice to have a mini-deadline to keep us on our toes. What do you all think?
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a mini-deadline! :)

SW: 154.2
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings work for me! I didn't weigh in this morning, but I can get my 'starting' weight to you tonight when I get home! Thanks again for keeping this going Bronwen. I'm looking forward to more challenges and creating some HP exercises!
  • punk_mama
    punk_mama Posts: 93
    Options
    Ooooooooooo I wanna join!!!
    I already weigh in on Monday's so of coarse I vote for that day :bigsmile:
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    My start weight is 183...really going backwards but trying to get back on track now. :)

How about for a mini goal we do September 1st since thats when the Hogwarts Express leaves for the start of the new term? :)

My mini goal (by Sept 1) is going to be 175..hoping for more but ive been so bad I dont want to make my goal too crazy..lol

My goal by Pottermore (Oct 1) is going to be 168. Really hoping I can stay focused and make this.. :)
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like Uno's idea. c:

My starting weight is 132.4 lbs.
    For September 1st, my goal is to be 128 lbs.
    For October 1st, my goal is to be 124 lbs.

I also like the idea of 1500 calories burned per week. c:
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    its Monday! weight is the same as when the harry potter movie started... 126... i dont really want to lose more than 1 more lb but need to tighten up grow an *kitten* and lose a few inches here and there... anyone have ideas on how to grow a butt? and instead of a start weight can i do start inches and then goal inches instead of goal weight?
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Mondays work for me :drinker:

SW: 152.6 lbs
    Sept 1 MG: 146 lbs
    Oct 1 MG: 143 lbs
  • maddielu
    maddielu Posts: 12
    Options
    can i still join?
    cw: 213
    (i'm not going to make it to a scale today but i weighed myself yesterday so i'm hoping that'll work)
    and ugw is 165.
    september 1: 200
    october 1: 195
  • nrg607
    nrg607 Posts: 12
    Options
    Starting weight: 128
    Sept 1: 124
    Oct 1: 120

Also, I did band camp from 8 AM to 5PM, but most of the time we didn't play and march at the same time. It was either one or the other. The only other marching option on here is "rapidly, military", and that definitely wasn't it. So... any suggestions as to where I should put it?
  • nrg607
    nrg607 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nevermind, I put it as brisk walking for 4 hours. I don't feel like I'm overestimating, either, because we were active for the full 9. Maybe I'm underestimating. :P
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    My start weight is 183...really going backwards but trying to get back on track now. :)

How about for a mini goal we do September 1st since thats when the Hogwarts Express leaves for the start of the new term? :)

My mini goal (by Sept 1) is going to be 175..hoping for more but ive been so bad I dont want to make my goal too crazy..lol

My goal by Pottermore (Oct 1) is going to be 168. Really hoping I can stay focused and make this.. :)

eeeee! Uno, I LOVE it! Our new mini-deadline will be September 1st! Everyone post your goals for that date (Kelsue, inches would be an amazingly acceptable compromise!) and hopefully I can get a chart going so we can keep track by the end of the week :)

*Please be patient with me, tho guys. Right now I'm home for a friend of the family's funeral (her kids are siblings to me) and its been rough. I should have things back to normal by the end of the week, tho.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    can i still join?
    cw: 213
    (i'm not going to make it to a scale today but i weighed myself yesterday so i'm hoping that'll work)
    and ugw is 165.
    september 1: 200
    october 1: 195

Absolutely! Unless the numbers ever get too large for me to handle, I'm going to leave this group open :)