HPs: 225
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    PREFECT TIME!

Here's the chart:

300505_588802704293_179201885_32369900_426822272_n.jpg

Our prefects for October Week 4 are:

MindyBlack (for weight lost) and Kelsue35 (for Owls & Newts)! Great work, as usual, girls!

I know you have your badges, so I'll leave it at that :)

Since it's the end of the month, we also get to name the Quidditch Captain, which is the person that loses the highest percentage of weight for the whole month!

This month it's MindyBlack! Congratulations, Mindy!

I know you have your badge for this, too, so I'll leave it at that here, too :)

No matter your contributions, great or small, don't forget that I'm extremely proud of every ounce of effort you all put into participating in this House! I hope you're all having as much fun being geeky as I am :heart:

Now, let's keep tearing it up in November!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    November Week 2 OWLs & NEWTs:

(Starting after check-in between 11/4-11/7
    and ending with check-in between 11/11-11/14)

OWL (exercise): Mountain Climbers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4

You earn 1 OWL for each rep. Each rep includes doing the move on the right and left leg. If you have questions, please ask!
    NEWT (food): Halloween was last week, and lots of us have extra trick or treating candy left over. Let's revisit this concept to help us limit the candy and not go overboard:

Try replacing one sweet treat you'd usually have with a piece of fruit instead. If you already eat lots of fruit, try a new kind or something seasonal you might not have had in a while.

This doesn't necessarily mean don't eat ANY candy, but replace one serving per day with a piece of fruit, to help you remember to limit it.

You earn 1 NEWT for every day you either replace a serving of candy with a serving of fruit OR try a new/seasonal fruit instead of a fruit you regularly eat. If you have questions, please ask!

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

These are also posted in the November blog, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/gryffindor-november-owls-newts-163339
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gryffindors!!!!!!

Weight: 215.5
    OWLS: 0
    NEWTS: 19
    HP: 0
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    CW: 157.4
    OWL/NEWTS: 10
    HP: 10

This week has been terrible! Have been home all week from college and eating whatever i like :( it stops tomorrow, il be heading back and kicking my *kitten* into gear! Wish me luck!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi Gryffindors!

In case you haven't seen on my news feed, I'm going home this week to see my Dad. His lung cancer is back and he's not expected to last the week. Sue, head of Ravenclaw House, is stepping up as Deputy Headmistress for me and will be posting the Inter-House results in the Great Hall as usual.

I'm going to do my best to calculate this week's results and post next week's OWLs & NEWTs on time. I won't have time to send reminder messages, so I'm sorry if you forget. I hope at least most of you remember with status reminders :)

I'll also do my best to keep you posted on when things will be back to normal. Is anyone willing to put themselves 'on call' in case I need some help calculating results or posting challenges? I'm not sure at this point if I'll need this, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for being patient with me, Gryffs. You know I love you all and I'm proud of you <3

Bronwen
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi Gryffindors!

In case you haven't seen on my news feed, I'm going home this week to see my Dad. His lung cancer is back and he's not expected to last the week. Sue, head of Ravenclaw House, is stepping up as Deputy Headmistress for me and will be posting the Inter-House results in the Great Hall as usual.

I'm going to do my best to calculate this week's results and post next week's OWLs & NEWTs on time. I won't have time to send reminder messages, so I'm sorry if you forget. I hope at least most of you remember with status reminders :)

I'll also do my best to keep you posted on when things will be back to normal. Is anyone willing to put themselves 'on call' in case I need some help calculating results or posting challenges? I'm not sure at this point if I'll need this, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for being patient with me, Gryffs. You know I love you all and I'm proud of you <3

Bronwen

i will help out any way i can just let me know what you need hun!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi Gryffindors!

Bronwen

Family comes first, we understand. We appreciate all you do for us and are willing to be patient with you. Remember that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    First week as a Gryffindor was awesome! No weight change this week (damn Halloween candy and laziness!!), but I'm looking forward to a big one next week!

SW: 206
    CW:206
    OWLS: 200
    NEWTS: 23
    HP: 60 <-- more next week, I promise!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi Gryffindors!

Bronwen

i will help out any way i can just let me know what you need hun!!!

Thanks, Kelly! If I end up not having time, I'll message you :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    CW: 256.8 I'm SO sick of seeing this number, but it's my own fault. I need to stop sabotaging myself every time I lose some weight.
    HP: 73
    Owl: 50
    Newt: 20
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Checking in!
    CW- 166.4!
    OWLS- 40
    NEWTS- 25
    HP- 450
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Check in time!

CW:158
    NEWTS: 35
    OWLS:490
    HP: 781
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    Good morning Gryffindors!
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    CW: 256.8 I'm SO sick of seeing this number, but it's my own fault. I need to stop sabotaging myself every time I lose some weight.
    HP: 73
    Owl: 50
    Newt: 20

Just keep your head up, today is a new day!
    I tend to do the same thing as you, I have a really good week and lose weight, then I just eat and eat and eat! And gain back what I lost. It is an awful feeling! It is like my mind wants me to stay fat! I have started to just sit in front of my fridge before I start to eat and think, am I really hungry?, do I really need to eat this?. When I stop and think about it (and sometimes it takes a while!) I will walk away without grabbing anything. It's a constant battle! But it seems to work!

And also my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Check in time! (Thanks again, Bron, for letting me join in...again!)

SW: 297.7
    CW: 288.2
    OWLS: 0
    NEWTS: 33
    HP: 500
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Current weight - no change
    OWLs/NEWTs - none
    House Points - 120

Trying to do better with tracking this week!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gryffindor :D

Last Monday: 158.0 lbs
    Today: 157.2 lbs

Newts: 3 types of veggies a day x 7 days = 35 points

Owls: = 0 Points

House Points: Monday, Oct 31st to Sunday, Nov 6th totalled 299 Minutes = 299 Points
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 164.5 (down 1 pound)
    OWLS: 600
    NEWTS: 30
    HP: 330